Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 01-17-2018, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
No, because the eastern CA would be land locked. It needs a port.
I concur. A port is necessary indeed. Port of Sac may not be enough. Need a much larger one since the eastern part of the New American California is a much much larger territory.
Old 01-17-2018, 9:24 PM

new boss will be same as the old boss
Old 01-18-2018, 7:35 AM

Quote:
That's going to be a problem. I'm leaning towards what others are saying; the new state will also be blue in terms of reps at the federal level.
"Liberty isn't going to come by trying to take over Washington DC, or the republican party, or the democratic party, or your state caucus or a national convention. There is no “lesser of two evils.” They’re all evil."
Michael Boldin
TAC
http://www.selfgovernment.us
Old 01-18-2018, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Everything comes through Contra Costa County! I can see the water from my house, and I’d be fine with a port in the North part of the Bay.
Old 01-18-2018, 8:00 AM

You guys seem to be missing the fact that there is nothing in the proposed constitution that protects the right to keep and bear arms.
I have just reviewed which current districts are dem or repub and it looks to me that New California at best would be a swing state and could easily be a solid blue state. Especially if some of the liberals move to New California.
A question for the Jefferson folks is that if you are so conservative why are you electing dems to congress and state offices?
Old 01-18-2018, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickri View Post
You guys seem to be missing the fact that there is nothing in the proposed constitution that protects the right to keep and bear arms.
I have just reviewed which current districts are dem or repub and it looks to me that New California at best would be a swing state and could easily be a solid blue state. Especially if some of the liberals move to New California.
A question for the Jefferson folks is that if you are so conservative why are you electing dems to congress and state offices?
Not sure your assessment is correct of out voting records where I come from. In the last election my county voted over 70% for Trump. As to the State Offices many times we have no choices because both candidates are Dems in many cases. The biggest problem I see is California is a winner takes all State for the electoral college so our vote never counts.
Old 01-18-2018, 8:53 AM

/\ THIS! winner take all and the "top two" have really screwed the conservatives in this state. By design...
Old 01-18-2018, 9:48 AM

Repub's need to be more focused on the number of candidates in the primaries. And the candidates have to be very moderate. If you have multiple candidates running then the vote gets split up and nobody makes the top two. I know it is impossible to keep people from running for office. But if the repub's stood behind one candidate in each district there is a better chance of getting a conservative repub on the ballot. To win the game you need to make the rules work in your favor.

Still no response from the New California folks about the lack of the right to keep and bear arms in their proposed constitution.

All of coastal California is heavily democratic. All the way to the northern broader. The sea ports along the northern coast are marginal at best. No loss if those northern coastal counties stay in California. The proposition that spawned the coastal commission had it's birth in Mendocino county where a bunch of environmentalist tried to stop a major development that would have blocked access to miles of coastline. So keeping those democratic strongholds does nothing for New California's alleged conservative claims.
Old 01-18-2018, 9:38 PM

The right to keep and bear arms is important; it cannot be left out.

New California needs plentiful free access to the Pacific, not just via Contra Costa.
The commies might try to blockade the Golden Gate. The northern coast, or the southern coast, or both?

It might be more 'fun' cutting-off Commifornia from Mexico... I'm just throwing it out there.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 PM

I like it... Looks about right. I'm in!
Old 01-18-2018, 10:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabefree View Post
Not sure your assessment is correct of out voting records where I come from. In the last election my county voted over 70% for Trump. As to the State Offices many times we have no choices because both candidates are Dems in many cases. The biggest problem I see is California is a winner takes all State for the electoral college so our vote never counts.
I don't get it
If both candidates for state offices (I mean assembly and senate) are dems then that means there aren't enough votes to get a Republican/Conservative to the finals.
What gives?
Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 PM

forget the map as it is going to change when all the smoke clears away and the powers to be get down to splitting us up if we get that far. You would be better working on friendly outside sources outside the state and bringing them in on our side so we can have some clout in the decision making about who goes where. Not everyone is going to be happy but then nobody is happy after a "war" involving rights and survival. maintaining the rights help us survive but we can't have rights unless we survive and are more than willing to create a world class embarrassment to this country and this state by actually taking up arms to keep what we consider critical to individual survival. are you willing to do that or is this all BS talk? And don't be surprised if you find first time legal immigrants lining up beside us because they know how important it is and they do not want to have to flee again from dictators. We are no different than Russia right now and all the ammo and guns will not do you any good unless you have the resolve to use them when it becomes obvious more civilized methods will not work to protect our rights. Everybody says they are in and will talk it to death but who honestly has the resolve and the courage to actually fight for as long as it takes to win by any means possible when legitimate courses of action have been denied to you? When do you quit being posers and become patriots and please don't give me garbage about being legal? Where has legal gotten you so far when the deck is seriously stacked against you?

