Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-27-2017, 6:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cola View Post
At what distance do you shoot at the range. Is it still 15'
Thanks
Yes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 05-30-2017, 6:56 PM

Update on my timeline:
Applied 4/7
Interview 5/1
Passed Int call 5/30
Range 7/15
Old 05-30-2017, 6:56 PM

Update on my timeline:
Applied 4/7
Interview 5/1
Passed Int call 5/30
Range 7/15
Old 05-30-2017, 7:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by downyours View Post
Update on my timeline:
Applied 4/7
Interview 5/1
Passed Int call 5/30
Range 7/15
Damn it. If I were a better procrastinator I could of had a 3 month wait.

Glad things are moving along nicely for you.

Old 05-30-2017, 7:10 PM
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Update on my timeline:
Applied 4/7
Interview 5/1
Passed Int call 5/30
Range 7/15
4/7/16 or 4/7/17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 05-30-2017, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
4/7/16 or 4/7/17?
4/7/17 is when I applied. Reading through this thread I am feeling rather lucky for the timeline I have been given, though in all fairness I waited 3 years before finally applying.
Old 05-30-2017, 7:26 PM

Quote:
4/7/17 is when I applied. Reading through this thread I am feeling rather lucky for the timeline I have been given, though in all fairness I waited 3 years before finally applying.
Lol I waited 5 years before applying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 9:30 AM

Hey There
Filled out the online application last night, was asked to select a date and time for my interview, then was asked to verify the date and time. On that last page, there were boxes at the top that were blank and would not let me fill them in, and the correct date and time that I selected at the bottom. But when I clicked the verify, it came up with an error about blank information. I hit the back button, looked over my information, and tried again. This time it said my SSN was already in the system. Am I OK? Wasn't i supposed to get a confirmation Email? Who do I contact to check on this? I don't see any phone #'s on the site. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-31-2017, 9:31 AM

Hey There
Filled out the online application last night, was asked to select a date and time for my interview, then was asked to verify the date and time. On that last page, there were boxes at the top that were blank and would not let me fill them in, and the correct date and time that I selected at the bottom. But when I clicked the verify, it came up with an error about blank information. I hit the back button, looked over my information, and tried again. This time it said my SSN was already in the system. Am I OK? Wasn't i supposed to get a confirmation Email? Who do I contact to check on this? I don't see any phone #'s on the site. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-31-2017, 9:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoheada1 View Post
Hey There
Page ONE of the application instructions:
After submitting the online application, you will be directed to select an appointment for an interview. Be sure to make note of the appointment date and time. Please call the Employee Resources Division at (909)387-3750 if you have questions.
Old 05-31-2017, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Hey There
Did the same thing to me. Don't wait to call, call right away and schedule your appointment

Old 05-31-2017, 11:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Hey There
PM sent.

Old 05-31-2017, 1:01 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. Sarah actually answered when I called, and was able to give me an appointment within one day of the one I was trying to select online. Now the waiting game begins.

Chuck
Old 05-31-2017, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the help guys. Sarah actually answered when I called, and was able to give me an appointment within one day of the one I was trying to select online. Now the waiting game begins.

Chuck
What's your date?

Old 05-31-2017, 8:47 PM

An Officer visited one of my neighbors today. At least I know it's moving forward.
Old 05-31-2017, 8:48 PM

An Officer visited one of my neighbors today. At least I know it's moving forward.
Old 05-31-2017, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by done-it-again View Post

What date was your interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2017, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjxd View Post
What date was your interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5/15/17. Only waited 6 months for the interview. Lol
Old 06-01-2017, 6:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by done-it-again View Post
5/15/17. Only waited 6 months for the interview. Lol
Not too bad!

I filled out the form last July and didn't get a date either, so I called a couple weeks later. Tomorrow is interview. Only 11 months!
Old 06-01-2017, 6:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGT80 View Post
Not too bad!

I filled out the form last July and didn't get a date either, so I called a couple weeks later. Tomorrow is interview. Only 11 months!
Well at least they are getting the approval back quickly.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Well at least they are getting the approval back quickly.

They said I should hear back in 6 months with a date for the range appointment, if approved.

Be ready for the interview guys. It all started off good, but they said they needed to finger print me and opened the door to the basement and that was when I saw all the scratch marks on the inside of the door and heard the screams from below. I thought FiPi's basement was just fiction...............

The process went faster than I expected. There were a few pages of forms to fill out and a question sheet. It asked about smoking MJ but didn't ask about using or eating it, not that I do, but with all I have heard about the various products out there I expected the question to be different. Well, I once ate a special brownie and didn't know what they meant by special and trusted the person. To me, special was just something really good or made for a person they loved. It was an awful experience and I no longer eat any brownies. Point is, the question didn't ask if I had ever ingested MJ, just if I had smoked it, which is a no.

They didn't ask any questions about my personal life when doing paperwork and the guy doing the prints just asked about the business I work for.

As far as dress. I wore one of my 5.11 shirts and camo shorts, just like I do almost every day. The shirts are very comfy and are as cheap as 5 bucks each on clearance and I have 5 positions in the local gun club and promote shooting sports and compete myself. Why pretend to be who I am not? We'll see if I get denied for it.

