Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 5:00 PM

Default Revolver was not there ?

Went to pick up my 357 today at turners in Oxnard and it had been 11 wait and they didn't have it it was i stock wen I bought it what's the deal ? I am bummed they said they can have it by Monday afternoon
Old 11-30-2012, 5:36 PM

So where is it? You have to do another 10 day wait? A handgun is DROS'd with a Serial Number.
Old 11-30-2012, 6:11 PM

They said it was a error in the computer and it never got sent from the "warehouse" I hope not another 10 wait I will find out Monday
Old 11-30-2012, 6:17 PM

That is bull. It is DROS'd with a serial number. That gun should be in a safe waiting for you.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 11-30-2012, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
That is bull. It is DROS'd with a serial number. That gun should be in a safe waiting for you.
+1, cant do a DROS on a handgun without a serial number

"Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
- Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)
Old 11-30-2012, 6:25 PM

Hell yea that's all BS. That gun is yours.
Old 11-30-2012, 6:27 PM

That's what I thought to. Can they get a serial of the gun on the computer ? that was sitting in the warehouse ?
Old 11-30-2012, 6:45 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
it is sitting in a safe, at the Rancho warehouse or at one of the others stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 223556 View Post
+1, cant do a DROS on a handgun without a serial number
they did have a serial number to do the DROS, they got it from their company-wide inventory system.

And, if they made a mistake by typing in the wrong number, or accidentily double-selling that particular handgun, they can do a DROS correction with a new serial number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6789olds View Post
That's what I thought to. Can they get a serial of the gun on the computer ? that was sitting in the warehouse ?
yes they can, and yes they did.. unfortunately mistakes happen. When you have 10+ stores, stuff works differently than if you are a small time shop.

I'd ask for some sort of compensation, perhaps a box of ammo for your time.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 11-30-2012, 7:47 PM

They did that to me when I went to pick up my m22. I ended up taking the store model and correcting dros because I wanted my damn gun. Tried talking them in to a free box of ammo but no go. That's the only time I've walked out of turners with my gun but still pissed off.
Old 11-30-2012, 7:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I'd ask for some sort of compensation, perhaps a box of ammo for your time.
This, at least.

As a customer, you expect the retailer to not only provide a product for you to buy, but to have it ready at the promised time - especially if they add an extra 24 hours to the wait period.

It's bad enough that the State forces us into making two trips to the shop to make a purchase. But forcing you to make a 3rd trip is simply not acceptable. Take your hourly wage rate, multiply it by the time it takes you to drive to the shop and then home. That's the amount of your time & money they wasted. That doesn't include the cost of fuel either.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Calguns Addict

a box of ammo????

uhh try more then that or the sale is canceled ...

i have no mercy for screwups in this age and day....

i would say give me more then a box of cheap ammo, i would say give me 2 or 3 boxes.they screwed up and hence they screwed you.
i have screwed up in deals before and i ate it and gave what was right and so should turners.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
i have no mercy for screwups in this age and day....
and i bet your a wonderful customer to deal with, being a perfect as you are..
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 12-01-2012, 6:57 AM

Due to a change in their delivery route, weapons not showing up on the day of the pick up is becoming a rather frequent occurrence at Turner's these days : "Wasted trip - Torrance store".

Calling ahead to make sure the item has arrived is the best way to go (though hard to do if one is going right as the store opens).
Old 12-01-2012, 1:08 PM

I have always called ahead the day before to avoid this. Not that it would make it okay if I did save a trip by calling and they said it wasn't there, but it would be a bit less aggravating.
Old 12-01-2012, 9:05 PM

Jst to be devil advocate, it is nice that Turner's has a large warehouse so there is a larger selection of gun available to purchase even though they are not physically present at the store. I was able to get a Saiga 7.62 for $399 because of this during their grand opening. Sorry you had to wait, Hope you got a good deal.
Old 12-01-2012, 9:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham View Post
nope.

i am a pure jerk, as i expect that the service i paid for and item i paid for to be accurate and delivered on time.when a business screws up i expect them to own it,when i screw up i own also.

motto: of business should be customer service is a priority not a tampon
Old 12-02-2012, 3:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham View Post
So you think customers should just take it in the shorts instead?

Seriously, my time is worth something and any retailer should know that. If I order something and it's promised to arrive a week from Tuesday, but doesn't arrive, I expect something to be done to compensate me for my time and/or needing to reschedule my plans.

If you order a car part at an auto parts house and you botch the part number (you get an oil pump instead of a water pump) who do you blame? Yourself, as you provided the part number. But if the dyslexic counter-clerk botches the order, I expect the parts house to offer some sort of compensation for the error -- a discount on the item at the very least¹.

In the case of Turner's, no doubt they've paid for expensive software and computer servers to manage their inventory. Somewhere they have paid programmers to help customize some of that software to their needs. Somewhere there is a manager who oversees this software and another responsible for the smooth operation of the warehousing. Corporate management is responsible for educating & training staff to use it properly. If you're thinking this takes tens of thousands of dollars you're wrong. It usually takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to implement and roll out to a chain.

And you, the customer, are funding that project through the prices they charge for products sold. You have a right to expect them to execute their business plan to serve the customer's needs as well as to make a profit for the business. In my business (I/T) we refer to the 80/20 rule. Initially the results will satisfy 80% of the customers flawlessly and 20% will experience some kind of problem. After implementation you work to reduce that 20% down to about 5%. That will cost you money internally and it will cost you money in customer good-will by compensating them for the problems they face. If you fail to compensate the customer for company errors you lose that good-will (usually ten-fold as they tell others about their bad experience).