Last edited by warbird; 01-18-2018 at 10:27 PM..
Old 01-19-2018, 11:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This would make more sense:
Old 01-19-2018, 11:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I got just one question.
How are you going to get all those criminals who cook meth out of the Northern area and Central Valley, and into the blue part?
Ain't gonna happen.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx20mm View Post
Yay! I could be included
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
I got just one question.
How are you going to get all those criminals who cook meth out of the Northern area and Central Valley, and into the blue part?
Ain't gonna happen.
Stop giving them handouts and making their lives easy.
When arrested give them one way bus tickets to old CA like the sheethole cities do with their homeless?
Old 01-19-2018, 12:55 PM
Calguns Addict

California is set for two outcomes; either it is going to be divided one or more times, or it is going to collapse under the weight of the size of government and its debt.

I do not support the division of California if it means we now have two states where urban progressives tell rural areas how they are going to live. It appears that this New California movement is highly susceptible to this prospect-- Id rather see California continue as a dumpster fire, than for legislative stupidity to reproduce.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01-20-2018, 8:15 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Cali really needs to be 4-5 pieces with SF and Los Angeles being their own DC type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
I got just one question.
Ain't gonna happen.
I'd rather have meth cooking citizens than illegal aliens popping out anchor babies. At least they are working stiffs.
Old 01-20-2018, 8:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Have fun with all of that, we're in Arizona in three years.
Old 01-21-2018, 6:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

No, it would make no sense whatsoever. Sacramento, Nevada City, Grass Valley, Davis, Eldorado County, etc....all liberal.

It would undermine the whole intent of creating a conservative spin off of California.

Quote:

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 01-21-2018, 6:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
Cali really needs to be 4-5 pieces with SF and Los Angeles being their own DC type of thing.[snip]
By "DC type of thing", do you mean taxation without representation? I like that idea; they like taxes, I don't like being represented by the likes of them. Of course that will never fly, but since we're all fantasizing
Old 01-22-2018, 11:17 PM

I spent some time on their website... these guys seem legit, at least in the sense that they have a plan and timelines that they are working from. Interesting to see where this goes.

As for all of the people worried about the lack of a “Right to Keep and Bear Arms” stance, I’m wondering what some of the current free states (Idaho, Texas, etc.) have in their articles of statehood (or whatever it’s called) that specifically calls out their RKBA? Can we just assume that, since they don’t say “we’re going to be jack-asses like California and ban all weapons,” that they will follow the Constitution and apply the 2nd Amendment accordingly?
Old 01-23-2018, 3:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This article seems to give a pretty good run down of what each state says about the 2nd.

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/LawRev/W...tionsTeach.htm

Quote:
[snip]At least regarding gun rights, modern Americans speak the same language as the founders. Since 1963, the people of Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin have chosen, either through their legislature or through a direct vote, to add a right to arms to their state constitution, to re-adopt the right to arms, or to strengthen an existing right. In every state where the people have had the opportunity to vote directly, they have voted for the right to arms by overwhelming margins.[snip]
Old 01-23-2018, 4:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Did anyone notice what color they chose for that new state ?
Old 01-23-2018, 6:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
This article seems to give a pretty good run down of what each state says about the 2nd.

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/LawRev/W...tionsTeach.htm
This is a great link. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2018, 7:25 AM

Quote:
It might, IF the idjits who drew the map could put LA in it's own county instead of mine. It's bad enough I live next door and have to deal with the trash they throw over the fence, I don't want them partying in my yard thinking it's theirs.

I've said it many times, California needs to be THREE separate States. NorCal, Central Cal, and So Cal.

NorCal's lower border would be the I80 from Reno to Sac (and including Sac) then following the delta and splitting the bay.

CenCal's lower border would be the top edges of San Bernardino, Kern, and San Luis Obispo Counties. So Cal would be everything below that.

This would split the high population density cities to allow the rural areas to be more equal in their representation. Each new State would have access to ports for commerce and trade. This establishes tax revenues to continue vital governmental operations. Also, through these boundaries, the individual States could shape their politics and populace according to local values rather than imposing them wholesale on those who don't share those same outlooks because they are too different in climate, ideology, and resources. Interstate cooperation in the form of water rights and pipelines could be worked out according to Federal rules and guidelines.

It's do-able, but the numbskulls who can't locate something as LARGE as Los Angeles accurately on a map won't be the ones who can ever make it happen.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

There is no "I" in Team; no "Me" in sports; no "You" in life. However, there's a ton of "Wheeeeee!" on roller coasters.

