Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Banned

Default California passed 900 new laws that go into effect in 2017

California passed 900 new laws that go into effect in 2017.

With the continued multiple duplicate bills coming out of both the Assembly and the Senate it's CLEAR that our Representative/Legislators are abusing their authority.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/edito...102-story.html

We need a limit to 3 bills per legislator.
Old 02-19-2017, 1:03 PM

Some may not be aware that many States have legislatures that are not full time, do not meet year 'round. Even large States like Texas. Indiana, a State with which I'm familiar, allows its legislature to meet something like only 90 days per year.

With that type of rule, these politicians have to go home and earn a real living, and furthermore there's a limit to how much damage they can cause when they are in session just due to the limited time.

Here in Pelosifornia, our legislature meets essentially year 'round; the politicians are full time career criminals, er, uh, excuse me, correction: politicians. They thus create too many laws and too much trouble.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 02-19-2017, 1:08 PM

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the (California) legislature is in session.”

"Few men of first class ability can afford to let their affairs go to ruin while they fool away their time in Legislatures...But your chattering, one-horse village lawyer likes it, and your solemn *** from the cow countries, who don't know the Constitution from the Lord's Prayer, enjoys it, and these you always find in the Assembly; the one gabble, gabble, gabbling threadbare platitudes and 'give-me-liberty-or give-me-death' buncombe from morning to night, and the other asleep, with his slab-soled brogans set up like a couple of grave-stones on the top of his desk."

Mark Twain
Old 02-19-2017, 1:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
Some may not be aware that many States have legislatures that are not full time, do not meet year 'round. Even large States like Texas. Indiana, a State with which I'm familiar, allows its legislature to meet something like only 90 days per year.

With that type of rule, these politicians have to go home and earn a real living, and furthermore there's a limit to how much damage they can cause when they are in session just due to the limited time.

Here in Pelosifornia, our legislature meets essentially year 'round; the politicians are full time career criminals, er, uh, excuse me, correction: politicians. They thus create too many laws and too much trouble.
The simple fact it is a career is the problem.

When the focus is on making money to further your own prosperity, liberty dies.
Old 02-19-2017, 1:36 PM

I think Trump came up with a solution for this problem: require the legislature to abolish two laws for each new law passed.
Old 02-19-2017, 1:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Nevada 90 days every two years.
Old 02-19-2017, 6:32 PM

I agree the CA legislatures need to take some time off a lot of time off.
Old 02-19-2017, 7:09 PM

Can this be changed through a ballot initiative?
Old 02-19-2017, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman19 View Post
California passed 900 new laws that go into effect in 2017.

With the continued multiple duplicate bills coming out of both the Assembly and the Senate it's CLEAR that our Representative/Legislators are abusing their authority.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/edito...102-story.html

We need a limit to 3 bills per legislator.
seemed to me the governor wasn't doing his job correctly then...
Old 02-19-2017, 7:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

C'mon guys, they have to justify that sweet salary and those golden parachute perks. They just need to make it look like they actually do something.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
Old 02-20-2017, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarydog View Post
Hahahahahaha that's funny. Good one.
Old 02-20-2017, 4:10 AM

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Yeah right. With an average of 1k laws passed every year, makes that statement impossible. How many laws are you breaking on a daily basis without even knowing it? Something has to change.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-20-2017, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRAFAN View Post
I think Trump came up with a solution for this problem: require the legislature to abolish two laws for each new law passed.
Correction: I think that was an Exec Order pertaining to regulations, not laws. If a Fed Dept. wants to issue a new regulation, it has to cancel two existing regulations. Nice idea.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 02-20-2017, 7:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The minds of Excremento are running out of ideas for new laws. We already have tens of thousands on the books, many are duplicates.

The solution is for every new law you pass, an old law must be removed. If you are limited to a few 10's of thousands, liberty might re-appear.
Old 02-20-2017, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgabriel View Post
I think the Trump proposal pertains to regulations, not laws.

