Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 12-07-2016, 8:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........
Unhappy ISI Shootists Ranges At Piru Closing!

I am stunned. I just email Mike Dalton last night about renewing my range membership and he returned with this announcement:

Hi Everyone,

We will be hosting our last three ISI Shootists matches this month. The Compact/Revolver this Saturday, ZEV Speedgun on the 17th where we will award the Custom Zev Glock pistol valued at over $2000, and the farewell IDPA match on December 24th where we will award three guns from Turner’s Outdoorsman and a Glock pistol from ISI. One gun you will not need to be present to win but the other three will be awarded to lucky folks in attendance.

This closure is sudden and is due to litigation that ended in the termination of our long term property lease last Friday. The required new lease has conditions that are unacceptable to us and with all things considered, it is time for retirement.

I was planning one retiring within a few years anyway as the work load and responsibilities have been tougher to bear as I have gotten older. This new development has just moved up my time table.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the remaining matches. I want to thank each and every one of you for all of your support of our program over the years.

The action shooting sports are alive and well and have a bright future, so keep on shooting.

Take care and God Bless,

Mike, Marilyn and Steve
Old 12-07-2016, 4:22 PM

So sad. My wife and I are really going to miss driving down there for the monthly West Coast Steel match and especially will miss the yearly big match. Mike and his team ran great matches that didn't necessarily cater to the elite shooter.

I don't generally shoot IDPA, but happen to be in the neighborhood for last month's match - 70 shooters is a darn good turnout and with the ad hoc squading I shot the entire match in 3 hours.
Old 12-08-2016, 5:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
So sad. My wife and I are really going to miss driving down there for the monthly West Coast Steel match and especially will miss the yearly big match. Mike and his team ran great matches that didn't necessarily cater to the elite shooter.

I don't generally shoot IDPA, but happen to be in the neighborhood for last month's match - 70 shooters is a darn good turnout and with the ad hoc squading I shot the entire match in 3 hours.

Agreed. ISI ran great matches designed for the everyday Joe.
Old 12-08-2016, 7:35 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yep, very sad. Mike's facility was my first exposure to IDPA. We referred a lot of our CA clients to his training events. We all had a fantastic time together. The instructors and ROs were top notch.

Check out our e-commerce site here:

www.ebrworks.com

Serving you from Prescott, AZ