Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 03-14-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major burnout View Post
Ooooooh! The P word. Profit! What antifa gang do you belong to?

Folks who think they have the right to define another humans personal use have no integrity. Their words have no meaning to anyone but themselves so they often look for work in a field where they are granted power instead of earning it. Humans who want to control other humans are the bottom of the barrel.

Please let the CMP know how you feel before you order from them.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
So you have no issue with signing an agreement that you have no intent to keep so you can make a few bucks? So what is the price of your integrity? What other types contracts are you willing to fraudulently sign and violate? How much are you willing to lie in order to obtain that personal property? That is what I am talking about, people who lie in order to purchase from the CMP? I assume from your post that you don't have an issue with people lying to get what they want so they can make a few bucks.
Again, what is your definition of “personal use”? 100 rounds? Until the fire arm breaks? 100000 rounds?

My agreement of personal use includes “selling my personal property when I deem fit”
Old 03-14-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:

On a side note, the attitude that has turned Calguns marketplace into Craigslist light is certainly showing itself in this thread. So many members here who's word means nothing to them.

In all honesty, i don’t give two pieces of poop for what some random on the internet thinks of “my word” when I decide to sell my personal property for more than what I paid for it. For you to question my integrity on what we decide to do
To our personal property is asinine. You must be a thrill to do business with, and a car salesman’s dream.
Old 03-14-2019, 1:06 PM

It’s all kind of moot: So, the CMP doesn't want people buying with the intention of reselling. If they aren't going to police it, then it’s going to happen. Should people? Probably not. But flipping in the firearms market is nothing new. Look at all the "Off Roster" stuff we have going.

Ultimately more 1911's on the market is going to affect market pricing in a positive way for the buyer, and anyone purchasing a flipped gun is still only going to pay what they would pay regardless.

I don't judge anyone in the thread’s integrity. I don't know you and probably wouldn't even if I did, but another individuals integrity or lack thereof is not a personal affront to me.

Flame on gentleman.
Old 03-14-2019, 2:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
Again, what is your definition of “personal use”? 100 rounds? Until the fire arm breaks? 100000 rounds?

My agreement of personal use includes “selling my personal property when I deem fit”
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 03-14-2019 at 3:50 PM.. Reason: TYPO
Old 03-14-2019, 2:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
In all honesty, i don’t give two pieces of poop for what some random on the internet thinks of “my word” when I decide to sell my personal property for more than what I paid for it. For you to question my integrity on what we decide to do
To our personal property is asinine. You must be a thrill to do business with, and a car salesman’s dream.
Obviously you do care because you are here defending your lack of it up to the point of deflecting and misrepresenting what the discussion is about. But as others have pointed out, I shouldn't be surprised, if one is defending dishonesty and a lack of integrity, they are also likely to display it

But I get it. You are willing to lie and violate a written agreement to obtain property so you can then sell for a profit. That is you, that is not me. So be it.

Quote:
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 03-14-2019 at 2:17 PM..
Old 03-14-2019, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
You’d be real popular on Wall Street
First of all, publicly traded stocks are just that - traded. So it's apples and oranges.

Second, I generally have a low opinion of wall street types.

Third, like I said, character flaw.
Old 03-14-2019, 2:40 PM

Quote:

You are very attached to your peculiar notion of the validity of your word.

Trickster is right, as much as it pains me to say so.
Old 03-14-2019, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDrifter View Post
I have a general question. What do y'all think the pending number of CMP "flipped" 1911's on the market will do to the value of original non-CMP 1911's? I have an original Remington Rand and, while I have no intention of selling it, I have wondered about the CMP's on the market deminishing the value. Curious to see if people start getting their asking prices or not. I think that may determine effect. Thoughts?

