Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 01-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Default Parrot Bebop Drone on Ebay $19.99

There are quite a few listings from different sellers. No feedback. Could be a scam. They are normally over 100 bucks. Here is an example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parrot-Bebo...torefresh=true

I put in an order with my Ebay Mastercard. If it is a scam, I'm covered.

This is the 1st generation Bebop, not the Bebop2.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

$20 with free shipping, zero feedback? Why even bother? I understand you’re covered if it’s a scam, but just the hassle of having to deal with it doesn’t seem worth it. Then again, it’s only 20, but I’m almost positive it’s not legit.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 AM

you probably should avoid the seller who has 0 feedback on a price of item you had indicated "too good to be true". but I guess every seller has to start at 0 at one time.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:15 AM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Listing has ended. There are more from zero feedback sellers, almost certainly scammers
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parrot-Bebo...a/282809777779

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 01-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

There have been several reputable re-sellers like TechRabbit, Yugster, and Amazon blowing out Parrot products for about 3 months. I picked up a Rolling Spider for $15 that normally retails for $120 and a Parrot Swing with a Flypad controller for $40. That combo usually retails for $150. Neither of those products are listed on the Parrot website.

I checked the Parrot.com site, and the Bebop isn't listed. It was last week, so I suspect they must have liquidated their inventory like they did with the Rolling Spider and Swing.

I will just have to wait and see if the Bebop is delivered next Tuesday or not.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2018, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

20 with free priority shipping, which will cost at least half that. So about $10 to seller, minus eBay fees? Well, good luck.
Old 01-15-2018, 2:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

And here's the catch now . . .

Shipping: Free Local Pickup | See details

Item location:
Wadsworth, Illinois, United States

Ships to:
Local pick-up only
Old 01-15-2018, 6:12 PM

And all those sellers just joined.

They also have a numerical value at the end of their name which for the sloppy buyer may appear to be feedback.

And last with local pickup only and no returns they will not be in violation of terms of auction when you do not go to Minnesota or where ever to pick it up. Good luck with that refund.

If you were local they would then have ebay dip into their account for a refund when they did not respond on where to pick up.

If anyone receives one I would be surprised but then again this would be a welcome surprise. I would buy a half a dozen at that price.

Shoot, at that price you could have them tow a target and do some anti-aircraft training

.....or fly an Albanian flag over a Serbian soccer team, or fly a portrait of a happy smilng president trump over a Pride March in San Francisco and let the riots begin.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...er+serbia+riot

I would wager 25 to 1 that this is a scam as my eBay Scam early warning radar immediately went off with a Defcon 1 alert.
Old 01-15-2018, 6:20 PM

TechRabbit usually has decent prices on refurbished and slightly used ones, all come with a one year warranty:

http://www.techrabbit.com/parrot-beb...ntpage-nosto-2

http://www.techrabbit.com/parrot-sno...ntpage-nosto-1

Last edited by Offshoreman; 01-15-2018 at 6:23 PM.. Reason: Added drone
Old 01-16-2018, 7:45 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassburnz View Post
There have been several reputable re-sellers like TechRabbit, Yugster, and Amazon blowing out Parrot products for about 3 months. I picked up a Rolling Spider for $15 that normally retails for $120 and a Parrot Swing with a Flypad controller for $40. That combo usually retails for $150. Neither of those products are listed on the Parrot website.

I checked the Parrot.com site, and the Bebop isn't listed. It was last week, so I suspect they must have liquidated their inventory like they did with the Rolling Spider and Swing.

I will just have to wait and see if the Bebop is delivered next Tuesday or not.
Here ya go for the Parrot website.
https://www.parrot.com/us/drones/parrot-bebop-2

The Bebop 2 is being replaced by the Bebop 2 Power model.
The combos that have been been blowing out with the SkyController 1 are last years-ish (2016) models that were prepacked combos that were new, old stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offshoreman View Post
TechRabbit usually has decent prices on refurbished and slightly used ones, all come with a one year warranty:

http://www.techrabbit.com/parrot-beb...ntpage-nosto-2

http://www.techrabbit.com/parrot-sno...ntpage-nosto-1
Similar controller (not included though if you read the details), and different, older quad (Bebop 1).

Last edited by Gregchico; 01-16-2018 at 7:56 AM..
Old 01-16-2018, 8:36 PM

I still think that if that $20 sale is valid we should all buy a few dozen then fly them over San Fran with a pic of the Donald with a cartoon balloon saying winning and flying it over a pride or illegal immigrant rally or one of those things an have it be at say 15 feet-just out of reach of a jump.....

That would be an appropriate use of a Drone that I approve of....
Old 01-17-2018, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I still think that if that $20 sale is valid we should all buy a few dozen then fly them over San Fran with a pic of the Donald with a cartoon balloon saying winning and flying it over a pride or illegal immigrant rally or one of those things an have it be at say 15 feet-just out of reach of a jump.....

Old 01-17-2018, 8:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post

Itís not valid. Even if OP gets a drone in the mail, I still say itís a scam! No way, no how!
Old 01-17-2018, 9:50 AM
Kitchen Operator
CGN Contributor

FWIW, while this is most definitely a scam, I did pick up one of the Bebop 2 drone/Skycontroller 1 Black combos which had been posted last week (the sale at B&H Photo for $239.95 shipped).

I flew RC airplanes for years and have raced RC trucks and cars at my local club as well, but have been out of flying and driving for many years now. I had also purchased and built an RC helicopter some years ago, but couldn't get myself to even try to fly it after all of the build hours I had in it (eventually sold it un-flown).

But I got my new Bebop 2 delivered on Monday and have now had a few flights with it around my property. What a total blast! Fun and easy to fly, and the video it records, while not being truly professional grade, is really nice for my purposes. Why didn't I get into the sooner!?!

So if you can find another deal like the B&H Photo one as they are clearing out the Bebop 2 old stock (now that Parrot has launched the new "Bebop Power" package), I say jump on it! Others in the post derided the Bebop 2 as a POS drone, but that's not what I am finding at all (maybe being new to drones my standards aren't quite as high as theirs).

Most of my shooting now is doing the Cowboy Action stuff, and I'm already picturing flying the drone down range (with some altitude...) to follow shooters as they run through the stage. I also see its use generating some video that can become part of our promotional piece as our range hosts the SASS Western Regional Championships every year. And having some fun with it when we go camping at Jalama Beach (if the winds are not too strong...). The possibilities are endless!