Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 1:19 PM

Default Ban on off roster Leo to Civ PPT

I was at turners this morning picking up a gun and the guy behind the counter was reading a memo from CA doj. He said that he hadn’t fully read it but from what he did read it said Off roster pistols will not be able to be transferred. Has anyone else heard of this?
Old 03-15-2021, 1:21 PM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Some versions of LEO cannot resell off roster to private parties IIRC.

More informed members will be here shortly with details.

Off roster can still be transferred private party to private party.
Old 03-15-2021, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv View Post
Some versions of LEO cannot resell off roster to private parties IIRC.

More informed members will be here shortly with details.

Off roster can still be transferred private party to private party.
The memo had just come through today he said. I’ve been wanting a G43, hopefully I can still get one.
Old 03-15-2021, 1:24 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by devster55 View Post
The memo had just come through today he said. I’ve been wanting a G43, hopefully I can still get one.
You were at Turners, so let's hope their lawyers over-interpreted again.
Old 03-15-2021, 1:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Not this again...

iTrader
Old 03-15-2021, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Not this again...
Care to elaborate?
Old 03-15-2021, 2:31 PM

I just read the bulletin myself. It does not restrict ALL peace officers from buying or selling off roster, only certain agencies. Standard peace officers (by standard, I mean DOJ, PD, Sheriff's official, CDCR, CHP, exc.) are still okay to buy and sell "any non-roster handgun to any eligible purchaser at a licened firearms dealer." This ONLY effects the new boards and state workers that are permitted to purchase off roster pistols.

This is why someone should play along with the state's handgun antics and force a bill that would require ALL state agencies in California to ONLY carry what is ON ROSTER. Watch how fast the roster requirements are loosened or hopefully abolished. As I have always said, "how can one say they feel safe in the hands of law enforcement if law enforcement is allowed to carry unsafe handguns?"
Old 03-15-2021, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8nhavoc View Post
I just read the bulletin myself. It does not restrict ALL peace officers from buying or selling off roster, only certain agencies. Standard peace officers (by standard, I mean DOJ, PD, Sheriff's official, CDCR, CHP, exc.) are still okay to buy and sell "any non-roster handgun to any eligible purchaser at a licened firearms dealer." This ONLY effects the new boards and state workers that are permitted to purchase off roster pistols.

This is why someone should play along with the state's handgun antics and force a bill that would require ALL state agencies in California to ONLY carry what is ON ROSTER. Watch how fast the roster requirements are loosened or hopefully abolished. As I have always said, "how can one say they feel safe in the hands of law enforcement if law enforcement is allowed to carry unsafe handguns?"
That is probably the quickest way to get rid of the roster law. Make noone exempt..
Old 03-15-2021, 3:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devster55 View Post
I was at turners this morning picking up a gun and the guy behind the counter was reading a memo from CA doj. He said that he hadn’t fully read it but from what he did read it said Off roster pistols will not be able to be transferred. Has anyone else heard of this?

Why are we doing this again.

You problem is that you were at Turners. Turners suuuuuuucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2021, 3:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Not this again...
About once a week lately.

“When you're taking flak you know you're over the target”

Old 03-15-2021, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca View Post
About once a week lately.
The FUD never ends, huh

OP, one should know not to take Turner’s employee’s legal interpretation seriously, or what most gun stores say.

As mentioned, off-rosters sales will continue to happen, just changes on who are exempt and who they can sell changes.

iTrader
Old 03-15-2021, 4:53 PM

Quote:
The FUD never ends, huh

OP, one should know not to take Turner’s employee’s legal interpretation seriously, or what most gun stores say.

As mentioned, off-rosters sales will continue to happen, just changes on who are exempt and who they can sell changes.
I was just curious, was there picking up my sub 2000 this morning and they said no more LEO PPT for now.
Old 03-15-2021, 5:29 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I don't fault turners really. They are a chain. They have lots of low wage employees. Why risk the liability of having those employees try to decipher what LEO agency a seller is from...and on top of that having to quiz sellers on how they aquired the firearm.. e.g., through PPT -- ok to sell... through exemption... -- not ok to sell.
phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links
Old 03-15-2021, 6:53 PM
Administrator

Long answer is in the leo forum - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1527456, so closed.

And, wrong forum - this one is for litigation and discussion of the laws that litigation challenges

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Closed Thread