Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxdspot View Post
That pistol is total sweetness, 69Mach1. Here's a link of mine in action. My friend giving it a go.

Dayamn! What a fireball! I like it. Can't wait to shoot mine. I should have known you already had one. Nice set up.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RoDiN View Post
would a semi auto config with a ten round magazine with bullet button be legal? Or would it have to be fixed mag, top loader?
They are both legal and considered the same. Both are fixed 10 round mag pistols. You must use a mag lock on these if they are going to be semi auto. Semi-auto with a detachable magazine located outside of the pistol grip is a CA assault weapon. Must also not exceed 10 rounds for the magazine.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Dayamn! What a fireball! I like it. Can't wait to shoot mine. I should have known you already had one. Nice set up.
Thanks, bros. Cool thing is that although you have to snuggle up real close to the sight, there is very little recoil. So little, you don't have to worry about hitting the rear sight or the charging handle...hehehe...fun times! Let us know how yours works out with some pics! Take care, bros!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxdspot View Post
Thanks, bros. Cool thing is that although you have to snuggle up real close to the sight, there is very little recoil. So little, you don't have to worry about hitting the rear sight or the charging handle...hehehe...fun times! Let us know how yours works out with some pics! Take care, bros!
I was going to get the very short pistol buffer tube for looks, but I like your version for ease of shooting. Now I can't decide. This bad boy is just under 6 pounds loaded without optics and about 6.5 pounds with the red dot sight. I've been taking supplements and hitting the gym preparing to go shoot this thing weaver style. I thought my Desert Eagle was heavy.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 PM

Oh yeah...I have an Eotech on it and it does weigh quite a bit. I kinda gave up shooting it like a pistol and went rifle stance. So did everyone else.

I was going to go with the short buffer tube (i.e. the found on GSE website) too, but read too many people having FTF (etc) issues with it.

Have fun and safe shooting, bros.

Last edited by marxdspot; 08-08-2008 at 11:21 PM..
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 AM

hey mark~! met you at angeles a while back. i remember that ar pistol you have had a huge flash. lol... looked like alot of fun. you oughta post up some more pics. catch ya next time.
Old 08-09-2008, 1:25 AM
Super Moderator

Any issues with using the CAR stock buffer tube?

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 08-09-2008, 6:22 AM

(eric_oh)
It was nice meeting you, too. Yeah, I brought a couple of family/friends along to shoot maybe 5-6 firearms that nite and so far the AR pistol was their favorite. Now some of their friends want to tag along next time to give it a go...fun times. Maybe I'll catch you there again soon. Take care & safe shooting.

(69Mach1)
No issues. I was advised by a couple of arf.com builders to make sure to use a heavy buffer. The upper was built by Spike's Tactical. Prior to purchasing it, I asked Angela what Spike thought about the GSE Buffer tube set. (It can be found here: http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/A..._Kits_GSE.html). I figured I'd ask since both companies were in Florida and since she was familiar with their stuff. And, she said that it was a hit or miss. They did some testing with a variety of pistol uppers with the GSE short buffer set as they were hoping to use it as part of their kit packages, but it would work on some and some not. As a result, I went the safe route and went with the car tube and heavy buffer. By the way, would you want some foam padding for your buffer tube? I've got some extra. It does wonders if you decide that you wanna shoot it like a rifle instead of a pistol. I got the foam padding from a friend of mine in Maine, who owns a plant that makes them. I told him about my build and he sent me some high quality low rise rubber foam to cover up the buffer tube. I've got three choices. I could send you all three to try out to see what's to your liking. All you gotta do is remove the end cap, "lub the tube, and slip it on." It's low enough to clear the charging hand and it beats cheeking up to the metal and hearing the boing. PM me if you want it and I'll be glad to send it over, bros.

Last edited by marxdspot; 08-09-2008 at 6:27 AM..
Old 08-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Cool, thank you very much. No legal issues with the CAR stock buffer tube either.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K

Last edited by 69Mach1; 08-09-2008 at 10:52 PM..
Old 08-09-2008, 10:05 PM

perhaps someone can help me out. im curious as to what makes these different from an SBR, does that rule only apply to AR's? where the hell do i find the codes for this stuff?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Because they're not rifles. They are marked and DROS'ed as pistols. There is no stock on these pistols either.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 08-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K

Last edited by 69Mach1; 08-09-2008 at 10:17 PM..
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a better pic with the CAR length pistol tube.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K

Last edited by 69Mach1; 10-07-2008 at 5:06 PM..
Old 08-10-2008, 3:46 AM

doesn't look to bad with a car buffer but i wouldn't feel safe legal wise with that on there
Old 08-10-2008, 3:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Here's a better pic with the CAR tube.

