Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 01-03-2018, 6:36 PM
boo2112 boo2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 405
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
As far as picking up 150-200 FPS....not in my testing. Using WWB 115gr factory ammo I get around 1250 FPS out of my Taccom PCC rig....5 1/2” barrel with pinned and welded extension to make 16” barrel.
Compared to 9mm 124gr +P, WWB 115gr is relatively weak and low pressure ammo, which is probably why you aren't seeing the 150-200fps increase (which professional testing has shown).
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:04 PM
sMp sMp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: California unfortunately
Posts: 391
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

i just found youtube reviews dating four years ago.
how am i now just hearing about these.
this would have made me not want the sub2000 so bad lol

***correction the reviews are for the non take down model

Last edited by sMp; 01-03-2018 at 7:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:05 PM
John Browning's Avatar
John Browning John Browning is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 7,003
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

Which professional testing?

You aren't going to pick up more than about 75fps in 9mm, even in +p. Not a hater. I have an MPX and still plan to get me one of these, but the 9mm out of a 16in barrel shoots like it does out of a 5in barrel.

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:16 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ☠ Outside my Southern Comfort Zone ☠
Posts: 10,827
iTrader: 127 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
Which professional testing?

You aren't going to pick up more than about 75fps in 9mm, even in +p. Not a hater. I have an MPX and still plan to get me one of these, but the 9mm out of a 16in barrel shoots like it does out of a 5in barrel.

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
According to your link, the hot rounds are up to 200FPS faster from 16" compared to 5", in test barrels.

Corbon 90gr +P
16" 1740FPS
5" 1539 FPS
Delta 201FPS
And in the real gun test it was 300FPS faster (Korth 5" vs Beretta 16")

Corbon 115gr +P
16" 1525FPS
5" 1372FPS
Delta 153FPS
And in the real gun test it was 212FPS faster. (Korth 5" vs Beretta 16")

125gr was 148FPS faster.

Every +P round tested there was ~150FPS faster at least.

Your link.
__________________
.



"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-03-2018 at 7:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:23 PM
boo2112 boo2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 405
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
Which professional testing?

You aren't going to pick up more than about 75fps in 9mm, even in +p. Not a hater. I have an MPX and still plan to get me one of these, but the 9mm out of a 16in barrel shoots like it does out of a 5in barrel.

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
Now that's funny, the link you posted shows you are wrong.

124 gr. Gold Dot Short Barrel Ammunition:
1379 fps from 16" test barrel
1259 fps from 5" test barrel
That's a 120 fps difference.

Cor Bon 125 gr. JHP +P Ammunition:
1430 fps from 16" test barrel
1282 fps from 5" test barrel
That's a 148 fps difference.

Last edited by boo2112; 01-03-2018 at 7:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:26 PM
John Browning's Avatar
John Browning John Browning is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 7,003
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

Gimmick rounds. Look at the rest of the tests of rounds people actually shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:28 PM
boo2112 boo2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 405
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
Gimmick rounds. Look at the rest of the tests of rounds people actually shoot.
Plenty of people shoot Cor-Bon and Speer Gold Dots.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:32 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ☠ Outside my Southern Comfort Zone ☠
Posts: 10,827
iTrader: 127 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
Gimmick rounds. Look at the rest of the tests of rounds people actually shoot.
They didn't test nearly all the rounds that people shoot. Underwood not there, Buffalo Bore not there. I bet you would see north of 350FPS difference if they did.

And gimmick round? Is the Federal 105gr a gimmick round? It was 164FPS faster from the test barrels.

The 9mm rounds 'people actually shoot' are usually from handguns. Most 9mm ammo is shot from handguns I'm guessing. So the commonly found rounds are not made hotter than they need to be.

But hotter ammo is out there, and it performs substantially better from a longer barrel. If you are shooting mouse gun ammo out of your carbine, don't blame the carbine.
__________________
.



"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-03-2018 at 7:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:37 PM
bellts's Avatar
bellts bellts is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Valley Center
Posts: 2,109
iTrader: 64 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwanghoops View Post
causing a drop in prices already? a PC9 in San Diego for $450

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1412447
Yep... I'm the one that's snatching it up. So excited. I'll be in line for the new carbine as well but once they work out any knicks, if any. The primary problem - it's butt-ugliness will never be corrected (well... maybe magpul might pull something off).

