Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 01-01-2013, 9:12 AM

Default Gun buy back programs. Lets do our duty calgunners!

hey calguns!

what would be some of the rules or restrictions of having our own gun buy back?
to spare cops the all the time and money it takes, save some really historic and awesome guns, perhaps sell them at an auction to raise money for calguns.

here is another thread to check out what some other people think.
alot of us support such an idea.\

but we would need an ffl to get behind us to help out. there would probably be quite some profit there too.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=664502

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
- Unknown USMC Lieutenant
Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

What do you do to all the people who brought some POS 22 or shotgun that doesn't even work? Although I'm sure a few gems slip through I'll bet most of the guns aren't worth much.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
What do you do to all the people who brought some POS 22 or shotgun that doesn't even work? Although I'm sure a few gems slip through I'll bet most of the guns aren't worth much.
Give them $50 for it. Then the store owner who sponsors this, takes it down to the other "cash for guns" and trades it in for $100 giftcard. Everybody wins. If they have an in-house smith, fix and resell it if it makes sense.

BTW- That will probably only work for one year, before the "cash for guns" guys get wise to it and change their rules.

Keep in mind, the volume of guns that come in to "cash for guns" is due largely in part to the free advertising they get from the media, several weeks leading up to the event. For this to be successful, the guy heading it would need a real marketing plan of attack.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

It would be more interesting to have a person go to the buy backs and tell people the value of the firearms, along with contact information for various FFLs (such as a web page). The criminals would still turn in the guns as it is a good way to get rid of evidence.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 01-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Calguns Addict

tagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I think this thread needs a rest…..
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Why do people post "tagged" when you can just use the thread tools and subscribe to the thread?

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

Thinking out loud about this... At a time like this, when inventory is very low. This would be great idea for some local stores who have "no inventory" to purchase inventory back from former customers at a "wholesale" price. A program like this, might be a good way for some of the smaller guys to get through the meager times, that are to come in the next few weeks/months.
Old 01-01-2013, 3:15 PM

You cannot buy a gun without asking questions or filling out forms. The reason why Law Enforcement gun buy backs work so well is the "No Questions Asked" part of it. Someone correct me if I am incorrect.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942

"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." ---Wyatt Earp
Old 01-01-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksands View Post
You cannot buy a gun without asking questions or filling out forms. The reason why Law Enforcement gun buy backs work so well is the "No Questions Asked" part of it. Someone correct me if I am incorrect.
No, you are correct.

Maybe you could brand the event both "Cash for Guns" and "Free Legal Advice" I would imagine that a lot of gun sell-back'ers that are attracted to the "no questions asked" policy are merely ignorant but not criminal.
Old 01-02-2013, 8:27 AM

The ATF/Cal DOJ rules don't apply to themselves. They are aloud to make up their own rules. If a person wanted to surrender a firearm to an FFL or Police (unless it was left on your doorstep) he would have to give background information. They are breaking their own laws and won't allow us to do the same.