Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2017, 11:01 AM

Default Sweeney's Napa

Any one else have problems with Sweeney's? I've lived in Napa for 7 years, probably been here 10+ times, but going to the gun shop portion of the store is more miss than hit. They just don't seem to give two ****s about anyone, super hard to even get someone to talk to you at times. Just wondering if this is just me?
Old 02-23-2017, 11:26 AM

I've bought a few guns there in the last year. Seems like there have been times with people in there just to BS, and they seem to ignore you. Or the person they're BS'ing with is sitting at the counter and blocking what there is to look at. That said though, when I have been in there, ready to buy, they've been friendly and helpful. If they're just chit-chatting, I try to politley interrupt and ask my question. I usually drive by there several times a day, so I'll wait to stop in when there aren't many cars parked out front.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:54 AM

Pete, I think we are both members on another forum as well lol.

Unfortunately I had to take my business to American Canyon when I bought my 1911 because I went in twice and both times they were disinterested in me. I have bought a Remington 870 from them last year, but from now on it will probably mostly be the basic stuff.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombb25 View Post
Pete, I think we are both members on another forum as well lol.
Yup, though as my interest in this hobby increases, it's been decreasing in the other.

Quote:
Unfortunately I had to take my business to American Canyon when I bought my 1911 because I went in twice and both times they were disinterested in me. I have bought a Remington 870 from them last year, but from now on it will probably mostly be the basic stuff.
I haven't been to that place yet, but been meaning to check it out. I've been itching to buy something new, so I might have to head down there sooner then later.
Old 05-12-2017, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombb25 View Post
Any one else have problems with Sweeney's? I've lived in Napa for 7 years, probably been here 10+ times, but going to the gun shop portion of the store is more miss than hit. They just don't seem to give two ****s about anyone, super hard to even get someone to talk to you at times. Just wondering if this is just me?
Nope - not just you. They are my absolute last resort for anything.
Old 05-31-2017, 1:45 PM

I've had similar poor experiences.

I usually head down to Hwy29 Outdoor or Triple A's.