Last edited by bellts; 01-04-2018 at 6:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:44 PM
boo2112 boo2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 405
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
They didn't test nearly all the rounds that people shoot. Underwood not there, Buffalo Bore not there. I bet you would see north of 350FPS difference if they did.

And gimmick round? Is the Federal 105gr a gimmick round? It was 164FPS faster from the test barrels.

The 9mm rounds 'people actually shoot' are usually from handguns. So the rounds are not made hotter than they need to be.

But hotter ammo is out there, and it perform substantially better from a longer barrel. If you are shooting mouse gun ammo out of your carbine, don't blame the carbine.
THIS.

And since many people have 9mm handguns with barrel lengths shorter than 5", they will see an even larger increase in velocity with a 16" carbine.
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 01-03-2018, 7:55 PM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 5,473
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I’m thinking 8 MOA C-more Railway red dot sight on this for run and gun type shooting. Any other ideas?
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 01-03-2018, 8:51 PM
denpython denpython is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 978
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfish View Post
This one's going to be winner I'm looking forward to the 45acp that will accept 1911 mags version. Very practical gun.
Why can't the carbine be set up for 9mm 1911 mags?
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 01-03-2018, 9:41 PM
SandHill's Avatar
SandHill SandHill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,110
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

This thing is going to be all kinds of fun. I want one with a wood stock. With the modular construction, including the drop in mag wells, a wood stock should be no problem. Couldn't do that with the PC9. Anyone know if you could just drop it into a 10/22 stock? That would be ideal.

And although I agree that 10mm would be pretty cool, I'm sort of thinking .357 Sig. If they ever make it in .40, you could get one of those, a 9mm barrel, have the 9mm chamber reamed out for .357 Sig, and presto, you've got a .357 Sig! I'm thinking they are going to make it in .40 before they do a 10mm.
__________________
Roza Shanina and Mosin-Nagant. Two of the finest flowers Mother Russia ever conceived. Unfortunately, only one was mass produced.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 01-03-2018, 9:59 PM
golfish's Avatar
golfish golfish is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpython View Post
Why can't the carbine be set up for 9mm 1911 mags?
Because
__________________
It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do

____________________________________

Happiness is a warm gun
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 01-03-2018, 11:19 PM
k1dude's Avatar
k1dude k1dude is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: la Republika Popular de Kalifornistan
Posts: 7,563
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHill View Post
This thing is going to be all kinds of fun. I want one with a wood stock. With the modular construction, including the drop in mag wells, a wood stock should be no problem. Couldn't do that with the PC9. Anyone know if you could just drop it into a 10/22 stock? That would be ideal.

And although I agree that 10mm would be pretty cool, I'm sort of thinking .357 Sig. If they ever make it in .40, you could get one of those, a 9mm barrel, have the 9mm chamber reamed out for .357 Sig, and presto, you've got a .357 Sig! I'm thinking they are going to make it in .40 before they do a 10mm.
They'd be foolish to do a .40 before a 10mm since you can usually shoot .40 out of a 10mm.

In other words, if you make it a 10mm, you get a .40 too.
__________________
“Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 01-03-2018, 11:26 PM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,457
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpython View Post
Why can't the carbine be set up for 9mm 1911 mags?
Probably would not sell well. Most people will want the ability to use double stack magazines holding much more than the 9-10 rounds in a 1911 9x19 magazine.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 01-04-2018, 7:55 AM
SandHill's Avatar
SandHill SandHill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,110
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
They'd be foolish to do a .40 before a 10mm since you can usually shoot .40 out of a 10mm.

In other words, if you make it a 10mm, you get a .40 too.
Foolish, huh? Let's look at the evidence:

1. Glocks can shoot .40 out of a 10mm. They do it by holding the rim in the extractor since the .40 is too short to head space properly in a 10mm chamber.
Although there are plenty of people on here who will tell you it works just fine, this practice is not endorsed by Glock. Its not like shooting .38 Special out if a .357 revolver. Ruger would be fooolish to trot out a 10mm and say: "Use it for .40 also." One mishap and the lawyers would put them out of business.

