Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 03-19-2019, 4:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Post your favorite informational/instructional videos related to prepping!

I was searching, but didn't see a thread about this already.

I enjoy watching informational videos about different skills, from firearms to practical medical skills to ham radio, etc. Food, Water, Shelter, Farming, Canning, Homesteading, Was wondering if anyone cared to share their favorite resources from YouTube or elsewhere. I have a pretty extensive physical library of literature and books, but some topics are best learned by watching. I decided to start an saving the moist useful videos offline for reference in a grid down situation.

For starters I have a great many practical medical videos from PrepMedic and SkinnyMedic (2 of my favorites) on YouTube. As an example, PrepMedic's video on how to properly use a chest decompression needle is the clearest and most informative I have come across.

Sure, a book can tell you to palpate the second intercostal space, but he SHOWS how to find it, as well as alternatives and explains WHY it is done, and WHEN it should be done. No

Obviously not going to watch the video after someone is laying there bleeding, but I think there is great value in preserving educational resources for use without use of the interwebs.

I am not trying to profit or violate the content creators in any way, simply trying to create a centralized topical reference for everyone to use. I can update this post with anything useful people post up.

Thoughts? Ideas? Derogatory remarks?
Old 03-19-2019, 4:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Reserved...
Old 03-26-2019, 10:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Primitive Technology YouTube channel is always interesting;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL...Sm8AlZyD3nQdBA