Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-09-2020, 9:51 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
Where do you see a barrel shroud on an M2HB? The receiver has a short barrel support that I guess could resemble a barrel shroud, but I can guarantee that you are not touching the support after firing the weapon without getting burned. That's why M2HBs have that convenient carry handle.
Yeah same for 1919. The barrel jacket is there to cool the barrel enough so that the rifling can last, but I guarantee you aren't grabbing it with your bare hands. It was never designed for hands. The barrels have handles for that.

And in any event, many guns could be held by the hot barrel and fired with a heavy duty oven mitt - no shroud required, except for big guns like these. This is another stupid CA law based on movie fantasy.

I think we may need some legal opinions on this 'shroud' concept now, for these big fixed emplacement guns.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-09-2020 at 10:53 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 10:51 PM

1919a4 has a barrel support with ventilation holes.
M2HB has a barrel support with ventilation holes

New law says.............
Quote:
A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
If you have ever fired a 1919a4, that barrel support is capable of burning the bearer's hand, after a few rounds. So it does not meet the new law definition of a shroud.

If you have ever fired a M2HB, that barrel support is capable of burning the bearer's hand, after a few rounds. So it does not meet the new law definition of a shroud.

NRA Life Member since 1978
CRPA Life Member since 1978

Last edited by Tankhatch; 08-09-2020 at 10:56 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
So is my 1919A4 still going to be a not-AW, because it does not have one of the typical evil features and it is over 30" OAL?
Unfortunately, the pistol features seem to apply as well as rifle features for the "other" category.

30515. (a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(9) A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that does not have a fixed magazine, but that has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(G) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(H) A second handgrip.
(I) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(J) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

I and J both seem to apply to our 1919a4's.

Although, I looked at my DROS paperwork, and it is listed as "rifle" so I wonder if they are going to say that it should have been registered as part of the previous rifle AW registration.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankhatch View Post
1919a4 has a barrel support with ventilation holes.
M2HB has a barrel support

New law says.............
A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.

If you have ever fired a 1919a4, that barrel support is capable of burning the bearer's hand, after a few rounds. So it does not meet the new laws definition of a shroud.

If you have ever fired a M2HB, that barrel support is capable of burning the bearer's hand, after a few rounds. So it does not meet the new law definition of a shroud.
I agree. We have a little more than a year to get some more opinions I suppose, before AW reg window closes. Hopefully some of the gun lawyers can help us, because the AG sure wont.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:58 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayorique View Post
Unfortunately, the pistol features seem to apply as well as rifle features for the "other" category.

30515. (a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(9) A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that does not have a fixed magazine, but that has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(G) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(H) A second handgrip.
(I) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(J) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

I and J both seem to apply to our 1919a4's.

Although, I looked at my DROS paperwork, and it is listed as "rifle" so I wonder if they are going to say that it should have been registered as part of the previous rifle AW registration.
Well the 1919 has no pistol grip. There is no way in this world that anyone could hold and fire that firearm by the 'pistol grip'. It has a grip for the trigger. And it could be switched out for a spade grip.

And the only reason your DROS says 'rifle' is because there was no choice for 'other'. That doesn't make it a rifle though.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-09-2020 at 11:00 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 11:10 PM

Can-O-Worms

New law defines a shroud
Quote:
What is the difference, between a shroud and a hand guard ?

Last edited by Tankhatch; 08-09-2020 at 11:31 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Well the 1919 has no pistol grip. There is no way in this world that anyone could hold and fire that firearm by the 'pistol grip'. It has a grip for the trigger. And it could be switched out for a spade grip.
Never seen a 1919 with a stock and PG? Not arguing with you, just showing what ideas theyre running with. Although said grip is not "below the action" logically, im sure they still count it as a feature.

Last edited by SunsetIE; 08-09-2020 at 11:17 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah same for 1919. The barrel jacket is there to cool the barrel enough so that the rifling can last, but I guarantee you aren't grabbing it with your bare hands. It was never designed for hands. The barrels have handles for that.

And in any event, many guns could be held by the hot barrel and fired with a heavy duty oven mitt - no shroud required, except for big guns like these. This is another stupid CA law based on movie fantasy.

I think we may need some legal opinions on this 'shroud' concept now, for these big fixed emplacement guns.
Thankfully, nobody selling M2HB parts refers to the barrel support as a shroud. It is only there to support the barrel and is a small fraction of the overall barrel length.

Unfortunately, over the years a lot of knuckleheads have referred to the 1919 barrel jacket as a shroud, although one could easily take the DOJ definition regarding being able to use the "shroud" as an additional point to grip the firearm. As you noted, the barrel jacket is not something you would want to hold when firing the weapon. I have seen it done and you could smell the results.

Besides, a 1919a4 barrel jacket is not "the shoulder thing that goes up."