2. There are "lots" more shooters of .40 in this country than 10mm. Statistics are hard to find, like everything else gun related, but the delta is probably 50x.

3. To make a 10mm, they are going to have to beef up the bolt a lot, at a minimum, and probably other parts as well. This will add weight and decrease the appeal of a handy, light carbine.

So Ruger marketing might take a different view of what is "foolish." Of course, if they are foolish enough to put one out in 10mm, I'll probably be foolish enough to buy that one too! Be pretty cool to share mages with my G20SF (that I never run .40 out of).
__________________
Roza Shanina and Mosin-Nagant. Two of the finest flowers Mother Russia ever conceived. Unfortunately, only one was mass produced.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 01-04-2018, 8:17 AM
k1dude's Avatar
k1dude k1dude is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: la Republika Popular de Kalifornistan
Posts: 7,563
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHill View Post
Foolish, huh? Let's look at the evidence:

1. Glocks can shoot .40 out of a 10mm. They do it by holding the rim in the extractor since the .40 is too short to head space properly in a 10mm chamber.
Although there are plenty of people on here who will tell you it works just fine, this practice is not endorsed by Glock. Its not like shooting .38 Special out if a .357 revolver. Ruger would be fooolish to trot out a 10mm and say: "Use it for .40 also." One mishap and the lawyers would put them out of business.

2. There are "lots" more shooters of .40 in this country than 10mm. Statistics are hard to find, like everything else gun related, but the delta is probably 50x.

3. To make a 10mm, they are going to have to beef up the bolt a lot, at a minimum, and probably other parts as well. This will add weight and decrease the appeal of a handy, light carbine.

So Ruger marketing might take a different view of what is "foolish." Of course, if they are foolish enough to put one out in 10mm, I'll probably be foolish enough to buy that one too! Be pretty cool to share mages with my G20SF (that I never run .40 out of).
You're talking about liability issues. I'm talking about common practice.

The 10mm is also far more potent than other common factory semi-auto pistol cartridges, which makes it a perfect candidate for a carbine.

In addition, there's virtually no competition out there for a 10mm carbine. There's a whole lot of competition for a .40 carbine. I think it'd be a smart move by Ruger.

And no, I personally don't shoot .40 out of my 10mm's. But I know it's a common practice.
__________________
“Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 01-04-2018, 8:39 AM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
Handgun fanboy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,853
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Yeah you definitely cannot count on shooting .40 out of a Ruger 10mm carbine... Ruger only has an auto 10mm in the SR 1911 line IIRC... and one in revolvers I think. Not that they could not release a carbine in 10mm that came with the SR 1911 mag insert and also came with a Glock 10mm insert.

I've always thought ballistics of cartridges like .357 Mag and .44 Mag out of lever guns were great. A 10mm would be interesting, but most will probably be happy with a 9mm carbine. I don't think .40 would be that popular either (compared to 9mm).

Definitely would be a bummer to pickup a 9mm and feel 7 pounds and compare to a 10mm and feel 10 pounds. Similar to the differences between the LCR .38+P and a .357 version or 9mm version going from alloy to steel... it'd be significant IMHO. 10mm fans would buy one, but who knows what those numbers would look like... the 9mm is going to explode off shelves.

I'd like as many options as possible of course.

If nothing materializes you could always spring for a JR Carbine "Safe Act" Thordsen stocked 10mm.

Last edited by crufflers; 01-04-2018 at 8:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 01-04-2018, 9:56 AM
denpython denpython is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 978
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
Probably would not sell well. Most people will want the ability to use double stack magazines holding much more than the 9-10 rounds in a 1911 9x19 magazine.
So mechanically there is no deterrent? Hypothetically, some after market "adapter" could be produced?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #301  
Old 01-04-2018, 12:24 PM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,457
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpython View Post
So mechanically there is no deterrent? Hypothetically, some after market "adapter" could be produced?
Thanks.
Hard to say I haven't seen the gun in person. Might not be possible since gun is set up for double stack magazines.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 01-04-2018, 3:03 PM
DrewN DrewN is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orange County
Posts: 415
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Is this +P+ rated?
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 01-04-2018, 3:39 PM
boo2112 boo2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 405
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewN View Post
Is this +P+ rated?
No, per the Instruction Manual for the PC Carbine:

"The RUGER® PC CARBINE™ is chambered for, and designed to properly function with, only factory loaded 9mm Luger (Parabellum) standard, high velocity, or +P ammunition, manufactured to U.S. industry standards."
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 01-04-2018, 5:52 PM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is offline
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

I reserved one at Turner’s Lake Forest, the first one at that location apparently. The staff confirmed that it’s the Glock mag version with threaded barrel. It’s $529.99 full price and they are expected to receive them next month. I’m excited !!
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 01-04-2018, 5:55 PM
ProperModulation ProperModulation is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I reserved one at Turner’s Lake Forest, the first one at that location apparently. The staff confirmed that it’s the Glock mag version with threaded barrel. It’s $529.99 full price and they are expected to receive them next month. I’m excited !!
I've got one reserved there as well. I need to ask about the price as I was told it was $569. I didn't know about the pre-sale price and was in a hurry so I didn't ask many questions .
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 01-04-2018, 6:17 PM
Go Navy's Avatar
Go Navy Go Navy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,845
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

It's interesting how this thread devolved into a discussion of 10mm. My b.s. meter is flashing yellow.

Let's see now: a carbine in 9mm is not ok, because it's a pistol caliber. A carbine in .30 Carbine is not ok, because it is a carbine caliber. A carbine in .40 or 10mm is ok, because it is a pistol caliber. Huh?

And, we are told that you don't gain anything by shooting a pistol caliber round out of a longer barrel......UNLESS it is anything else but 9mm, so if it is "bigger" than 9mm you gain lots and lots!

And while we're at it, let's criticize and dismiss .30 carbine, even though it hits with the energy of a .357mag at 50 yards if not longer. Yes, I own an M1 Carbine.

The reason there are few 10mm options is that very few want 10mm, and those who don't want that round includes the FBI.

If what you want is a bullet with a big diameter above all else, go ahead and shoot .45 acp, .454 Casull, .50 Desert Eagle, or 10mm. You can kill pickup trucks and blow down doors. Better yet, get a 12 gauge with a rifled barrel, cut the barrel and stock, and shoot slugs. Then you can remind us that bigger is better.
__________________
USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 01-04-2018, 6:19 PM
robodeer's Avatar
robodeer robodeer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 531
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

9mm and .45 would be nice. Wood stock, please.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 01-04-2018, 6:44 PM
Lead Waster's Avatar
Lead Waster Lead Waster is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 15,567
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpython View Post
Why can't the carbine be set up for 9mm 1911 mags?
9mm 1911 mags barely work in 1911s!!
__________________
==================




Remember to dial 1 before 911.

Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

There. Are. Four. Lights!
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 01-04-2018, 7:46 PM
johnwin84 johnwin84 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 583
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
You're talking about liability issues. I'm talking about common practice.

The 10mm is also far more potent than other common factory semi-auto pistol cartridges, which makes it a perfect candidate for a carbine.

In addition, there's virtually no competition out there for a 10mm carbine. There's a whole lot of competition for a .40 carbine. I think it'd be a smart move by Ruger.

And no, I personally don't shoot .40 out of my 10mm's. But I know it's a common practice.
High point is coming out with one model 1095ts

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 01-04-2018, 8:02 PM
denpython denpython is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 978
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I reserved one at Turner’s Lake Forest, the first one at that location apparently. The staff confirmed that it’s the Glock mag version with threaded barrel. It’s $529.99 full price and they are expected to receive them next month. I’m excited !!
I might have to get one of these puppies. Sounds like fun. I wonder how the 9mm performs at 100 yds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 01-04-2018, 9:16 PM
perry753 perry753 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 86
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Kygunco.com emailed me and told me that they couldn't ship the 17rd version of the rifle w/o the magazines because the rifle has a threaded barrel. I thought it was legal for us to get one with a threaded barrel?
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 01-04-2018, 9:18 PM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,457
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry753 View Post
Kygunco.com emailed me and told me that they couldn't ship the 17rd version of the rifle w/o the magazines because the rifle has a threaded barrel. I thought it was legal for us to get one with a threaded barrel?
It is they are being dumb. They are confusing long guns with handguns where in CA you can't have a threaded barrel.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 01-04-2018, 9:20 PM
TheBest's Avatar
TheBest TheBest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 1,028
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry753 View Post
Kygunco.com emailed me and told me that they couldn't ship the 17rd version of the rifle w/o the magazines because the rifle has a threaded barrel. I thought it was legal for us to get one with a threaded barrel?
They are being dumb. Perfectly legal to have a threaded barrel on a rifle with no features.
__________________
Don't forget to shop at Amazon!
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 01-04-2018, 9:24 PM
elSquid's Avatar
elSquid elSquid is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Left coast.
Posts: 9,577
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry753 View Post
Kygunco.com emailed me and told me that they couldn't ship the 17rd version of the rifle w/o the magazines because the rifle has a threaded barrel. I thought it was legal for us to get one with a threaded barrel?
They are confusing our laws with those of other states - like NY - where the threaded barrel is an evil feature.