Old 02-20-2017, 8:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
The minds of Excremento are running out of ideas for new laws. We already have tens of thousands on the books, many are duplicates.

The solution is for every new law you pass, an old law must be removed. If you are limited to a few 10's of thousands, liberty might re-appear.
As long as the Democrats are in charge of this one-party State, that'll never happen. There will be new gun laws every year for the foreseeable future, including 2017.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRAFAN View Post
"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the (California) legislature is in session.”

"Few men of first class ability can afford to let their affairs go to ruin while they fool away their time in Legislatures...But your chattering, one-horse village lawyer likes it, and your solemn *** from the cow countries, who don't know the Constitution from the Lord's Prayer, enjoys it, and these you always find in the Assembly; the one gabble, gabble, gabbling threadbare platitudes and 'give-me-liberty-or give-me-death' buncombe from morning to night, and the other asleep, with his slab-soled brogans set up like a couple of grave-stones on the top of his desk."

Mark Twain
Great stuff, Cprafan!!!

Old 02-20-2017, 2:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarydog View Post
it wouldn't even make the ballot in this stupid state.

Quote:
As long as the Democrats are in charge of this one-party State, that'll never happen. There will be new gun laws every year for the foreseeable future, including 2017.
the year just started I bet we're gonna see some gut and amend legislation coming from these idiots soon enough. All we need is a mass shooting or terrorist attack and it's off to full idiot and beyond.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 02-20-2017, 2:17 PM

Why dont the California voters get a "1 year term of Office" voted in ?
Old 02-20-2017, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt Doctur View Post
Why dont the California voters get a "1 year term of Office" voted in ?
Because the majority of CA voters like things the way they are.
That's why we have what we have now, isn't it?

A.W.D.
Old 02-20-2017, 9:25 PM

You people in CA need to organize a ballot initiative to make a change in the CA constitution to limit the legislature sessions to no more than 30 days a year. And with a corresponding reduction in compensation.
Old 02-21-2017, 8:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

We people of California are swamped with liberal voters. They are the super majority here. Initiatives are paid for here by either labor unions, corporations, government people or rich liberals with agendas.

The average Joe has no shot at that game. Besides, all it takes is one liberal activist judge to throw the whole thing out, like prop 187 and Prop 8.
Old 02-21-2017, 8:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

We need that very badly here in CA. I think it would be quite easy to trace much of the decline in CA back to when they went to a full time legislature. They just have to much damn time on their hands. I've been saying for a long time if we want to get CA turned around a serious effort needs to get started to pass a ballot initiative to amend the state constitution to go back to a part time legislature. That alone would prolly have a huge impact on CA all across the board.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 02-21-2017, 8:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Meanwhile roads, bridges, dams and other critical infrastructure continues to FALL APART.
Old 02-21-2017, 9:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Meanwhile roads, bridges, dams and other critical infrastructure continues to FALL APART.
Because they keep diverting the gas tax money which is intended to pay for that to all their pet social programs and posh state employee benefits.

Perhaps we also need an amendment that requires that certain "earmarked" taxes and fees may not be diverted for use on anything other than what they are earmarked for.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 02-21-2017, 9:21 AM

So many laws, but politicians exempt from they law.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Vtd Most Likely to Secede
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

The gravy train. Must. Not. Stop.

CHOO CHOO CHUGA CHUGA!

Plenty of cash flowing so they can throw transvestite lunch parties on those busy Fridays.

I mean, at least they're being frugal with the telegraph bill.
Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

Old 02-21-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
We people of California are swamped with liberal voters. They are the super majority here.
...maybe not so much after Trump deports the illegals.
Old 02-22-2017, 2:25 PM

It always astonishes me that a Judge has the gall to nullify a ballot proposition approved by the voters, when the latter is a pure form of democracy. Such judges are substituting their judgement for that of WE THE PEOPLE.