SSTG,

SD

It will drop the values obviously. More supply = lower price. By how much is anyone's guess. There are about 8,000 CMP 1911s being released this year into the supply. What was the existing population of USGI 1911A1s? Will 8,000 be enough to matter on overall value? Maybe. Supposedly there are another 10 or 20,000 after this initial batch of 8,000 waiting to be transferred to the CMP from the US Army right?
If you are not familiar with the below sites, I encourage you to check them out and use them for cash back and great deals on ammo from Cabela's and such. Check the deals forum here on calguns and you will see a lot of us using these now. If you are kind enough to sign up through my below referral links, we both get instant bonus rewards. Thanks!

http://activejunky.com/invite/186564
http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=32948177
Old 03-15-2019, 3:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So you have no issue with signing an agreement that you have no intent to keep so you can make a few bucks? So what is the price of your integrity? What other types contracts are you willing to fraudulently sign and violate? How much are you willing to lie in order to obtain that personal property? That is what I am talking about, people who lie in order to purchase from the CMP? I assume from your post that you don't have an issue with people lying to get what they want so they can make a few bucks.
What agreement did the seller break? The sellers 'personal use' might be letting someone else have an opportunity to own a CMP 1911A1. The same personal use as the director of CMP.
Maybe the personal use in this case was owning a Colt and he got a Remington. The CMP took his money and gave him something he couldn't use personally so he let someone else use it personally. Keep ASSuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-15-2019, 3:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Trick ducked that question twice now.

Quote:
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-15-2019, 3:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Hudson View Post
Please let the CMP know how you feel before you order from them.

CMP is well aware people have been reselling Garands, ammo, Carbines, Eddystones, .22 rifles for years and have done nothing to stop it. They really don't care.

Quote:
Old 03-15-2019, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Trick ducked that question twice now.
He’s afraid. Plain and simple.
Old 03-15-2019, 9:50 AM

Here’s my personal definition of “personal use”

You can use your property however you deem fit. Whether it is shooting monthly, putting in a shadow box with plaque, keeping it in my safe, or selling it to someone else for the premium that the product carries.

Unless the CMP agreement also carries a definition of selling for profit, such as the C&R license is understood to have, “personal use” includes selling it.

Trickster, forget the CMP, what is your personal definitions of “personal use”?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:59 AM

Cmp is in the business of selling guns and making money to support shooting sports. All guns sold by the cmp will be resold sooner or later. Should people be profiting off the cmp no. Is it wrong no. If anything it makes guns available to people who don’t want to hassle with the cmp. Every gun that get into civilian hands instead of getting destroyed is a good thing.
Old 03-15-2019, 1:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Good for you, we know that people with no integrity have a tendency to twist definitions. After all, it depends on what the meaning of the word of 'is', is.

Personal use property is a type of property that an individual does not use for business purposes or as an investment. Now it may become such later, but that would not be the sole reason for the purchase as is what I am talking about when people lie on the CMP order form in order to obtain property with the intent to immediately resell it.

This is what the CMP thinks.
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

Now, I am sure that you or Major will try to twist this, as it seems to be your nature, but I will not be responding as your responses are getting quite ridiculous.

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 03-15-2019 at 2:27 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 1:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
CMP is well aware people have been reselling Garands, ammo, Carbines, Eddystones, .22 rifles for years and have done nothing to stop it. They really don't care.
Actually they have banned people from further purchases in the past. It isn't common because it is hard to prove, but it has happened when people have been caught flagrantly violating the purchase agreement. They basically operate on the honor system and appeal to people's integrity, but there is not much they can do about people that have none.

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 03-15-2019, 2:00 PM
Veteran Member

Way too much angst and butthurt surrounding these pistols. Glad I stayed out of it. Its like the CMP M1 carbine fiasco X 1,000.
Disclosure/Disclaimer: I do not coddle millennials or OFWGs. The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 03-15-2019, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Good for you, we know that people with no integrity have a tendency to twist definitions. After all, it depends on what the meaning of the word of 'is', is.

Personal use property is a type of property that an individual does not use for business purposes or as an investment. Now it may become such later, but that would not be the sole reason for the purchase as is what I am talking about when people lie on the CMP order form in order to obtain property with the intent to immediately resell it.