Depending on how this shakes out, a group buy for some basic legal advice might be a good idea. I've already blown $5 on that Title1 lawsuit, so what's another five or ten bucks.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Can-O-Worms

New law defines a shroud

Quote:
What is the difference, between a shroud and a rifle having a hand guard ?
There is actually a fair amount of information on the subject. A shroud is only a feature for handgun AW classification and allows one to use two hands to fire the handgun. There is no shroud feature on rifles. From a purely technical standpoint, there is no physical difference between a barrel shroud on an AR pistol, versus the same exact hand guard on an AR rifle. This is strictly a legalese distinction since rifles really do require a forward grip point unless you have an evil pistol grip that you can use to spray from the hip.

Based on the definition that you provided, which I had not read yet, the barrel jacket on a 1919a4 or a6 would not be considered a shroud since it is designed as a heat sink and you will burn your hand if you grip the jacket.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:48 PM

Game show Jeopardy statement,,,,,,,,,,

""It is not a rifle, it is not pistol, it is not a shot gun, it is not a assault weapon but it has
Quote:
a slide that encloses the barrel"".
Answer in the form of a question, please.

What is ?????????

Last edited by Tankhatch; 08-10-2020 at 12:11 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 6:26 AM

Don’t they also have threaded barrels?
Old 08-10-2020, 6:34 AM
Veteran Member

For all you belt fed guys, just get a stock of some nature on it and make sure it has no AW features.

(9)*A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that does not have a fixed magazine, but that has any one of the following:

(A)*A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B)*A thumbhole stock.

(C)*A folding or telescoping stock.

(D)*A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E)*A flash suppressor.

(F)*A forward pistol grip.

(G)*A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

(H)*A second handgrip.

(I)*A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.

(J)*The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
A lot of time and energy goes into thinking up ways to make perfectly good rifles into something dumb. Single shot ARs are gay. AR pistols are also gay. Just my opinion, of course, but a single shot AR pistol would be an AIDS cannon.
Old 08-10-2020, 8:55 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetIE View Post
Never seen a 1919 with a stock and PG?
A distinguishing feature of a pistol grip is that the firearm could be picked up with one hand and wielded by said grip - such as a pistol. That does not apply to a 1919. Just because the trigger has a grip shaped like a pistol grip, does not make it a pistol grip. IMO.

That was the point of my comment. No one is picking up a 1919 by the trigger grip and holding it like a pistol.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-10-2020 at 9:08 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
1919a4 No threads on end of barrel
M2HB No threads on end of barrel

M2HBa1 (aka M2a1) Quick change barrel model. Has threads at end of barrel (unknown if M2HB barrels can interchange with M2HBa1 barrels)

1919a6 Has a buttstock and a FH built into barrel support, at end of barrel jacket
Most folks stay away from having the 1919a6, configuration.

LOL if made to register a 1919a4,,, after registration as a AW, converting to 1919a6 would be ok.
LOL if made to register a 1919a4,,, after registration as a AW, converting to WW2 "Stinger" would be ok.

In WW2, a field mod by the USMC, took a Garand stock and mated it to a 1919a4 calling it a "stimger" because the 1919a6 were only available near the end of WW2
A cable TV show, recreated a "stinger"

Last edited by Tankhatch; 08-10-2020 at 9:26 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 9:06 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhondaz50 View Post
For all you belt fed guys, just get a stock of some nature on it and make sure it has no AW features.

(9)*A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that
Unfortunately we still have the 'shroud' issue to deal with even with a buttstock. And the AR handguard is the very definition of a shroud, literally designed to keep the operator from burning their hand - so how has it gotten a pass? Maybe that opinion will help inform us belt fed guys....

PS you posted the wrong list of features for a rifle.

Old 08-10-2020, 9:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
As of right now threaded barrels are not an evil feature (except on pistols). Just the things you can screw on to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 08-10-2020, 9:11 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Also note from the Field Manual for the 1919:

Quote:
HOT GUN.—
a. To avoid serious burns, care must be exercised that the barrel and jacket are not
touched with bare hands.
For moving the gun or disassembling a hot barrel, the asbestos mittens should be used.
Does this give us any cover?

Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-10-2020 at 9:15 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 9:12 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
As of right now threaded barrels are not an evil feature (except on pistols). Just the things you can screw on to them.
Actually threaded barrels are as of right now evil features on Title 1 firearms
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...5.&lawCode=PEN

Quote:

Old 08-10-2020, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately we still have the 'shroud' issue to deal with even with a buttstock. And the AR handguard is the very definition of a shroud, literally designed to keep the operator from burning their hand - so how has it gotten a pass? Maybe that opinion will help inform us belt fed guys....

Why is a "shroud" relevant to a "rifle"?

From Penal Code section 30515 as now written law.

