Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:47 AM

Default Best Gas Block for Geissele MK14 15" M LOK Free Float Handrails

I just got it today along with my Criterion 16" Hybrid Chrome Lined barrel. The Geissele MK14 FFRS came with a Stainless Steel Geissele Super Gas Block. It looks like an excellent Gas Block but I suspect that its a bit too large for the inner diameter of the Geissele MK14 that is slightly smaller and slimmer than the Geissele MK8 accessory rails that came before it.

The MK8 ID is 1.35" and MK8 Height‎ is ‎2.3" I'm concerned about barrel movemment during firing causing the Mk14 Gas Block to come in contact with the inner handrail. The Geissele MK14 inner Diameter in only 1.27" and the Height‎ is ‎2.02"

The Geissele Super Gas Block demensions are

Material: 17-4 stainless steel
Length: 0.997"
Height: 1.411"
Width: 1.043"
Weight: 1.6 oz

I just roughly tried to fit it in the handrails and their wasn't much room. the Gas block comes with a hole for pinning the Gas Block to the barrel already drilled but I don't think that i'll do that as I was advised by Criterion that pinning the Gas Block to the barrle might effect accuracy so I'll just set screw it but the pin hole adds extra mass to a already large Gas Block

My question is has anybody used the Geissele MK14 handrails and if so what Gas block did you use how it working for you.
Old 05-16-2018, 5:23 AM

Have you considered calling or emailing Geissele? It wouldn’t make sense for them to give you that gas block with the rail if they thought there could be a problem
Old 05-16-2018, 6:03 AM

Is this a real question?
Old 05-16-2018, 6:48 AM

Doesn't seem possible that the one gas block Geissele designed and sells wouldn't fit their own handguards. And from what I can tell, looking at pics online, it appears to be pretty minimal in girth. About as minimal as they get. This GB does seem to have an extra boss sticking out at around 4-5 o'clock, but it should interfere with a cylindrical HG around it.

The only "low profle" gas blocks you really need to worry about are the kinds that clamp on with little side bolts on the bottom. Those typically do interfere with the HG and require some grinding on the bolt heads.

But a call to Geissele will get the ultimate answer.
Old 05-16-2018, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfabrication View Post
Is this a real question?
i was wondering the same thing. I hate when my rail gets scratch by the gas block...especially the inside
Old 05-16-2018, 7:05 PM

Geissele gas blocks fit Geissele handguards. there is no question.
Pin it to win it.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by spfabrication; 05-16-2018 at 7:14 PM..