Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 08-31-2018, 5:24 PM

I’m voting for ChiFi, she is the lesser of the two evils.
There is a slight chance we will have a Republican Governor who could appoint Feinstein’s replacement, she’s really old...
Old 08-31-2018, 5:34 PM
Calguns Addict

^^^THIS^^^
Old 09-01-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
I'm not sure I will be able to vote for either one...

Just in case there was any doubt, somewhere, on this forum...

Old 09-02-2018, 2:09 AM

I never thought I would vote for Feinstein. Hell has frozen over!
Old 09-26-2018, 6:04 PM

I'm in favor of anything that F's up the Democrats. I think it's a good idea to get DiFi in there just to screw with the progressives.

I'm also contemplating voting for every bond measure and for prop 6 just to hasten the the inevitable crash.
Old 09-26-2018, 9:23 PM

As they say, better the devil you know. In this case we know both, but De Leon is by far the worse choice of the two. I’ll be voting for Feinstein (even though I throw up a little in the back of my throat whenever I think about it.)

Old 09-27-2018, 7:33 PM

I will vote for Feinstein after watching this. She blinks at his response. She doesn't have the stomach to destroy a good man- no follow through. Leon, well, he's no scruples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqu21rfslN0
Old 09-27-2018, 7:41 PM

Write in? Ben Shapiro as a protest vote?

http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Old 09-27-2018, 7:44 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjoe View Post
Write in? Ben Shapiro as a protest vote?
May as well vote for DeLeon, because that's the effect that it will have.

Like the 18% of the voters who thought they were "sending a message" by voting for Perot.
Yup... they sent a message allright, and we ended up with 26 years of the Clintons manipulating and destroying our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 09-27-2018, 8:06 PM

I'm game for rolling the dice on Feinstein on the slim hope that Newsome loses to Cox or at least won't offer up a Coxsucker like Leon. But then again, we're playing at dice...
Old 09-27-2018, 8:16 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature View Post
I'm game for rolling the dice on Feinstein on the slim hope that Newsome loses to Cox or at least won't offer up a Coxsucker like Leon. But then again, we're playing at dice...
He won't.
They can't stand each other.
Elements of Prop 63 were in conflict with Leon's senate bill and they were not happy with each other about it.
The only thing they have in common is they are irrational gun-hating democrats. At least Newsom has a justification having lost a family member to a shooting.
Newsom will not appoint Leon when DiFi crosses the rainbow bridge.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 09-27-2018, 8:37 PM

Yes, I know. It's splendid that Leon will have to earn a living like the rest of us should he lose to a crone that's unlikely to serve out her term. But you knew that already. Just want his name to mean nothing more than anyone else's in the white pages.
Old 09-27-2018, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

It's really a shame that the republicans couldn't put out a viable candidate, since it seems that many people have seen right through her latest stunt. Hell my MIL a dyed in the wool liberal democrat today said she could not possibly vote for her. I about stroked out when I heard that.
Old 09-27-2018, 9:20 PM

Write in Travis Allen?
Old 09-27-2018, 9:36 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3006 View Post
Write in Travis Allen?
May as well vote for Leon.
It'll have the same effect.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2018, 8:32 PM

DeLeon came up with another meme-worthy declaration. See this thread.

By the way, for those talking about a "write-in" as their alternative, as I posted in that thread...

When California lawmakers removed write-in candidates from state and congressional ballots, it wasn't by accident

Quote:
...But there can be no write-in candidate in the 50th Congressional District, nor in any other state or regional race. In the early hours after Hunter’s indictment, some suggested the ban on an impromptu candidacy was perhaps an unintended consequence of California’s top-two primary system.

No, it was entirely intentional. The change was tucked deep inside a political compromise that gave birth to one of the most sweeping changes to the state’s elections...

Write-in candidates are still allowed in June primaries; they were only banned in November elections. Steve Peace, a Democrat who termed out of the Legislature in 2002, was part of the group that drafted both documents. He says reformers were not united in the decision to exclude write-in candidates.

Supporters of the ban, though, worried that political party leaders would try to rush in at the last minute with a write-in candidate and a well-funded campaign to get another bite at the apple in November — injecting a third candidate into what voters had been promised would be a two-person race...

Some, including Peace, believe the 2009 state law is unconstitutional. But there have been no takers when it comes to a lawsuit. Should that change, one key point undoubtedly will be made in court: Stripping voters of the chance to scribble in someone’s name might not have been the end of the world, but it was most certainly intentional.
Old 10-05-2018, 8:39 PM

I'm writing in:

Die-Fi

instead of
Di-Fi
Old 10-12-2018, 2:43 PM

I’m voting for DeLeon. It’s time for her to go and for the rest of the nation to see the hell California has become.
Old 10-14-2018, 3:47 PM

Just voted Feinstein.. had to go take a hot shower and scrub myself with disinfectant afterwards.
Old 10-14-2018, 4:33 PM
Calguns Addict

I was going to throw DiFi my vote, but I'm furious about how she manipulated the Kavanaugh hearings with her "surprise" character assassination.

Also, if she wins, she could very well die in office, allowing (presumable) Gov. Newscum the opportunity to install some crony.

De Leon and Newsum loathe each other.

De Leon would not be the co-chair of anything.

