Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 5:37 PM

Keep your eyes open for another $50 lower sale coming up..

Nice

Last edited by DaddyIsPacking; 11-21-2011 at 1:35 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 6:56 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Is the Black Friday sale the only $50 lower deal you're going to be doing/have done?

Been keeping an eye out for a CalGuns group buy since you originally mentioned it way back on the first page of the AR15.com group buy.

I'd like to buy a gross of lowers (thats the unit of measure for a bunch of lowers right? )

Old 12-12-2011, 6:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

The BF lower sale was the 4th or 5th we have done so far. They happen sporadically, and usually around a holiday. I'm sure we will have another sometime next year.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 AM

I would like better customer service. I've sent 2 emails trying to get a tracking number and have not recieved a respone and I get the same recording when I call. Its been 11 days since I placed my order.
Old 12-14-2011, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331Marine View Post
I would like better customer service. I've sent 2 emails trying to get a tracking number and have not recieved a respone and I get the same recording when I call. Its been 11 days since I placed my order.
this makes two of us. I emailed and got no response.

I ordered some stuff on 12/1, got a tracking number on the 8th, which initially said the scheduled deliver would be 12/14. Then the order was apparently split up into two shipments, with one still in the "order processed" phase, and the other "in transit" that looks like it won't be here until 12/19. I don't think it should take this long to get an upper receiver. I still don't know if one of the shipments is even en route.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

My one complaint was the customer service as well. Not that it is "bad," but that it takes so long for a response. I had e-mailed asking if it were possible to upgrade my upper to the MOE version two days, on 12/5, after I had ordered it (I ordered it at like 3AM 12/2). A week later, this Monday (12/12), I got an e-mail back telling me it would be a $40 fee and that they assumed I knew this and that I wanted them to charge my CC for it, so they did, without me directly authorizing said charge. They said to let them know if I didn't want to pay the $40 and they would cancel it. I e-mailed them right back, within like 30 minutes of receiving said e-mail, and said no as that is double the cost of the upgrade option on their site and almost double the cost of the handguard if I were to buy it elsewhere. Never heard back, my CC was charged the $40, and now my upper has shipped as of 8:38PM last night. Basically, they had 3 full days to read my e-mail declining the charge, and nothing came of it. I'm curious if I'll even get an e-mail back at all now that the upper has shipped. I paid $40 for a $20 handguard because customer service is quite honestly taking way to long to get back to people.

Other than the customer service issue, I've got 0 complaints with PSA and their products. Their site does state it takes 10 business days from the time of order for an upper to ship. I got my tracking number on the 8th as well, and my delivery date is 12/20.

Last edited by roushstage2; 12-14-2011 at 11:17 PM..
Old 12-15-2011, 7:41 AM

I learned that when you get your tracking number, that's when they have just started building your upper. Well, if you get your tracking number 8 days after you placed your order, that means it took 8 days for them to even begin working on it, plus another 10 to assemble. I'm not sure why it takes up to 18 days to ship an upper, but perhaps they are backlogged with Christmas orders.

I've heard nothing but great things about their products, so let's just hope the wait is worth it.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTeacher View Post
I learned that when you get your tracking number, that's when they have just started building your upper. Well, if you get your tracking number 8 days after you placed your order, that means it took 8 days for them to even begin working on it, plus another 10 to assemble. I'm not sure why it takes up to 18 days to ship an upper, but perhaps they are backlogged with Christmas orders.

I've heard nothing but great things about their products, so let's just hope the wait is worth it.
They create the shipping label when you get the tracking number. I figured that out when I actually read the tracking screen. I placed my order on the 2nd, got the tracking number the 8th, and my upper shipped on the 13th. They do indeed have a lot of holiday orders. The more recent post on this site about their uppers, I just saw the other day, says expect a wait of up to 15 days for the uppers to go out. Just trying to pass along the info that I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushstage2 View Post
Other than the customer service issue, I've got 0 complaints with PSA and their products. Their site does state it takes 10 business days from the time of order for an upper to ship. I got my tracking number on the 8th as well, and my delivery date is 12/20.
I made my complaint about customer service, so to be completely fair, I will give the other half now. Whoever it is that logs into this site for PSA had my order number from before when I could not reach anyone. This person looked into my issue with the CC charge, and took care of it. As far as I am concerned, my one and only issue has been taken care of, and for that I am very appreciative and thankful! Thank you once more to PSA!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushstage2 View Post
They create the shipping label when you get the tracking number. I figured that out when I actually read the tracking screen. I placed my order on the 2nd, got the tracking number the 8th, and my upper shipped on the 13th. They do indeed have a lot of holiday orders. The more recent post on this site about their uppers, I just saw the other day, says expect a wait of up to 15 days for the uppers to go out. Just trying to pass along the info that I know.