(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that does not have a fixed magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(H) A second handgrip.
(10) A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(11) A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
Old 08-10-2020, 9:28 AM

Quote:
With this crap passing, nothing stops legislators from creating more crap, that will ultimately lead to anything that takes a cartridge, to become an "aw". Of coarse all "aw's" will need registration, if bought before a date and a permit to buy after a date. LOL to getting a permit to buy a "aw" after the cutoff date. Getting a permit, will probably will be as hard to get, as a CCW in Santa Clara County.
To get a CCW in SCC, requires "brown nose & cash", with only a selected few allowed to get a CCW.
Laurie got her dong slapped for that one. If you didn't get your CCW already somehow with her, it isn't going to happen anymore that's for sure.

I do not have one in SCC
Old 08-10-2020, 9:48 AM

If adding a stock to a 1919, then it is a rifle and not a title 1 other which takes it out of registration requirements.

If not adding a stock it’s a title 1 other and if it has any of the features under assault rifles, assault pistols, or assault shotguns then it has to be registered, disassembled, or removed from the state.

Whether or not there is a shroud is up to a jury, nonetheless a very expensive firearm will be confiscated and paraded for the media and jury while you plead your case.

Excerpts ammunition outside the pistol grip when no “pistol grip“ is present is another issue
Old 08-10-2020, 9:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Actually threaded barrels are as of right now evil features on Title 1 firearms
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...5.&lawCode=PEN
Of course they are.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 08-10-2020, 9:52 AM

You can buy a boatload of semi stuff, for the cost of one 1919a4 or M2HB
A 1919a4 semi, GB latest posting $5k +
A M2HB semi, GB latest posting $12k +
Parts kits are starting to get scarce, for both. So prices, for either, can be expected to rise.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:11 AM

Hmmm
On the face of this passed law.
1919a4 & M2HB are still legal, to purchase before and even after Sept 1st 2020.
Sounds like a new box, on the DROS form, to accommodate them.

But, you know, the DOJ miss-interpretations / elaborations of laws passed, will call them aw, even if they do not meet the definitions found in SB-118
I would have liked, to have bought a 1919a4 and or a M2HB, but getting a belt fed now, is screwed.

Last edited by Tankhatch; 08-10-2020 at 10:33 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 10:51 AM

Does not this legislation affirm, that anything, that is not a rifle, that is not a pistol, that is not a shot gun, should have been DROS-able til Aug 20th / 21st ?

How long ago, did DOJ stop allowing transactions of these type of guns, mentioned above, from happening ????

Last edited by Tankhatch; 08-10-2020 at 11:01 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hmmm
On the face of this passed law.
1919a4 & M2HB are still legal, to purchase before and even after Sept 1st 2020.
Sounds like a new box, on the DROS form, to accommodate them.

But, you know, the DOJ miss-interpretations / elaborations of laws passed, will call them aw, even if they do not meet the definitions found in SB-118
I would have liked, to have bought a 1919a4 and or a M2HB, but getting a belt fed now, is screwed.
Featureless beltfed rifles can still be legally purchased

Quote:
Does not this legislation affirm, that anything, that is not a rifle, that is not a pistol, that is not a shot gun, should have been DROS-able til Aug 20th / 21st ?
It would seem to be the case. I know people were transferring 1919a4s and M2HBs since 2014 when the “other” category disappeared.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

The list I posted are the new features that make a title 1 an AW. Adding a butt stock to a title one makes it a rifle. The rifle AW regs are looser than the regs for a title 1.
A lot of time and energy goes into thinking up ways to make perfectly good rifles into something dumb. Single shot ARs are gay. AR pistols are also gay. Just my opinion, of course, but a single shot AR pistol would be an AIDS cannon.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My belief is that if you are trying to DROS a a non-rifle/non-pistol/non-shotgun that is now classified as an assault weapon, that any such attempt to transfer is now illegal. That should have been done before August 6, before they officially became assault weapons. If you are trying to DROS a non-rifle/non-pistol/non-shotgun that is not an assault weapon, you can try to DROS it now, or DROS it after September 1, 2020, though it would be difficult without "other" or "non-rifle/non-pistol/non-shotgun" options in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ View Post
SB118 was a budget bill and became effective law upon signing on August 6, 2020. If you look at the Legislature's website, Penal Code section 30515, which is the law defining the features that make an assault weapon, has already been changed to reflect SB118.

That means that as of August 6, 2020, non-rifles/non-pistols/non-shotguns with the specified features are "assault weapons". They're considered "assault weapons" before September 1, 2020. Though the State of California right now probably has no idea who currently has a non-rifle/non-pistol/non-shotgun assault weapon, which is why there is registration.

