Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:24 AM

So you guys are going to f-up another thread that could have some value... why don't you guys do your dick measuring on pm.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Great post, Thanks

10) You can joint register firearms to family members who can then inherit them in the future.

As I understand it ONLY if they live in the same household???

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 08-12-2017, 10:34 AM
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
So you guys are going to f-up another thread that could have some value... why don't you guys do your dick measuring on pm.
You do have a point and I will stay away from Disco's thread. I made my comments in the beginning and I no longer need to contribute to this thread.
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman

Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Old 08-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I don't get it, I am saying this is a guide to retaining your gun rights in a legal way, as opposed to non-compliance.
I honestly believe you do not get it.

One should not give guidance on legal matters while saying you are not giving legal advice.

Either you know what you are doing, or you do not.

I wonder if there is some medical website with a thread about "how to remove an appendix without killing the patient" where the poster warns that "this is not medical advice, I'm just sayin'."
Old 08-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

9) Registration is the ONLY OPTION for retaining certain types of semi auto magazine fed shotguns, AR and AK and HK, etc. pistols, etc. They cannot retain their semi-automatic function and be converted to featureless.

Can they avoid registration with BB v2.0 Conversion???

Old 08-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
I made my comments in the beginning and I no longer need to contribute to this thread.
Thank You

Old 08-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's not dick measuring, it's people pretending to be lawyers and politicians and attorneys general and etc.

Playing with woodworking tools does not a carpenter make. Same for plumbing, welding, surgery, everything else but legal matters it would seem.

These threads crash and burn just like a car driven by a 4 year old, and for the same reason: they think that know what they are doing, but they don't. They just veer off course and end up spinning their wheels until they run out of gas.

Last edited by God Bless America; 08-12-2017 at 10:49 AM..
Old 08-12-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
9) Registration is the ONLY OPTION for retaining certain types of semi auto magazine fed shotguns, AR and AK and HK, etc. pistols, etc. They cannot retain their semi-automatic function and be converted to featureless.

Can they avoid registration with BB v2.0 Conversion???
Fixed magazine. Whichever way you desire permanently attached OR with the device/configuration of your choosing that allows you to remove the magazine when the action is disassembled.
Old 08-12-2017, 2:15 PM

There is a more appropriate scene from last season where Cersei leaves Sir Gregor with the shame nun in her cell. I can only imagine that what happened in the cell is what is happening to the cali gun owners. So ****ing sad.
Old 08-12-2017, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless America View Post
It's not dick measuring, it's people pretending to be lawyers and politicians and attorneys general and etc.
No ones pretending to be anything.
The problem with the anti-registration crowd is they believe it's a one-size-fits-all solution. Everyone's situation is completely different and has to do what's best for that particular situation.
Don't want to register? Go start a thread on why YOU don't believe it's the best thing to do instead of trolling one that obviously took some time to put together.
Old 08-12-2017, 7:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupser View Post
No ones pretending to be anything.
The problem with the anti-registration crowd is they believe it's a one-size-fits-all solution. Everyone's situation is completely different and has to do what's best for that particular situation.
Don't want to register? Go start a thread on why YOU don't believe it's the best thing to do instead of trolling one that obviously took some time to put together.
Looked to me that this isn't a pro or anti registration thread, but a guide of things you can do with advantages and disadvantages listed. Why do you not want people to talk about the advantages and disadvantages the OP listed?
Old 08-12-2017, 7:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
Great post, Thanks

10) You can joint register firearms to family members who can then inherit them in the future.

As I understand it ONLY if they live in the same household???
Yes, that is correct. There are some people in other threads discussing rental agreements as some kind of way to prove co-residence, but I am not sure about the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 08-12-2017, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Playing with woodworking tools does not a carpenter make. Same for plumbing, welding, surgery, everything else but legal matters it would seem.

These threads crash and burn just like a car driven by a 4 year old, and for the same reason: they think that know what they are doing, but they don't. They just veer off course and end up spinning their wheels until they run out of gas.
Ok, how else to you propose we go about this? Listing pro and con arguments on each type of legal option is the only way I can think of getting the word out. There is the Michel Webinar, but how many people are going to watch it?

What about Cocked's how to register thread? I guess we are giving out some level of legal advise, but with a heavy disclaimer that we don't 100% know, and our intent is to get as many eyeballs in here and if you see something that is wrong or erroneous then say so, I will try and change it.

I realize your standards are very high, and I agree ideally a engineer type guy like myself with no legal experience or expertise shouldn't play at being a lawyer, but guess what- who else is doing this kind of thing? Where can we go to get the information as lawful gun owners in CA?