In CA, threaded barrel is an evil feature on semiauto handguns, but not on semiauto rifles.

If you want to try to convince them of this, point them to 30515 and point out that the law says:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...5.&lawCode=PEN

30515.

(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B) A thumbhole stock.

(C) A folding or telescoping stock.

(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E) A flash suppressor.

(F) A forward pistol grip.

< snip, and for pistols >

(4) A semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:

(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

(B) A second handgrip.

(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.

(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.




It's aggravating for us to keep aware of CA's dumb laws, but Kygunco has to be aware of all states' dumb laws, which is far more work.



-- Michael
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 01-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Fox Mulder's Avatar
Fox Mulder Fox Mulder is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: My gun has killed less people than Uber’s self driving car.
Posts: 412
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Damn, now I’m going to have to explain to my wife why I need another rifle...


Once you guys find a company willing to ship the threaded barrel version, without the 17 round mag, to CA please be sure to update this thread.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman View Post
Don't sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 01-04-2018, 10:39 PM
k1dude's Avatar
k1dude k1dude is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: la Republika Popular de Kalifornistan
Posts: 7,563
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwin84 View Post
High point is coming out with one model 1095ts
Yeah, but Hi-Points are flat out fugly. The Ruger is no beauty queen, but at least it's not hideous like a Hi-Point.
__________________
“Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater

Last edited by k1dude; 01-04-2018 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 01-05-2018, 1:27 AM
ZombieLivesMatter's Avatar
ZombieLivesMatter ZombieLivesMatter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: ███████
Posts: 1,727
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post
Damn, now I’m going to have to explain to my wife why I need another rifle...


Once you guys find a company willing to ship the threaded barrel version, without the 17 round mag, to CA please be sure to update this thread.
Placed a order for a threaded barrel version from a local Turner's for a sale price of $529, will supposedly start shipping next month.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgn02 View Post
G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 01-05-2018, 4:41 AM
SonOfaDI's Avatar
SonOfaDI SonOfaDI is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Socal but long 2B Free
Posts: 481
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLivesMatter View Post
Placed a order for a threaded barrel version from a local Turner's for a sale price of $529, will supposedly start shipping next month.
Is the sale still on and was it in a ad somewhere? Dud not see notice of sale. Wonder if the SFV or Oxnard Turners are aware?

Thanks in advance.
__________________

Democrats, Liberals, Socialists and all election losers. We are sorry you are in darkness now. You need to undertake the TARD protocol to become rational again.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 01-05-2018, 5:54 AM
agent88's Avatar
agent88 agent88 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,484
iTrader: 33 / 97%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
Yeah, but Hi-Points are flat out fugly. The Ruger is no beauty queen, but at least it's not hideous like a Hi-Point.
More important how it shoots than how it looks... That said the hi-point ..single stack and pistol grip...


Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 01-05-2018, 6:14 AM
Fox Mulder's Avatar
Fox Mulder Fox Mulder is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: My gun has killed less people than Uber’s self driving car.
Posts: 412
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLivesMatter View Post
Placed a order for a threaded barrel version from a local Turner's for a sale price of $529, will supposedly start shipping next month.
That’s awesome, I wish I had a Turners here. The nearest one is 154 miles away according to google maps.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman View Post
Don't sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:43 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.