Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Default Need Lightening Cuts milled on Norinco Hunter.

Have a Norinco hunter type rifle that needs both sides of the receiver to be milled with lightening cuts.

from this

to this...

just want the lightening cuts, no other mods to the receiver.

Would be a plus if you are located in the SOCAL area.

Rifle is in Van Nuys.

Thank You
Old 09-07-2011, 6:19 PM
Veteran Member

As a machinist...thats not going to be cheap if you want that exact profile. That was milled with a pretty large diameter cutter (couple of inches at least) with a radius on both sides. For an exact match, a cutter would probably have to be ground. Good luck with your project, but expect that to cost many hundreds of dollars if your picky about the exact profile.
Old 09-09-2011, 4:04 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. Didnt know it was going to be that costly. Im not real particular about the receiver profile. I just want some milling on the sides, for both weight savings and aesthetics. Ive seen people do some nice conversions on Norinco Hunter receivers and thought someone on CALGUNS will be able to do it.
Old 09-09-2011, 6:52 AM

That reciever is nice, not something you see every day! Not all Galil's have the cuts, and there are a couple different variations as well. Some have the cuts in your pic, some have wider cuts that drop off more sharply than those in the pic, and some (I'm sure I've seen either Action Arms or Magnum Research Galils like this) donIt have the cuts at all. It's not necessary for a good Galil clone IMO. If you have big balls, you could try and do them with a dremel. Some guy around here did them on a milled AK and they looked good to me.