Watch as it's recombined into a carbine.

Upper went on first, then the stock.
So you're the one that took my uppers
Old 08-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxG3xx View Post
doesn't look to bad with a car buffer but i wouldn't feel safe legal wise with that on there
There are no legal issues with using the original CAR tube. Here's an ATF letter.

http://www.jcweaponry.com/images/ar15/BB.JPG

We've discussed a lot about CA laws, so lets talk about Federal laws.
For you fellow calgunners who are interested in getting an AR pistol, here are some rules to follow so that you do not violate Federal NFA laws.

If you don't already have an AR pistol receiver, but do have AR rifles/receivers, DO NOT HAVE AN AR PISTOL UPPER OR BARREL LESS THAN 16in SHIPPED TO YOU. You'll need to supply a pistol upper to complete the pistol for DROS, so to avoid danger have it shipped directly to your dealer.
If you don't have any AR rifles or receivers, you should be OK. Having an AR rifle with possession of an AR pistol upper or an AR barrel less than 16 inches is considered constructive possession of a short barreled rifle unless you also have an AR pistol receiver.

If you do not own any AR rifles/receivers, once you have your AR pistol, if you happen to be in possession of an AR butt stock without the rifle (16in barrel) upper, it is considered constructive possession of a short barreled rifle.

If you do own AR rifles and you take possession of your AR pistol, you can be in possession of butt stocks because they are spare parts for your AR rifle.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K

Last edited by 69Mach1; 11-29-2008 at 9:37 PM..
Old 08-10-2008, 5:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snorkie & Mr Wiggles
LOL Those are the most hilarious gun names I've ever heard!
If Hell ever needed a operations manual all it would need is a copy of California's laws
Old 08-15-2008, 6:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
...There are no legal issues with using the original CAR tube. Here's an ATF letter.

http://www.jcweaponry.com/images/ar15/BB.JPG
I think you're wrong. The letter specifically states, "...possessing a rifle buttstock that could readily be installed on your pistol could constitute possession of a short barreled rifle."

Installing a stock onto your car buffer tube requires no tools, and can be done quite easily. I'd reconsider using it. I think your playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 8:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidsnake87 View Post
LOL Those are the most hilarious gun names I've ever heard!
If something can be bad*** with a name like "Mr. Wiggles" or "Snorkie" then you KNOW its F'ing Bad***

I could have named it the 'killamajig' or something, but then you wouldn't know if it was bad*** because of the name or because of what it is.

There's no confusion now.

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance
Old 08-19-2008, 9:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
I think you're wrong. The letter specifically states, "...possessing a rifle buttstock that could readily be installed on your pistol could constitute possession of a short barreled rifle."

Installing a stock onto your car buffer tube requires no tools, and can be done quite easily. I'd reconsider using it. I think your playing with fire.
Yes, you could be if you can't explain what the extra butt stock is for. It's the same thing for the Glock carbine kits. The stock just attaches to the Glock's extra grip well, after you install the 16in barrel. However, I will go the extra mile and buy a pistol tube. By the way, even with the pistol tubes, you can still slip on an A1 or A2 stock.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 08-19-2008, 7:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yes, you could be if you can't explain what the extra butt stock is for. It's the same thing for the Glock carbine kits. The stock just attaches to the Glock's extra grip well, after you install the 16in barrel. However, I will go the extra mile and buy a pistol tube. By the way, even with the pistol tubes, you can still slip on an A1 or A2 stock.
The pistol buffer tube differs from the entry length buffer tube by not having the end threaded to accept a mounting screw.

Aditionally the foam sleve, when installed, prevents the buffer tube from being able to be inserted even accidentally into any form of rifle stock. (ace was a bit parinod about that apperently)

I've seen some guys wrap paracord over CAR stock buffer tubes to achieve the same effect.... constructive posession is alot harder to run afoul of with a pistol than with a rifle, but it can still be done.

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance
Old 08-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Banned

Carbon . . . and look, it's even got a pistol tube instead of a CAR tube! All of mines have CAR tubes. it's just easier that way

Old 08-20-2008, 10:02 AM

dang drunkskunk, looks good.

anyone pm me info on getting the ball rolling on a pistol AR.