It's not perfect, but we are screwed in CA, and gun owners need help. Get someone in here with legal expertise to produce a similar thread and I will delete this and be happy. So far, out of all the Calguns legal people, all the CGF or FPC people, none have stepped up to provide the information. Only one I see educating is CRPA / NRA-IL and the Michel crew.
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 08-12-2017, 7:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ok, how else to you propose we go about this?
Don't post threads titled "GUIDE to legally _____" where you feel the need to advise that 'you are not giving legal advice.'

Start there.

Quote:
I guess we are giving out some level of legal advise....
Don't. You don't know what you are doing. You are not a lawyer.

Quote:
So far, out of all the Calguns legal people, all the CGF or FPC people, none have stepped up to provide the information. Only one I see educating is CRPA / NRA-IL and the Michel crew.
1) Maybe there is a reason why.

2) That doesn't mean you can or should. Because you don't know what you are doing.

Last edited by God Bless America; 08-12-2017 at 8:03 PM..
Old 08-12-2017, 8:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Don't post threads titled "GUIDE to legally _____" where you feel the need to advise that 'you are not giving legal advice.'

Start there.
Done!

The only legal advise given in the entire things is to pursue all legal options and not break the law, so...........

Everything else is stated as an opinion as to what the arguments for and against are for each legal option.
Quote:

Old 08-12-2017, 8:11 PM

Old 08-12-2017, 8:42 PM

Good grief! I can't believe the sniping going on in this thread. Discogodfather is just trying to help out with his guide, and I for one, am very thankful for it. Discogodfather, please keep up the good work!
Old 08-12-2017, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile Machine View Post
That line should just be struck. Price is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage. You could just as easily write it as an advantage because there is a $10 part that will do the job and say parenthetically that some are more expensive.

Some tend to be more expensive, some tend to be the same price, some tend to be cheaper. Best to just delete that line. How is it a disadvantage if the prices vary from more expensive, through the same price, to cheaper?

And please ask yourself why have you arbitrarily chosen the kydex wrap (which we have just established is a legal grey area) as the standard for the price? Why not choose the FRS-15 or HERA stock as the standard? Then all other options would tend to be much cheaper.

Continued reliance in several statements on the opinions of "some people" is problematic. Your "guide" should strive to remain as factual as possible. As written it is more of an opinion piece, and there seems to be a bias.
Besides registration costs you $15 and 3 hours of you time.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Hopefully the first page will still be worth something.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:33 PM

^^^ that's where my posts are.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather;

Disadvantages and legitimate anti- registration arguments:

3) You’re giving extra information to the government, which they could use against you in the future. Out of convenience, they could use the registry as a DB to initiate further infringements to owners 2A rights
You are also giving this information, which they more than likely have already, with a release of liability, and your permission to use for any governmental reason, which they did not have before, even though they may have had the very same info before.
Old 08-13-2017, 7:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You are also giving this information, which they more than likely have already, with a release of liability, and your permission to use for any governmental reason, which they did not have before, even though they may have had the very same info before.
Kind of like tying your own noose.

And you are giving the California AG, anti gun Becerra, permission to hand your information to anyone he wants.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 08-13-2017, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. There are some people in other threads discussing rental agreements as some kind of way to prove co-residence, but I am not sure about the details.
Because once the kids grow up and move out they can no longer be a co-owner of a RAW? The last remaining argument for registering is now moot to me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2017, 10:34 AM

As for converting to 22 lr for a AR, I have already done it, $ 228 for the CMMG unit and I don't consider that to be expensive at all. As for diminished ability
for self defense, I have several items that perfectly cover that angle. But, to each his method of dealing with these new BS laws.

Psalm 1
Old 08-13-2017, 11:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Build as many featureless 80%er's you can afford and keep your mouth shut?
Old 08-13-2017, 2:39 PM

I'm glad OP decided to get ahead of the curve and have the crown smile upon him. He really is helping everyone. I bet the Jews wish they had this much help when they were trying to find the best way to pin that little yellow star on their uniforms. Just getting over with it really does make things much less stressful, Amirite OP?

Serious question Discogodfather; Was "The Hustle" playing in the background while you registered?

Last edited by CAsubject; 08-13-2017 at 2:44 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Build as many featureless 80%er's you can afford and keep your mouth shut?
So build featureless/fixed mag/or another configuration as to not register. I think thats in the OP.
Old 08-13-2017, 6:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBilleb View Post
So build featureless/fixed mag/or another configuration as to not register. I think thats in the OP.
I find the idea of going featureless too costly, time-consuming, non-ergonomic, ugly, and otherwise unappealing. Fixed mag is better, but I dread double-feeds and other safety issues.

Likely that I'll go RAW and not have to spend any more time with this silly matter, have the rifle close to its original configuration.

But that's just me.

