Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 01-29-2018, 1:21 PM

Hello Gang,

On your Buckmark, did you see fit to remove the magazine disconnector?
Old 01-29-2018, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
Hello Gang,

I didn't on mine.
Helps prevent inadvertent dry firing which
isn't good for the pistol without a snap cap.
Old 01-29-2018, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Hello Gang,

First thing, followed by a good cleaning
Old 01-30-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1 View Post
First thing, followed by a good cleaning
Do the mags drop more easily after the removal of the mag disconnector? I have a new one and they donít fall out when the mag release is pressed.

Is a bushing required if it is removed?

I donít like mag disconnects.
Old 01-30-2018, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanadon View Post
Do the mags drop more easily after the removal of the mag disconnector? I have a new one and they donít fall out when the mag release is pressed.

I donít like mag disconnects.
No bushing, all there is a link that you remove. the magazine should eject because the pistol has a spring loaded plunger that pushes on the magazine
Old 02-10-2018, 8:21 AM

O, no...... bad experience......not with the gun as I still don't have it.

I already paid off the Buckmark from Budguns and was sent to my FFL via Fed Ex. Buds was fast shipping it out after the check cleared, but the problem came up with the delivery.

Two times Fed Ex attempted the delivery and failed. My original FFL was not at home to receive. Two months back, the FFL said he would take care of it when I inquired. Now I am in this predicament. This FFL was fast and efficient the first three times I've dealt with him. I called him and emailed about this problem now and there was no response.

This is a first time for me, have any of you been in this situation before??? Needless to say, I am apprehensive.

Last edited by DArBad; 02-10-2018 at 8:27 AM..
Old 02-11-2018, 2:32 AM

Quote:
O, no...... bad experience......not with the gun as I still don't have it.

I already paid off the Buckmark from Budguns and was sent to my FFL via Fed Ex. Buds was fast shipping it out after the check cleared, but the problem came up with the delivery.

Two times Fed Ex attempted the delivery and failed. My original FFL was not at home to receive. Two months back, the FFL said he would take care of it when I inquired. Now I am in this predicament. This FFL was fast and efficient the first three times I've dealt with him. I called him and emailed about this problem now and there was no response.

This is a first time for me, have any of you been in this situation before??? Needless to say, I am apprehensive.
It's sad to hear that, I DID the online purchase via FFL in Covina and Stanton, they charge only $25 for FFL fee. The transactions run smooth as ‘gun oil’ (I mean butter)

Last edited by newbie1234; 02-11-2018 at 2:24 PM..
Old 02-14-2018, 11:46 AM

Just an update: Problem solved, it was successfully delivered(3rd one is the charm) and I've started my 10 days waiting period. Now, to keep me occupied and not lose my sanity from all these waiting!

Looking at my next potential purchase. A semi-auto shotgun, or a Smith 629, or a Chrome book, or upgrade my receiver.
Old 02-15-2018, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Do the mags drop more easily after the removal of the mag disconnector?
Mag. drop the same with/without mag. dis. removed.

Quote:
I have a new one and they donít fall out when the mag release is pressed.
hmm, don't know about this, I have two Buckmark and did not have this problem. Just a longshot, make sure the spring plate on the mag. release button assemble OK.

Quote:
Nup.
Old 02-24-2018, 3:51 PM

Hey gang,

Just came in possession of the Buckmark Standard Urx today. It was a long painful wait to have it but finally its here.

From my cursory inspection, the gun is well crafted, everything is as it should be. I will have to give it a thorough cleaning, I will have to buy a tiny brush to fit. See, most of my firearms are .45 acp and a 12 gauge shotgun. I have to get used to the " tiny " bore.

I initially bought this with the intention that after a few months, I will replace/upgrade the barrel. Now, I have a change of mind. I will keep it as is and enjoy it as is. I like the weight, it is not one of those paperweight 22lr, it feels like what a gun should feel. Feels almost like one of my 1911s when holding the piece. The urx grip feels good in the hand.

Last edited by DArBad; 02-24-2018 at 4:41 PM..
Old 02-25-2018, 3:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Enjoy.

I have an 80's version that's very similar. It's amazingly accurate, hence no need for aftermarket barrels. With open sights I can shoot it as good as my S&W 41.

#Blackolivesmatter
Old 02-26-2018, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerDog View Post
Enjoy.

I have an 80's version that's very similar. It's amazingly accurate, hence no need for aftermarket barrels. With open sights I can shoot it as good as my S&W 41.
Thanks JD.

I finally had the time to take it apart for further inspection and cleaning. I took off the " bridge ", and the grips. Took apart the slide, recoil spring and rod, firing pin and firing pin spring.

I also removed the magazine disconnector rod. There were lots of thick white-brown grease everywhere especially on the rails and underside of the " bridge ". There were several metal shavings inside the barrel, otherwise everything is as they should be.

I flushed the barrel and the whole piece with copious amounts of Eds Red and brushed away the thick factory grease. Drip dried the gun and re-lubricated everything with a thinner viscosity oil.

Reassembling everything was straight forward......except for the grips. Boy, did I had a hard time realigning the frame divots with the grips! I am thinking of replacing the grips with something different in the future.

After all these ministrations, the slide glides much easier and smoother unlike when it first came out of the box. The slide was sticky and dragging back then.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:50 PM

Just an update on my cleaning spree:

I had time to burn last Friday night, so I took out the Buckmark again and my project was.....to take off the barrel.

The barrel mounting screw was tight from the factory, resisting any modicum of effort, seems the factory used locktite. There was also a smidgen of that thick gold brown grease with the funky smell, similar to the factory grease you find on brand new Glocks.

I flooded the area under the barrel/barrel mounting screw with copious amounts of penetrating oil and heated it using the heat gun, set initially to " high heat " then tapered down to " low heat". When the factory grease started melting, that's when I started loosening the barrel mounting screw (using a 7/64 inch hex key). It was resisting to turn at first......then quite suddenly.....the " give ".

Its so satisfying to be able to take off the barrel screw and barrel. It gives a much easier access to the barrel chamber for further and more thorough cleaning.

I just thought this is good to share out especially to Buckmark owners who are hesitant to take off their barrel for cleaning. Just be methodical and don't force things, and you'll succeed in taking off that barrel without damage. Now in my case, should I decide I want to change the barrel for any reason, that conical shaped barrel mounting screw will be more cooperative.

That's it, gang.

Last edited by DArBad; 03-03-2018 at 3:00 PM..
Old 03-03-2018, 6:55 PM

I guess theyíre all different, mine came off with minimal effort, tho after reading plenty of posts on the subject I was ready with an impact wrench and considering buying a soldering iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2018, 10:37 PM

Get a boresnake. It'll be the best $15 you ever spent on that Buckmark.