I have AR rifles, so i can't buy a pistol upper and have it shipped to my house right? When i DROS the pistol AR it has to be complete (as seen in all of these beautiful pics) right?
so there is no buy the recievers and then parts kits, buffer tube, uppers, mags etc later right? All in one shot.

sorry for sounding new to this. i don't have the cash to drop down on a complete one, but would like to get this started.

thanks
Old 08-20-2008, 11:11 AM

New to the AR laws - but been thinking of getting one. Better yet - in pistol form. So, if I have to get a single shot lower registered as a pistol - how do I convert it to open magwell with a BB?
Old 08-20-2008, 1:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

buy a complete pistol, depending on your location you have several options with who to go with. NorCal- M24armorer, SoCal AR15barrels-sells kits.

Conversion is easy, put in your gas tube, or take out your mag block. Install a BB and 10rnd mag.

I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...
Old 08-22-2008, 2:30 PM

great Info guys, Thanks for the time posting up your knowledge also.
A quick re-cap for me.
Get OLL DROSed as a pistol
Call AR 15 barrels or M24 have them make pistol upper
Install maglock with 10 rounder
Never install a stock
I think this is it but how can I get a pistol upper sent to me? wouldnt that be a SBR? or is it the case of its not a gun untill its put together. And as long as its put together the correct way Im good to go?
Like I said before I love this web-site and the people that help newbis like me.
Old 08-22-2008, 2:32 PM

I believe you must dros the pistol as a whole and not just a stripped receiver.
Old 08-23-2008, 1:58 PM

you can ppt a "frame".
Old 08-26-2008, 5:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

How about an Addax GPU 10.5" AR Pistol Upper...

We are going to start building these in approx. 2 weeks, just waiting on some 10.5" barrels to arrive.

We are also looking at possibly building a 7.5" barreled version, but that is going to take some time to develop.

San Fernando, CA 91340

Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

Phone: (818) 361-5008
Old 08-26-2008, 7:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addax View Post

We are going to start building these in approx. 2 weeks, just waiting on some 10.5" barrels to arrive.

We are also looking at possibly building a 7.5" barreled version, but that is going to take some time to develop.

Im curious, how much would the 7.5" (if possible) be going for?? That is too sweet....
----------------------------
With my feet upon the ground, I move myself between the sound and Open wide to suck it in I feel It move across my skin
Old 08-27-2008, 9:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Wow! That is just pure evil.
Very nice.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 08-27-2008, 9:32 AM

Quote:

Oh wow what is the price as shown, with flip up sights?
Kinda a funny question but how has you GPU been running? any problems?
special pre-order discounts? lol thanks bro.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

hey guys off topic

say i wanna build an AR pistol

is really doubt its the same as a ak pistol where you HAVE to build from a flat...what type of lower do you use? one that says multi ? ive heard that that some say pistol ? are they more expensive? can i use a regular lower ? thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 4:49 PM
Veteran Member

PMed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frijolito1988 View Post
hey guys off topic

say i wanna build an AR pistol

is really doubt its the same as a ak pistol where you HAVE to build from a flat...what type of lower do you use? one that says multi ? ive heard that that some say pistol ? are they more expensive? can i use a regular lower ? thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 6:45 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
Oh wow what is the price as shown, with flip up sights?
Kinda a funny question but how has you GPU been running? any problems?
special pre-order discounts? lol thanks bro.

Thanks RocketW19,

I will be posting prices up very soon on our AR Pistol GPU

Our GPU's have been running like a champ, and we have had some time to develop the different models of our uppers with PWS.

We also test fire each and every upper we build before we ship them out to ensure functionality.
San Fernando, CA 91340

Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

Phone: (818) 361-5008
Old 08-27-2008, 6:56 PM
Veteran Member

Um...I want one.
Old 08-28-2008, 8:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

oh geez just what the dr ordered.
Old 08-28-2008, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

I'd almost be nervous of constructive possession with one of those sitting in my garage
Old 08-28-2008, 9:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
I'd almost be nervous of constructive possession with one of those sitting in my garage
make sure it sits on a pistol lower with a b15 then
Old 08-29-2008, 8:31 AM
Veteran Member

Anyway to get a stripped pistol receiver.....or do I need somebody with an AW permit to receive the pistol and install a BB for me.
Closed Thread