Last edited by rplaw; 01-23-2018 at 7:29 AM..
Old 01-23-2018, 7:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

DOA. Congress will NEVER allow this power splitting.

Next?
Old 01-23-2018, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
DOA. Congress will NEVER allow this power splitting.

Next?
The viability would depend on how earnest the people are to make it happen. Cardboard signs on bridges won't do anything. An official delegation from all 3 proposed States to DC might.

This would be a high-level business deal. If the people want it, they have to consider EVERYTHING and act accordingly.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

There is no "I" in Team; no "Me" in sports; no "You" in life. However, there's a ton of "Wheeeeee!" on roller coasters.
Old 01-23-2018, 8:32 AM

I wish...
Old 01-23-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
It might, IF the idjits who drew the map could put LA in it's own county instead of mine. It's bad enough I live next door and have to deal with the trash they throw over the fence, I don't want them partying in my yard thinking it's theirs.
Ventura or Orange?

Quote:
I've said it many times, California needs to be THREE separate States. NorCal, Central Cal, and So Cal.
Maybe, see my response below

Quote:
It's do-able, but the numbskulls who can't locate something as LARGE as Los Angeles accurately on a map won't be the ones who can ever make it happen.
I don't know about NoCal, but Central and So Cal would be blue. Why would the powers that be want that? They wouldn't because it would dilute their power. New California may just be the last hope for a peaceful resolution to the growing animosity towards the current state of affairs.

I've reached out to the New Cal people, asking them to contact Carson City NV about including northern Nevada into NewCal.
"Liberty isn't going to come by trying to take over Washington DC, or the republican party, or the democratic party, or your state caucus or a national convention. There is no “lesser of two evils.” They’re all evil."
Michael Boldin
TAC
http://www.selfgovernment.us
Old 01-24-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollme View Post
Ventura or Orange?

Maybe, see my response below

I don't know about NoCal, but Central and So Cal would be blue. Why would the powers that be want that? They wouldn't because it would dilute their power. New California may just be the last hope for a peaceful resolution to the growing animosity towards the current state of affairs.

I've reached out to the New Cal people, asking them to contact Carson City NV about including northern Nevada into NewCal.
CenCal would be purple trending blue. NorCal would be solid red. SoCal would be solid blue because the population density of Los Angeles would control the Districting. This would actually conform to the particular ideology of each geographic region based on population and the makeup of the residents.

It would be the new State Constitutions which would show the intentions and ideologies of the ruling legislative bodies. And how they were created as to how the State would be run (legislative tyranny or equitable rule of law).

It's actually a reasonable compromise. Which is why it'll never happen unless the people decide to send a serious delegation to Washington about it. And even then, it won't happen in my lifetime without violence.

Ventura. Orange is just as bad as LA. Only with more money to throw louder and more expensive parties while forgetting to clean up afterwards.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Finally somebody included SD. Home of one of the largest navy bases, marine corp, and marine air corp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 7:53 AM

Never got a response about their proposed constitution not including a right to keep and bear arms. The more I look at their proposed New California the more it looks like an attempt to create another solid blue state.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 01-28-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
That doesn’t help me down here in CoCoCo.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
That doesn’t help me down here in CoCoCo.
New California does nothing to help the people in Jefferson
Old 01-29-2018, 6:16 PM

Quote:
New California does nothing to help the people in Jefferson
Yea it would... removing San Francisco, LA, and all the liberals in between on the coast would be a HUGE change. New California may still not be as conservative as you want (or ad much of a change as you want), but it definitely does more for you than Jefferson would do for me and most people here.
Old 01-29-2018, 7:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
Yea it would... removing San Francisco, LA, and all the liberals in between on the coast would be a HUGE change. New California may still not be as conservative as you want (or ad much of a change as you want), but it definitely does more for you than Jefferson would do for me and most people here.
That's why your county and the rest of the counties that want to should sign on to the New California, but not lump in a bunch of counties that already have their own thing going. Maybe state split into three, Commie California, New California and Jefferson
Old 01-29-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Maybe state split into three, Commie California, New California and Jefferson
I’m not against that, although I’d rather include the red Jefferson counties instead of a purple’ish New California.
Old 02-07-2018, 6:17 AM

I wouldnt mind losing the beaches but we have to have unrestricted access to port activities and ingress/egress both in the north and south. So that second map wont work.

I have zero faith in the plan but would vote for it just to stir the pot.
Old 02-07-2018, 9:28 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

This is Easter Bunny-level fantasy.