In the long run, it is usually much cheaper to "write off" $50 of product to customer good-will than it is to screw the customer and pinch pennies (for the store's P&L)². You'll end up with a customer who believes you stand by your promises and owns up to clerical errors honestly. He's likely to be back more often.

¹ The same applies if you tell a mechanic to replace the water pump in your car, but the problem is a bad thermostat. If you ask him to diagnose and repair, then the error is on him. You pay for the water pump (it's a new part) but he has to eat the labor for the pump and possibly the labor to install the thermostat. You're paying him for his "expertise" to diagnose and if he's wrong, he should pay for it, not you.
²There are limits, of course. If the customer is buying a $9.95 item the cost of the good-will exchange may be a 15% discount or tossing in an item who's cost is the equivalent.
Old 12-02-2012, 9:32 AM

it does not matter if a vendor has 1 store or 100 stores, mistakes will happen from time to time. what matter is how mistakes are taken care of...
Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

This is no mistake. That's how turners sells firearms. They sell stuff they don't have in house and commonly double sell serial
Numbers because their system is a piece of ****. I see a thread every week and I've also had my share of where the **** is my firearm, turners? ....
Old 12-02-2012, 9:14 PM

I know someone who has bought MANY firearms from Turners over the years from many different stores. Never once an issue with not getting correct firearms at pick up time, even with stuff coming from other stores or warehouse.

One thing to keep in mind is to check over everything before leaving the store. There were a couple instances where a screw was missing or wrong muzzle break came from manufacturer, and it took awhile to get resolved.

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 12-03-2012, 9:26 AM

Quit *****ing.
Old 12-03-2012, 6:02 PM

Just got home from turners and my gun was not there they double sold it to another store :-( but they did sell me the display model for 60$off and its in new Condition
Old 12-03-2012, 7:04 PM

i'm glad you got your piece... looked like some people were going to occupy oxnard store ;-)
Old 12-03-2012, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6789olds View Post
Just got home from turners and my gun was not there they double sold it to another store :-( but they did sell me the display model for 60$off and its in new Condition
Did they ever give you the option of a full cash refund?
Old 12-04-2012, 7:07 PM

Sound like they tried to make it right and you are happy. Seems like more people not involved in this are more upset than you were. Turner's is what it is, a retail chain. Sound like intermittent mistakes can happen with chain stores, but you also are getting good deals. That is the compromise you make. Pay a lil more and get more specialized service at a M & P store.
Old 12-04-2012, 7:12 PM

They did offer a full refund option .
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 PM

They triple sold a serial number when I purchased a firearm from them not long ago. This is not an isolated incident for Turner's it's the norm ...
Old 12-08-2012, 8:04 PM

Got a call from one of the managers of the Orange store yesterday that the 10/22 I bought didn't make the truck and wouldn't be there for my pickup date which is Tuesday. A little frustrating but I am glad that the manager proactively called me. If it doesn't make the next truck on Thursday I am going to be pissed though.
Old 12-09-2012, 8:59 AM

WC store will call to remind buyers their firearms are ready to be picked up after 10 days wait.

how's that for customer service???

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM

I spent almost 2 hours at the oxnard store picking up my SKS and stripped lower which had been DROS'd on the same form.

The employee's had no idea what they were doing after failing to find some mysterious store invoice, and in the end printed up duplicates of everything and made me fill out another DROS form for one of the guns. Luckily I did not pay for this DROS or have to wait, I still was able to leave with my new toys.

The employee's DEFINITELY need a thorough training before they are allowed to deal with customers. All 4 employee's that were working that evening got involved to look for their own paperwork. They looked behind the gun counter in 2 different bins, up at the cash register in another couple of bins, in the back, etc.

It's not that complicated, DROS in progress should be in one file cabinet in the back, DROS completed waiting for pickup in another, and DROS for long term storage once completed binned by month. I fail to understand what made the process so difficult for them.
Old 12-13-2012, 8:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind View Post
I spent almost 2 hours at the oxnard store picking up my SKS and stripped lower which had been DROS'd on the same form.

The employee's had no idea what they were doing after failing to find some mysterious store invoice, and in the end printed up duplicates of everything and made me fill out another DROS form for one of the guns. Luckily I did not pay for this DROS or have to wait, I still was able to leave with my new toys.

The employee's DEFINITELY need a thorough training before they are allowed to deal with customers. All 4 employee's that were working that evening got involved to look for their own paperwork. They looked behind the gun counter in 2 different bins, up at the cash register in another couple of bins, in the back, etc.

It's not that complicated, DROS in progress should be in one file cabinet in the back, DROS completed waiting for pickup in another, and DROS for long term storage once completed binned by month. I fail to understand what made the process so difficult for them.
classic turners. gotta love the service.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatzmaru View Post
classic turners. gotta love the service.
not all Turner's are the same & not all Turner's employees are either..
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind View Post

oxnard is newest in the chain... also, turners will make buyers fill out one 4473 for each long gun/lower, eventhough they only submitted one DROS, unlike all other FFLs...
Old 12-19-2012, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4D View Post
This is no mistake. That's how turners sells firearms. They sell stuff they don't have in house and commonly double sell serial
Numbers because their system is a piece of ****. I see a thread every week and I've also had my share of where the **** is my firearm, turners? ....
Ditto when I went to pickup my 10/22 breakdown. They had to correct the serial number with more paperwork on their end. Seemed like the dude took 30 minutes to look for the right gun. I'm picking up my mp15 sport on Friday and I hope this doesn't happen. Especially since I know it'll probably be busy.