Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2018, 1:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
I always find it funny. The ONLY time a conservative will say work and self sufficiency are bad things is when it comes to salvation.

Free pass for medical care? no..... Get a job and pay for heath insurance like a good American.
Free pass for housing? Absolutely not, I ain't paying for your lazy butt to sit around.....
Free pass for food? Why should I pay for you to eat. Get a job and buy your own food........
Free pass for school? Lol. Oh wait you are serious? Let me laugh harder at your crazy a**
Free pass for heaven? Well duh.... of course that's free. do you seriously expect us to work for That? Wtf is wrong with you.
I guess James was a retard and shouldn't have had his writings in the bible?

Quote:
Faith and Works

14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

18 But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. 20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,” and he was called the friend of God. 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
Its not that works has nothing to do with our salvation, its that you could never work enough or do enough good to "earn" salvation.

But if you claim the name of Christ and have no Fruits or Works that show the Spirit working through you, James is questioning that here.

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-10-2018, 1:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Well,...thanks for your reply and input.
So, you've read and understand about Karma but reject it. OK

You seem to suggest that I do not believe in...what, Christianity?
You'd be wrong there if you do.
FWIW, I consider myself a Christian.
Some judgemental types here would disagree with that though.
That's their problem.

There are references to Karma (Law of Cause and Effect) sprinkled in the Bible. Such as:
You reap what you sow...
Live by the sword, die by the sword...
...and others.
By calling others "judgemental types" Aren't you therefor being one of them?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

Last edited by colossians323; 11-10-2018 at 1:43 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 9:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
By calling others "judgemental types" Aren't you therefor being one of them?
So, I am judging the judgemental types here?.....yeah I guess you could look at it that way.
You've been around this forum for a while so I think you know what I mean there.
Lots of "opinions" here.......Catholics are not Christian.....you are going to hell if you do not believe what I believe.....stuff like that.
Old 11-11-2018, 1:44 PM

No one said others were going to Hell if they don't believe what I believe. they said you are going to Hell if you don't believe in Christ. and that is because that's what Christ said.