I made my complaint about customer service, so to be completely fair, I will give the other half now. Whoever it is that logs into this site for PSA had my order number from before when I could not reach anyone. This person looked into my issue with the CC charge, and took care of it. As far as I am concerned, my one and only issue has been taken care of, and for that I am very appreciative and thankful! Thank you once more to PSA!
Indeed. They have since contacted me and have let me know exactly what is going on. Kudos to them.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:05 PM

I would love better, or should I say ANY customer service. Im now at 1/2 a dozen emails and 1/2 a dozen phones calls unanswered before and after my purchase. The one bit of info I got steered me in the wrong direction. At this point I am really feeling uneasy about my purchase of a PSA upper...
Old 12-28-2011, 6:40 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I would love better, or should I say ANY customer service. Im now at 1/2 a dozen emails and 1/2 a dozen phones calls unanswered before and after my purchase. The one bit of info I got steered me in the wrong direction. At this point I am really feeling uneasy about my purchase of a PSA upper...
I can't speak for them as I don't work with customer service, but the phone lines generally stay busy. The phone lines should be open 9am-5pm EST, but I'm not sure what the best time to call is.

If you PM me with your inquiry I may be able to answer it for you.
Old 12-28-2011, 9:46 AM

Resent PM from 12/13
Old 12-29-2011, 9:42 AM

Is anyone answering the phones at PSA I have been trying to call for the last 3 day and no one picks up the phone. and have not received a reply to my email that I sent 3 days ago through the contact section on the website.

wanting to buy some stuff from you guys, but wanted to get my questions answered because I'm trying to make a choice between 2 of your company's products.

Last edited by SDS-Ruger; 12-29-2011 at 3:49 PM.. Reason: more explanation
Old 01-02-2012, 6:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yes, the phones are being answered. We only have two phone lines, and they receive a pretty high call volume. It can be difficult to get through, especially at this time of the year. We are planning to have a new phone system in place sometime this year.
Old 01-04-2012, 9:02 AM
Calguns Addict

CGN specials, either monthly or weekly.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 01-04-2012, 6:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
CGN specials, either monthly or weekly.
+1
Old 01-06-2012, 6:08 PM

Magazine Rebuild kits.
I will sit by the freshwater creek that runs through my yard and laugh, wait for the bay area folks to start trickling north, then sell off my cheapie C&R collection at inflated prices. "You like my sporterized M44 mosin eh? I'll take your middle daughter and all your jewlery".
you just gotta know how to work these situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
"Ruger semi-auto pistols are well made, but they are ugly.Life is too short to collect ugly guns"
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcaveman View Post
Butt-stroking is for wooden rifles
Old 01-06-2012, 9:02 PM

More phone support please! I've never spoke with someone on the phone, or received an email back for that matter.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:41 AM

How about a 20" lightweight rifle upper
Old 01-09-2012, 5:16 PM

When should we see the new website go live?
Old 01-10-2012, 6:50 AM
Vendor/Retailer

The new website is live now, and we are working on getting new employees to help with CS. If you can PM me some general information on magazine rebuild kits I will look into that as well.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 AM

Like the new site. You guys still adding products to the site? Don't see a HF barrel option for the full rifle kits.

thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

i noticed you guys got no ar pistol uppers if you get any in pm me !!!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 AM

(more?) 16" uppers with 1:8" twist rate would be awesome! I may be needing one this year.
John 3:16

Last edited by newglockster; 01-10-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Old 01-10-2012, 2:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

We will be adding new items to the website ASAP! Thanks for everyone's patience.
Old 01-17-2012, 1:48 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Would PSA be willing to do a group buy on ammo if there's enough interest?
Old 01-18-2012, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
The new website is live now, and we are working on getting new employees to help with CS. If you can PM me some general information on magazine rebuild kits I will look into that as well.
Kudos guys!