The process took less than 40 minutes and the staff was great. While I can complain about all the stupid hoops SB County makes you go through and the crappy laws of the state, I can't complain about the people handling the process. Luckily I live in SB and not LA or San Diego. On the other hand, in Arizona or Idaho, all you have to do is slip a gun in your pants and you are good to go.

Hopefully they are moving faster than expected on background and getting range dates scheduled.
Old 06-02-2017, 5:33 PM

Default Interview was 6/1/17

Just did my Interview at SB Sheriffs Office. About 40 Mins. I cannot Believe it but I was about 20 min late. Took me in anyway. I do not know how the Interview went as I have never been on one before. Nervous as Hell. I forgot my Marriage Licenses and My 3 other CCWs, they let me take Copies in today. I signed up in Sept of Last year. Now the Waiting Begins.
Old 06-02-2017, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.D. View Post
I cannot Believe it but I was about 20 min late.
Old 06-03-2017, 5:13 AM

Why wait so long for a interview and even chance being late and not have all the paper work. I was there 3 weeks ago and a guy was all over the place. Running out to his car, not bringing all his paper work. It's not that hard when you have on average a 6 month wait.

I'm sure you will still get it and all be fine. But I believe most of the hoops we jump through is to show character, following directions and follow through.

Last edited by done-it-again; 06-03-2017 at 5:15 AM..
Old 06-03-2017, 5:41 AM

^ I know what you mean. I had a binder that was tabbed and everything. I even put a table of contents in the cover insert lol.
Old 06-03-2017, 5:51 AM

When I did my interview, there was a guy who didn't have all of his paperwork, didn't fill out the question sheet completely and just super nervous. The detectives just wanted him to get out and come back when he had his **** together. I would imagine that they wouldn't process his paperwork as fast as someone who was squared away.

Old 06-03-2017, 5:52 AM

Although I keep having dreams that I will forget my MO for the range and am scrambling to get one last second lol

Old 06-04-2017, 8:52 AM

IIRC, there was a couple people in my class who forgot their MO. Luckily a nice lady had or brought extras for people to buy.
Old 06-05-2017, 6:28 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike350GT View Post
^ I know what you mean. I had a binder that was tabbed and everything. I even put a table of contents in the cover insert lol.
Haha yeah I had the same, less the table of contents. I was in and out in no time and the detective seemed appreciative at the thoroughness. I can't even imagine taking a chance and being late, but I'm never late for anything.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:06 AM

Is SB County still (3) guns on the permit?

Any word on a change? I know several other counties have increased to (5) or even more.

Thank you.

Old 06-06-2017, 4:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPastor View Post

Is SB County still (3) guns on the permit?

Any word on a change? I know several other counties have increased to (5) or even more.

Thank you.

Still only 3 guns.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:44 PM

What's your date?
1/09/18. How are people getting interviews so quick, and I get this gem?
Old 06-07-2017, 3:57 PM

does anyone have any insight on modifications to the guns on your permit, i know they pretty much frown upon them for the most part. but how about cerakote, ive got a little cerakote side business and do alot of my own guns in my downtime or to keep my portfolio fresh, but ive been hesitant to touch any of the 3 guns on my permit. Im not thinking of doing anything like really excessive no stencils or designs or anything, mostly wanted to stealth out my kahr cw9, it has a stainless slide and i want to black it out. Anyone know the rules/guidelines in regards to cerakoting your permit guns?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2017, 4:00 PM

oh and my range date got pushed up to the 17th......gotta get a few more days in with my lcr 9mm, I was half bummed but yet relieved its gonna be sooner but bummed because i felt i needed that time to A) repair my lc9s and B) dial in my skills with the lcr. Oh well if the lc9s isnt working rite by next week it looks like the sr9c is gonna get it's spot.

Old 06-07-2017, 4:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matix101 View Post
does anyone have any insight on modifications to the guns on your permit, i know they pretty much frown upon them for the most part. but how about cerakote, ive got a little cerakote side business and do alot of my own guns in my downtime or to keep my portfolio fresh, but ive been hesitant to touch any of the 3 guns on my permit. Im not thinking of doing anything like really excessive no stencils or designs or anything, mostly wanted to stealth out my kahr cw9, it has a stainless slide and i want to black it out. Anyone know the rules/guidelines in regards to cerakoting your permit guns?

The grip frame on one of my guns is cerakoted a solid color and nothing was said about it.

If you get too fancy or have something that will make you look like a Mall Ninja get ready for the worse.

As for other mods; don't remove any safeties and don't install a 3lb or less target trigger.

Old 06-07-2017, 4:54 PM

yeah i know to stay away from safety removal and trigger jobs, even though that damn mag disconnect could cost me my life.....but ill leave it in. Yeah so as i mentioned im not gonna do anything fancy just want to black it out since they only had the stailess slide model when i bought it. when its done it will look essentially factory so i doubt there will be any raised eyebrows, just figured id ask though. Thanks again.

Old 06-07-2017, 5:38 PM

You'll be fine. Someone had a chrome/gold plated 1911 all they said was, "are you sure you want risk losing that" in a joking manner
Old 06-07-2017, 6:19 PM

Is your interview date set in stone, or could it move up due to cancellations or adding staff, ect?
Old 06-07-2017, 6:19 PM

Is your interview date set in stone, or could it move up due to cancellations or adding staff, ect?
Old 06-07-2017, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Don't count on staff being added right now. Maybe next budget year.
Cancellations can happen but they are rare.