I have to vote De Leon.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malthusian View Post
This is a totally depressing thread
This.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 10-14-2018, 5:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcav View Post
Feinstien is a retard and will destroy the Democratic party the longer she is in office because she will divide them.
True but Commilla Harris has the backing of DiFi's years of power. With DeLeon in they would both have the doors of saner senators slammed in their faces.
Old 10-14-2018, 7:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_sfca View Post
Just voted Feinstein.. had to go take a hot shower and scrub myself with disinfectant afterwards.
Same here.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Banned

Liberals dominate CA by at least 6:4. She's got it locked.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Filled the circle for Feinstein. This postpones or forecloses De Leons ascendance to national office, and holds in place a Senator who in spite of her years in office, is seeing her power wane, particularly after deliberately leaking the Blasey-Ford allegation and lying about it while the Senate Judiciary Committee was watching.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 10-15-2018, 11:29 PM

Look at the ballot and you will see there are no write in spaces. It’s Democrat or democrat or leave blank. The voice of the people have been silenced by the mob rule democrats convincing the lower IQ public that only one party has a right to tell you how to live and take away your money and property.
Old 10-16-2018, 6:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMP3 View Post
Liberals dominate CA by at least 6:4. She's got it locked.
And the interior of the state is getting more and more like Detroit

Old 10-16-2018, 11:43 AM

From grindall61: https://youtu.be/qjRew_dzJqE

Kevin de leon must get out of politics. He's one of the guys responsible for gunmageddon from what I understand. The media will just brand him as the latino Obama according to grindall61. He needs to stay out.

This Millennial is woke.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Last edited by Silent Pulse; 10-16-2018 at 4:59 PM..
Old 10-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

GOP owes Feinstein for the absolutely lousy tactics she invoked on Kavanaugh. It most certainly woke up quite a few GOP voters, which will help GOP to keep the Senate.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:07 PM

I had to go for the old bag, Leon is too hardcore anti gun and Frankenstein is pretty old, she can not last much longer, someone will replace her and hopefully it will be someone better than leon. Ill ride the old bag out to a better exit.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCH 7.62 View Post
And the interior of the state is getting more and more like Detroit
I have been traveling the state quite a bit lately and I have to disagree with the Detroit reference, I would say it would be more accurate to compare with Tijuana.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
I had to go for the old bag, Leon is too hardcore anti gun and Frankenstein is pretty old, she can not last much longer, someone will replace her and hopefully it will be someone better than leon. Ill ride the old bag out to a better exit.
Likewise here. RCP has her up 14 over De Leon as of today. Unfortunately they also have Newsom up over Cox by an increasing margin.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinsinia View Post
It's funny because this is going to move California to the right more .. Most people are sane, but the current Democratic part is insane .. People will wake up over time to how insane they are, then they will be voting for other parties and even Republicans.
You think so? ... I have just felt California has been a lost cause for years.
These Democrats that preach that they will fix this state have been in power while the state has gone to **** .
It would be nice to have a change here.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterX View Post
Look at the ballot and you will see there are no write in spaces. It’s Democrat or democrat or leave blank. The voice of the people have been silenced by the mob rule democrats convincing the lower IQ public that only one party has a right to tell you how to live and take away your money and property.
Quote:
Same here.
Nice
Old 10-16-2018, 1:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
I have been traveling the state quite a bit lately and I have to disagree with the Detroit reference, I would say it would be more accurate to compare with Tijuana.
Have you been to the far flung places in Northern California, Redding included.

Old 10-16-2018, 2:01 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
Filled the circle for Feinstein. This postpones or forecloses De Leons ascendance to national office, and holds in place a Senator who in spite of her years in office, is seeing her power wane, particularly after deliberately leaking the Blasey-Ford allegation and lying about it while the Senate Judiciary Committee was watching.
Smart man. She's damaged goods. Keeping her there is damage control. She won't accomplish much (if anything). Putting DeLeon there is the move of a loose cannon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Old 10-16-2018, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
Another thread suggested letting De Leon win since he'll be a junior senator or something and have less power in committees as Feinstein does now.
He is young with a long lifespan, he will be there for ever, vote for her, she will die or stroke out or retire soon enough and we may get someone not as bad as leon to replace her.
Old 10-16-2018, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Have you been to the far flung places in Northern California, Redding included.
Not too far past Sacramento, discovery bay, Davis. That area. The Smug was so thick in Davis It was affecting my mood and making me agitated.
Old 10-17-2018, 3:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
For those suggesting a vote for DeLeon to get him out of the State and he would be a junior senator, weren't those the very same arguments posed in support of voting for Kamala Harris?
I remember those discussions, and look where this line of reasoning got us: Harris seems to be positioning for POTUS in 2020.

We gotta remember that politicians springboard up the ranks, so taking them out at the lower levels is crucial. It's all about dashing their hopes as early as possible.
Old 10-17-2018, 3:17 PM

Here's my take. Everything DiFi touches dies.

After the Newton shooting she took the reigns to guide congress to some new gun control...and failed miserably.

In the efforts to stall a Supreme Court Justice she still couldn't keep him from getting confirmed and now there is a newly minted justice on the court for the next 35 or so years with every reason to hate the Democratic Party.

She fails miserably at every cause she carries for her party.

If that isn't reason to keep her in office over another Democrat I don't know what is.

Also, I would rather have an old Senator who may retire at a point where we have a snowball's chance at getting a Republican in there than to just trade an old Dem for a young Dem.
Old 10-17-2018, 6:58 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
now there is a newly minted justice on the court for the next 35 or so years with every reason to hate the Democratic Party.
As long as he avoids rooms with pillows when visiting Hillary supporters

Quote: