Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 08-27-2018, 6:47 AM
Veteran Member

Default Cabela's Labor Day flier is up

How I use to look forward to C's new fliers, especially around holidays. Well, I can still look forward to them, but now, at least for me with shooting, there's nothing worth talking about. In fact, some of these "sales" are price reductions but only because of a rebate offered by the manufacturer. Sad. Just about everything can be had for much cheaper elsewhere, especially when you don't pay tax. Oh well, there's always Brownell's who are really making an all out effort to get my money.

And for the most part, succeeding.

https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cus...ailStoreFlyers
Old 08-27-2018, 7:01 AM

I agree. You can definitely tell by the latest sales that BP has taken a firm hand on C's sales. I doubt we will ever see any very good sales on ammo from C's again.
Old 08-27-2018, 7:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Yup, weak sauce sales. BP is refocusing Cabela's to fishing, their main business. I'm hoping to use my gift cards on one last hurrah on one last firearms-included sale. I'll see what Labor Day and Black Friday will hold for Cabela's fans. Otherwise it's a lot of bison burgers LOL

I'm also thinking of closing my Cabela's VISA account. Especially with anti-gun Citibank taking over Cabela's VISA business. Wonder which credit card company offers Brownells gift cards as a reward?

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 08-27-2018, 7:47 AM

Yeahs Cís sales a lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2018, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Yup, weak sauce sales. BP is refocusing Cabela's to fishing, their main business. I'm hoping to use my gift cards on one last hurrah on one last firearms-included sale. I'll see what Labor Day and Black Friday will hold for Cabela's fans. Otherwise it's a lot of bison burgers LOL

I'm also thinking of closing my Cabela's VISA account. Especially with anti-gun Citibank taking over Cabela's VISA business. Wonder which credit card company offers Brownells gift cards as a reward?
I'm hoping to use my cards on another Vortex scope or two, but it's doubtful if they will ever be on sale again at C's, esp. the ones I would buy. But if not on sale and having to pay tax, it's probably a "no sale" at C's.

BTW, when was the last time you saw CCI mini mags or sv's on sale at C's?? I would say 18-24 months ago.

Just as an example. Yep, shooting is dead at C's.

PS: My Costco Citi Bank card can be used, but then it's another Citi Bank.
Old 08-27-2018, 8:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
I'm hoping to use my cards on another Vortex scope or two, but it's doubtful if they will ever be on sale again at C's, esp. the ones I would buy. But if not on sale and having to pay tax, it's probably a "no sale" at C's.

BTW, when was the last time you saw CCI mini mags or sv's on sale at C's?? I would say 18-24 months ago.

My local Wally's has had Mini's for weeks. $7.47 before tax. Not the best price but available. The even had Stingers the other day.
Old 08-27-2018, 8:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Geek View Post
My local Wally's has had Mini's for weeks. $7.47 before tax. Not the best price but available. The even had Stingers the other day.
Yesterday, all weekend for that matter, Midway had the hp's for $5.23 delivered, to the free states that is, when you bought 19+ of them ($99+) with their free ship code. Expired last night. Brownell's has/had the 40 gr ones for $5.08 delivered when using their $150 code ($20 off & fs) and using AJ. Again, not too bad. Code has expired, but others are still up. Ammo, esp. 22lr, is plentiful and cheap.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/38...d-hollow-point
Old 08-27-2018, 8:49 AM
Veteran Member

I have a couple hundred dollars left in C's giftcards. Going to dump those at BF-Xmas time, hopefully there will be decent deals.
Old 08-27-2018, 8:54 AM

Got a feeling I might be dumping my Cabelas CC as well.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post

The red, white and blue SV's were on sale around the 4th. In store only, but by the time I got there some neckbeard already cleaned them out. Hope he gets 6-8 MOA from them

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
The red, white and blue SV's were on sale around the 4th. In store only, but by the time I got there some neckbeard already cleaned them out. Hope he gets 6-8 MOA from them
They are on sale for $13.93 at Midway shipped free over last weekend. There's a few places that have them as they didn't sell nearly as fast as the red/green Christmas ones. Some folks say they shoot fine. Of course they don't define what fine is. It is CCI, and even though their CS gave me a crock about how 3" is good, maybe I had a bad batch. Haven't shot the two replacement bricks yet. Maybe this week sometime.

It is garbage day tomorrow and it's a "dump" day also. Everything goes. Hence I'm working in the garage clearing out the "everything".
Old 08-27-2018, 12:31 PM

Location: I Live in a Silver Mine and I Call It Beggar's Tomb

I'm cursing Cabela's today. I realize most of you can't buy any ammo from C's, but I was looking forward to buying a 250 pack of UMC 38 Spl this morning at 25% off. So I look at it and 38 spl is the ONLY caliber that's not on sale. The ad doesn't say ALL UMC packs 25% off, so I don't really have a case to call customer service. 38 spl is all is want. That and 44 mag, but UMC packs don't come in that. I have $1200 in gift cards. There are guns I could buy at times, but their only AZ store is a 200 mile trip one way.

Wow, just got an email from C's that the 44 mag ammo I bought on the last 10% off day has shipped. Nice to know, since the FedEx man dropped it off 8 hours ago.

Last edited by shakyshoot; 08-27-2018 at 5:05 PM..
Old 08-27-2018, 1:18 PM
Calguns Addict

You'll have to learn to play the new game. Price matching is where it's at now. I'll always keep a small supply of gift cards, but not the amounts I used to keep.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bwiese: "You are making the assumption the law is reasonable/has rationale."
Old 08-27-2018, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakyshoot View Post
I'm cursing Cabela's today. I realize most of you can't buy any ammo from C's, but I was looking forward to buying a 250 pack of UMC 38 Spl this morning at 25% off. So I look at it and 38 spl is the ONLY caliber that's not on sale. The ad doesn't say ALL UMC packs 25% off, so I don't really have a case to call customer service. 38 spl is all is want. That and 44 mag, but UMC packs don't come in that. I have $1200 in gift cards. There are guns I could buy at times, but their only AZ store is a 200 mile trip one way.
Dove opener is Saturday!
Old 08-27-2018, 6:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiosKali View Post
Got a feeling I might be dumping my Cabelas CC as well.
Was thinking about that too. Just called and order some duck hunting products. Have a bunch of points because I used to use them on ammo. Iíll prob hold onto it for hunting gear.