Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 08-24-2012, 7:43 PM

Default Rangemaster for off-duty qual?

Just transferred from a central California prison to San Diego...the rangemasters at a local range up north would sign our off-duty qualification cards after qualifying. I called most of the ranges here in San Diego to see if their staff could qualify me, not one of them could. I can qual at the prison but sometimes it's just a hassle waiting for a qual date. Is there any one out there that can qual me at a local range? I am willing to pay for your time and range fees. Any other options or ideas? Thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 PM

I would suggest you contact Armitage tactical. They have an off duty qualification course that they can put on. The owner of the company, Clint, is a really nice guy and if you contact him, he should be able to help you out. additoinally, the training company is based out of San Diego, so send him an email or give him a call. the website address is:
armitagetactical.com

good luck
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizunkop View Post
Just transferred from a central California prison to San Diego...the rangemasters at a local range up north would sign our off-duty qualification cards after qualifying. I called most of the ranges here in San Diego to see if their staff could qualify me, not one of them could. I can qual at the prison but sometimes it's just a hassle waiting for a qual date. Is there any one out there that can qual me at a local range? I am willing to pay for your time and range fees. Any other options or ideas? Thanks!
How did you transfered to RJD San Diego? CDCR is in the Standardize Staffing process going through WAVE2 layoffs?? From were in central California???

Your lucky bro San Diego is bootifull especially when your single!!
Old 08-25-2012, 1:12 AM

Thanks for the 411 ltmike! And kobra, I wish I transferred to rjd...I'm making that commute to el centro...just living in San Diego. Sure do miss SVSP!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 PM

...oh my bad bro from SVSP/CTF to the Centinela Sandbox I understand why u miss SVSP.
Keep your options open always checking CDCR updates on openings elsewhere...we got a lot of retirees around the corner.
Old 11-13-2012, 8:36 AM

Hey Kobra, I retired from CDCR, well actually from paroles on 11-2-09, from Riverside. looking for some GUN brothers in my area. looking to keep updated on training and weapons info. any suggestions?