Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 06-30-2017, 4:25 AM

Default Prado Pistol Carbine Match July 9th 2017 Registration Open

The Pistol Caliber Carbine match is finally here (OK, one week away) and registration is open. Click Here

We will have 6 bays and anticipate 6 stages. The 7th bay is not complete yet..
We have over 50 pieces of steel and will continue to get more as the budget allows.

The first 5 stages are here. The 6th will be a surprise.

The match will be paper and steel. Accuracy will be required. Distances possibly out to 40 yards and minimum 25 rounds per stage. This means the absolute minimum round count possible is 175 and it WILL be more.

Proposed shooting rules are here.

The Particulars:
1. Caliber; .22 Rimfire (short, long or long rifle), 9mm, .40, .45acp

2. Red Dot and No Optic will be in different divisions.

3. 10 rounds in the gun to start and all reloads will be 10 rounds only.

4. The carbine must have a shoulder stock.

5. No slings

6 You must have and use a chamber flag. We will have those available ($5 for plain and $10 for fancy) for any who do not have one.

7. The carbine is transported muzzle up at all times when it is in your hand. This is to minimize swinging the rifle in close quarters.

8. 3-gun, cowboy carts and stroller carts are fine with no gun case because the muzzle will be up or the cart faced into the berm to un-cart the rifle.

9. A wagon is fine but the gun must be in a rifle case when in the wagon. Here is a little video on taking your rifle from the wagon and then putting it away after you shoot.

10. No handguns on your belt.

All rifles will be magazine fed. You may carry as many magazines as you wish. You may use a dump pouch for extra capacity if you wish. You may use any style of magazine pouch or holder.

The .22 rifles can be AR style such as M&P15-22 or conventional rifle style like Ruger 10/22 or other maker of like rifles. A .22 conversion top on a multi-purpose lower is fine.

The 9mm, .40 or .45 rifles can be any variety of AR style carbine or other manufacturers concept for the caliber. Camp-9 and -45 or the Ruger PC4 or PC9 as examples of the variants.

We certainly encourage you to use legal rifles according to the in force definition. I am not a lawyer and cannot determine that for you. As a result I cannot enforce what I do not know so it is on you to be aware of the legal status of your rifles.

See this picture for the location of parking and where registration will be. There will be no parking inside the range fence for the competition participants. Participants with handicap license plates or hangers will park as usual in the range.

I recommend a wagon. The folding ones that fit in a trunk are around $50 at Sams Club or Costco. I use mine all the time and find it indispensable.

Here is a little video on taking your rifle from the wagon and then putting it away after you shoot.

The Prado range staff has warned me that anyone observed handling a gun at their car will be ejected from the range and told not to come back. Please do not do this.

Please remember that the online check-in at registration must be done by 8:30 so as to not lose your spot.

Online waitlist and walk-up waitlist will be worked through in the order that they signed up.

I look forward to seeing you all Sunday July 9th, 2017 at the range.

Lief

Last edited by Lief; 07-04-2017 at 7:54 AM..
Old 07-01-2017, 4:16 PM

The timely halt of the magazine size restriction law by a Federal judge this week has caused a change in possibility for the Pistol Caliber carbine match.

Those participants who wish to use magazines with greater than 10 rounds per magazine will be in the Open division regardless of rifle style. Any magazine capacity is acceptable.

The participants who will load only 10 rounds in each magazine (regardless of capacity) will use the divisions as currently outlined.

The link for registration is here.

I look forward to seeing you all Saturday at the range.

Lief
Old 07-03-2017, 2:51 PM

Looks like fun, count me in.

Jerry

Last edited by Jerrywho; 07-03-2017 at 3:27 PM..
Old 07-03-2017, 3:54 PM

Hopefully this will be a monthly match! I can't make it this weekend, but I'll go next month if it becomes a regular event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Luvr View Post
I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!
Old 07-03-2017, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Hopefully this will be a monthly match! I can't make it this weekend, but I'll go next month if it becomes a regular event.