If the AWCA is held unconstitutional in whole or part, maybe I'll be able to change out the BB to a standard mag release. That is the most to hope for at this time, along with a return to LCM.

I'd de-register if there's a hint of confiscation. Should be plenty of time to convert to featureless before that might occur. The politicos in state government WANT US to go featureless. A lot less resources of the state involved in not registering and not have to deal with a confiscation or surrender of AW. But I'd go featureless or mag compliant as a last resort, only.

Last edited by shoutitoutshutitup; 08-13-2017 at 6:44 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 6:50 PM

Folks, time to take a Chill-Pill; there is no point in beating on the OP, from my view it is a worthy endeavor in that it provokes one to think about which road they will travel, and may in fact spur creative ideas to do something else entirely. For myself, with only a very short time to retirement, anything still here will be safely in America before any deadline. Closed escrow on our very own shooting paradise a few months back, and it was a joyous feeling as the truck crossed over the border. My only hope for Kali is relief in the courts, but who knows. In the meantime, keep considering options.
Old 08-13-2017, 6:58 PM
Calguns Addict

I've used grip fins.

Every single one was terrible.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 08-13-2017, 7:48 PM

Link to thread about cheap, reversible, DIY Fixed Magazine modification

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1366673
Old 08-13-2017, 9:34 PM
Not a mod or lawyer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just found this thread, great work on the writeup
Old 08-13-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutitoutshutitup View Post
I find the idea of going featureless too costly, time-consuming, non-ergonomic, ugly, and otherwise unappealing. Fixed mag is better, but I dread double-feeds and other safety issues.

Likely that I'll go RAW and not have to spend any more time with this silly matter, have the rifle close to its original configuration.

But that's just me.

If the AWCA is held unconstitutional in whole or part, maybe I'll be able to change out the BB to a standard mag release. That is the most to hope for at this time, along with a return to LCM.

I'd de-register if there's a hint of confiscation. Should be plenty of time to convert to featureless before that might occur. The politicos in state government WANT US to go featureless. A lot less resources of the state involved in not registering and not have to deal with a confiscation or surrender of AW. But I'd go featureless or mag compliant as a last resort, only.
I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
I've used grip fins.

Every single one was terrible.
I totally agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
.... great work on the writeup
I totally agree.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBilleb View Post
I totally agree.

I totally agree.

I totally agree.
You seem an 'agreeable' type of dude! lol

Now you will disagree or agree with that statement?

Cheers,
Old 08-15-2017, 2:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Link to thread about cheap, reversible, DIY Fixed Magazine modification

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1366673
Pretty cool, haven't seen a DIY to do it for less than a few dollars.
Quote:

Old 08-15-2017, 7:03 AM

A bit off topic, but what exactly needs to happen to 80 percent lowers of said lower if used on a 22lr rifle, or on a featureless rifle. These lowers will not be used to make an assault weapon.

I remember reading they can be marked per ATF guidelines by a certain date. If marked before that date, no registration was required. If you want to make one after a said date, you must request a SN from CA DOJ before completing machining.
Old 08-15-2017, 7:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17+1 View Post
A bit off topic, but what exactly needs to happen to 80 percent lowers of said lower if used on a 22lr rifle, or on a featureless rifle. These lowers will not be used to make an assault weapon.

I remember reading they can be marked per ATF guidelines by a certain date. If marked before that date, no registration was required. If you want to make one after a said date, you must request a SN from CA DOJ before completing machining.
Ab 857 Cooper calls out that by July 1st, 2018 you need to go about the same process of marking your lower as described by the BBAW regulations, which is asking the DOj for a serial they will assign.

Before July 1st 2018, you can do one of the exemptions called out in AB 857 which includes Volreg. If you do it that way, you can keep your serial number or mark your own serial number. Still an open question if this can be used to then AW reg, and we have a few guys that have tried and are waiting to hear if their applications were accepted.

So after July 1st 2018 the only way to get a home build serialized is through the DOJ process, before you can volreg and be exempt.

Some people still think you on't have to serialize pre 2016 or pre 2018 guns, which is untrue. All homebuilds not marked with a serial number described in the exemptions of AB 857 MUST BE MARKED. There is no grandfathering, except that of pre-1968 guns. That's it.
Quote:

Old 08-16-2017, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Kind of like tying your own noose.

And you are giving the California AG, anti gun Becerra, permission to hand your information to anyone he wants.
Except post 2014 it's already fully registered with all info , and from 2011 AB 809 DROS record shows that you have a semi-auto. Before that, CA claims they don't keep the info, but you did in fact fill it out on the DROS.

Do you believe they didn't keep the info or have any record of it? Ever do an AFS on yourself?
Quote:

Old 08-17-2017, 12:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Withdrawn comments.

Last edited by Danodog; 08-17-2017 at 12:44 AM..