That also means that as of August 6, 2020, because those non-rifles/non-pistols/non-shotguns with specified features are assault weapons, manufacturing, distributions, transportation, importation, selling, giving, or lending those particular Title I Firearms, is illegal under Penal Code section 30600. So I think it would be a really bad idea to try to transfer anything between now and September 1, 2020, with a paper trail. And it's probably futile because the DROS Entry System or CFARS doesn't have an option for "other" yet.

Penal Code section 30605 is the law prohibiting possession of assault weapons. The new Penal Code section 30685 says possession of assault weapons law (PC30605) doesn't apply to people who already possessed non-rifle/non-pistol/non-shotgun assault weapon by September 1, 2020, and are going to register. It only says PC30605. It does not say PC30600.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ View Post
More or less, an 80% receiver.

Penal Code section 16531:

(a) As used in this part, “firearm precursor part” means a component of a firearm that is necessary to build or assemble a firearm and is described in either of the following categories:
(1) An unfinished receiver, including both a single part receiver and a multiple part receiver, such as a receiver in an AR-10- or AR-15-style firearm. An unfinished receiver includes a receiver tube, a molded or shaped polymer frame or receiver, a metallic casting, a metallic forging, and a receiver flat, such as a Kalashnikov-style weapons system, Kalashnikov-style receiver channel, or a Browning-style receiver side plate.

(2) An unfinished handgun frame.
(b) The Department of Justice, consistent with this section, shall provide written guidance and pictorial diagrams demonstrating each category of firearm precursor part specified in subdivision (a).

(c) Firearm parts that can only be used on antique firearms, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 16170, are not firearm precursor parts.

(d) A firearm precursor part is not a firearm or the frame or receiver thereof. A firearm precursor part that is attached or affixed to a firearm is not subject to the requirements of Chapter 1.5 (commencing with Section 30400) of Division 10 of Title 4 of Part 6 or Section 18010.
So now the distributors just call them airsoft or something?

Where does CA draw the line when the billet of aluminum has enough machining done to it to be considered an ‘unfinished firearm receiver’. The ATF says 5 machining operations I believe which at least provides a standard of definition.

Does CA specify anything like that?
Old 08-10-2020, 11:19 AM

They are still legal if you take possession of it before 9/1/20. Which means latest chance to dros is 8/21/20... 11 days from now
Old 08-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
They are still legal if you take possession of it before 9/1/20. Which means latest chance to dros is 8/21/20... 11 days from now
Well they are already AW now, at the moment of signing. So like any AW they are not transferable now, and there will be no DROSing. Who knows what the 9/1 date was meant to allow for, perhaps transfers already started before 8/6.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-10-2020 at 12:18 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

I still have no idea what I'm going to do with the M2HB but I kinda want to double down on this mess and order a 1919A4 as well. Although with the signing I guess it is out of my hands now

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875845200
Pre-Lock S&Ws
FN 509 Tactical
Old 08-10-2020, 10:05 PM

OK, so just so I'm figuring this, a 1919A4 is now an assault weapon because it's over 30", doesn't have a magazine in the pistol grip and has a barrel shroud. And if it's got spade grips, that's classified as a thumbhole stock with a barrel shroud? Or am I wrong?
Old 08-11-2020, 3:44 AM

If I lawfully possessed a title 1 firearm before July 1st,

1.) Was it legal to possess if i was made from a DROS'd stripped lower?

2.) Was it legal to possess if was made from a DROS'd rifle?

Last edited by Epsilon; 08-11-2020 at 3:46 AM..
Old 08-11-2020, 4:52 AM
I need a LIFE!!

This thread has me looking at real estate listings in Arkansas.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 08-11-2020, 5:03 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
If I lawfully possessed a title 1 firearm before July 1st,

1.) Was it legal to possess if i was made from a DROS'd stripped lower?

2.) Was it legal to possess if was made from a DROS'd rifle?
For possession, I believe the date is 9/1.
1) No, if it was acquired as a rifle lower post 2014.
2) No, it would be tainted as a rifle.

Some people have converted their pistols to Title 1.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Binary Firing System, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine, Reformation, the CA7 Rostered AR Pistol, and the New Title 1 Firearm!
Old 08-11-2020, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
For possession, I believe the date is 9/1.
1) No, if it was acquired as a rifle lower post 2014.
2) No, it would be tainted as a rifle.

Some people have converted their pistols to Title 1.
Is a post 2014 virgin stripped lower that’s never been built out, a rifle? The state refers to it as a firearm everywhere else in the law. Wouldn’t it be manufactured as a firearm and other on 4473 and “gunsmithed” to a title 1 firearm? It never had a stock or rifled barrel never was designed or redesigned, made or remade as or from a rifle. You can change the pistol dros category but not rifle when the state admits the category is legal? It would be legal from the federal level, when there is no law don’t you default to that?

Last edited by Joeyd130; 08-11-2020 at 8:57 AM..