Yes he is planning on holding one PCC match per month
Old 07-12-2017, 7:50 PM

Default After match

We had 24 shooters and ended up with 8 stages. This was a day of shooting with friends. The safety rules were observed and you had to do what the CoF said ('step into Box A') or get a procedural but the rest was just fun. As many mags as you want, reload when you want, dump mags if you want, movement and lots of cooperation by the squads with each other.

No IDPA rules, no USPSA rules, no 3-gun rules. We did use IDPA targets (because I have them) and IDPA scoring 0, 1, 3 or 5. No shoot-thrus, no failure to neutralize, no failure to engage, just your hits (or lack thereof).

Lots of steel and ranges out to 30 yds. Several commented that since we were shooting rifles why were things so close but the 6" floppers were deceptively hard to hit. In the future we will be out at 40yds and aiming will be required.

We had a lot of rimfire shooters, a .45, lots of 9mm on lots of platforms.

The named divisions are all 10 rounds to start and 10 in reloads only. We had an Open division for anyone who wanted to use larger mags. All shooters using greater than 10 rounds to start and reload are lumped together in Open. This includes rimfire and centerfire.

The minimum round count was around 200. Everyone who brought extra was glad.

The best overall time was shot with 10 round mags, 4th overall was a 10 round rimfire with iron sights.

Anyway, we had a great time and I plan to do one every month on the second Sunday.

Join my email list to get the earliest notification of open registration and posted scores. Click here look to the right under the pictures.

Lief
Old 07-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

Glad to see you doing this Leif and it sounds like it was a fun time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief View Post
We had a lot of rimfire shooters, a .45, lots of 9mm on lots of platforms.
No .357sig?

Scott
Old 07-13-2017, 12:22 PM

I was really looking forward to going to the next one, but at $42 it is far more expensive than all the other matches I shoot, in many cases more than double. Is there a club to join that saves cost?

Quote:
I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!
Old 07-13-2017, 1:46 PM

Quote:
I was really looking forward to going to the next one, but at $42 it is far more expensive than all the other matches I shoot, in many cases more than double. Is there a club to join that saves cost?

As far as I know most action pistol/3-gun matches around are about the same cost.
Old 07-13-2017, 3:31 PM

Quote:

I believe there is a modest discount if you are an IDPA member....
Old 07-13-2017, 5:08 PM

Actually this match is not IDPA so there is no discount. Prado bumped their match fee when we moved down to Condor and both USPSA matches there are in the same price range.

We do still give the discount at the IDPA matches (and the drawing and the bonus class).

The best price is to register online ($3 cheaper) as it is $45 for walkups.

We will do our best to give you your money's worth.
Old 07-13-2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks View Post
As far as I know most action pistol/3-gun matches around are about the same cost.

The West End Gun Club USPSA matches are $20. Palm Springs Gun Club USPSA matches are $20. California Wheel Burners steel matches at $30. Deadwood Boys action pistol matches were $30 but they are moving out of state I believe. SWPL Steel Challenge matches are $25.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2017, 5:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Well there be an August match ?
SA XDM OD green 9 mm
VP9 LE BNIB
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1358392

BRASS for sale 223/556, 9mm- http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=849402
Old 07-26-2017, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saym14 View Post
Well there be an August match ?
Yes, august 13th
Registration will probably open up for it 8/5 or 6
Old 07-31-2017, 4:45 AM

The August 13th match is now open.

https://practiscore.com/prado-pistol...-2017/register

I was told stages will be up to 38 rounds each, looks like a lot of good trigger time and last match was over by 12:30.

Jerry
Old 08-12-2017, 8:28 PM

Can you please provide the times for the match, like when registration opens, when the safety briefing begins, and when the match will start. I don't see this information anywhere.
Old 08-12-2017, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelligentGunner View Post
Can you please provide the times for the match, like when registration opens, when the safety briefing begins, and when the match will start. I don't see this information anywhere.
Registration opens around 7:30 and closes around 8:45 followed by safety/shooters meeting and start shooting at 9am. there are five stages with about 18 people signed up so far.