This is what the CMP thinks.
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

Now, I am sure that you or Major will try to twist this, as it seems to be your nature, but I will not be responding as your responses are getting quite ridiculous.
I’m not twisting anything.

Are you saying my definition is incorrect and yours is the only correct one?

What would you do had you received a pistol that was not up to your standard?
Old 03-15-2019, 4:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Trickster is morally and ethically correct. CMP obviously believes the same.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 03-15-2019, 7:13 PM

Quote:
What would you do had you received a pistol that was not up to your standard?

Don't they let you send it back?
Old 03-15-2019, 7:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Actually they have banned people from further purchases in the past. It isn't common because it is hard to prove, but it has happened when people have been caught flagrantly violating the purchase agreement. They basically operate on the honor system and appeal to people's integrity, but there is not much they can do about people that have none.
It's hard for you to prove what your definition of personal use is.

CMP knows every serial number rifle/pistol they sent out and who bought it. They would have no problem looking at Garands on gunbroker and cutting off the seller, they don't do that. Truth is, the people reselling Garands are their best customers. Their lack of action speaks.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2019, 6:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default WOW!

The Butt-Hurt is strong in this thread!

I'm glad I decided not to get involved in this CMP sale.

It was a lot simpler (and less drama) when I bought my service grade M1 and M1903 from them.
Colt 1911 Snob. LOL!
C&R Milsurplus Bolt Action Rifle and Bayonet nut!
Old 03-16-2019, 8:41 AM
Veteran Member

It would be easy for the CMP to stop this practice: just double the selling price.
They would probably still sell all the guns but profit margin for reselling would disappear.
The current price is already too rich for my gun-buying budget.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:32 AM

Reselling for profit or flipping, whatever you wanna call it has been happening forever and will continue to happen with literally every single item, event, or reservation that you can think of.

It's supply and demand, nothing is going to change. I don't even understand why people complain about it because it should surprise no one that people flip stuff. If you've ever tried to buy popular event tickets on ticketmaster, you know how that goes.

Whatever the case may be, at least these are making it out to the public and not being destroyed! Can't we at least agree on that.
Old 03-17-2019, 7:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
Trickster is morally and ethically correct. CMP obviously believes the same.
Attempting to fix prices and cornering the market is morally and ethically wrong.

Quote:
Old 03-17-2019, 9:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Attempting to fix prices and cornering the market is morally and ethically wrong.
They have no corner on the market. You can buy a GI Garand or 1911 virtually anywhere you want. If you don't like the CMP's policies, don't buy from them. You have thousands of other options available to you.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 03-17-2019, 4:24 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruecheese View Post
Why does the CMP even exist. I always see their tagged guns at gun stores for a hefty premium. What a F'ing joke. Of course, good luck joining a gun club in most areas of CA if you aren't retired.
Meeting the CMP qualifications and ordering a firearm from them is a pretty easy process. However, it is even easier to just mash on a keyboard and rant about what a joke you perceive it to be.
Old 03-17-2019, 4:36 PM
My brother loves AOC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruecheese View Post
Why does the CMP even exist. I always see their tagged guns at gun stores for a hefty premium. What a F'ing joke. Of course, good luck joining a gun club in most areas of CA if you aren't retired.
I don't remember the whole thing. Its civilian marksmanship program, they offer training programs and keep historical heritage going.

CMP also one of the suppliers that bring back military surplus from across the world from loaning programs our government has done. Like the Philippines m1 garands, those had he be on a shipment without other cargo which cost over a million dollars. Then they restore those guns after they been treated for asbestos.

CMP you see at gun shops are not part of the CMP program. Those would be papered guns that was bought from a member and sold.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
If you're not voting why are you even opining?
Brown has a track record of not bowing to Dem pressure on guns.
-Gene
Old 03-17-2019, 8:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
They have no corner on the market. You can buy a GI Garand or 1911 virtually anywhere you want. If you don't like the CMP's policies, don't buy from them. You have thousands of other options available to you.
Where do you suppose the overwhelming majority of Garands, Carbines, 1903's you see "virtually anywhere" came from? They were bought from DCM or CMP and resold.

There are not a ton of Military 1911's on the market. You sure can't find them "virtually anywhere".

Quote:
Old 03-17-2019, 9:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Where do you suppose the overwhelming majority of Garands, Carbines, 1903's you see "virtually anywhere" came from? They were bought from DCM or CMP and resold.

There are not a ton of Military 1911's on the market. You sure can't find them "virtually anywhere".
Yes, you can find military 1911's and GI Garands virtually anywhere.

Old 03-18-2019, 6:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yes, you can find military 1911's and GI Garands virtually anywhere.
They have no corner because of the 'flippers'.

Do you agree that attempting to corner a market and price fixing is immoral?

Come on dude. Be real. Did you dodge my question because you knew the answer would disprove your previous statement? I'll ask again. What percentage of Garands on the market are from the CMP and listed for resale?

Military 1911s are not available at 95% of gun shops. You know that. Why lie? Do a gun broker search and tell me how many military 1911's you find.

Quote:

Last edited by major burnout; 03-18-2019 at 6:52 AM..
Old 03-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Come on dude. Be real. Did you dodge my question because you knew the answer would disprove your previous statement? I'll ask again. What percentage of Garands on the market are from the CMP and listed for resale?

Military 1911s are not available at 95% of gun shops. You know that. Why lie? Do a gun broker search and tell me how many military 1911's you find.
At any one time, you can find both GI Garands and 1911's available. You may have to wait to get exactly what you want, like any other desirable gun, but even then you might not get what you want. Even if you want to buy from CMP, you may have to wait to get exactly what you want. Even then you might not get what you want. They have no corner on the market.

Last edited by k1dude; 03-18-2019 at 11:59 AM..
Old 03-18-2019, 8:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
At any one time, you can find both GI Garands and 1911's available. You may have to wait to get exactly what you want, like any other desirable gun, but even then you might not get what you want. Even if you want to buy from CMP, you may have to wait to get exactly what you want. Even then you might not get what you want. They have no corner on the market.
So you are saying you buy military 1911's and Garands virtually anywhere but not anytime you want. Got it.

What would happen to the supply if suddenly no one could transfer Garands than were at anytime sold by CMP or DCM program? And the price? Would CMP make more money it that happened?

Manipulating the market.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2019, 9:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

What would, what if, anything to distract from reality and the lack of honesty and integrity being promoted by a few here. Hey, LOOK SQUIRREL!

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 03-18-2019 at 9:39 PM..
Old 03-18-2019, 10:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

12 on the first page. Back in the 60's surplus 1911s were sold to the public, I know I have one, it was $65.00 came with mag pouch, holster, 2 mags and belt.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:43 PM

This sort of reminds me of Asian parents trying to dictate beyond the grave what their children should do with their inheritance. I'm sympathetic to this. You want to keep the wealth in the family and not have it end up with nonrelatives or lost in a bad investment.

Just like I understand how CMP wants the guns to go to bona fide collectors and not profiteers who meant to resell the guns before they even saw them.
Old 03-19-2019, 8:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

A man of his word.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2019, 8:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K View Post
This sort of reminds me of Asian parents trying to dictate beyond the grave what their children should do with their inheritance. I'm sympathetic to this. You want to keep the wealth in the family and not have it end up with nonrelatives or lost in a bad investment.

Just like I understand how CMP wants the guns to go to bona fide collectors and not profiteers who meant to resell the guns before they even saw them.
I'm sympathetic to Asian parents too. And White parents and Black parents and Latino parents. And non white Hispanic parents. And Pacific islander parents as well.

Are you saying the people who buy CMP Garands 2nd hand are not bonafide collectors? Seems like you didn't think this through to well.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2019, 8:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetsjones View Post
12 on the first page. Back in the 60's surplus 1911s were sold to the public, I know I have one, it was $65.00 came with mag pouch, holster, 2 mags and belt.
That's nice teets. Since you know the joy of owning a military 1911 I bet you want an open market so others can experience the same. That's integrity!

Quote: