Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms > Rimfire Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Gallery Post pictures of your rimfire rifles and handguns here!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 PM

Being optimistic, i will have the stock worked on, I will clean the shti out of the barrel, polish the ramp, and use clean ammo. The things a toy,but I can still dead-eye at the back wall of the range with iron sights only.

What are you guys doing with those optics??? The drop just doesn't make sense, even with a crappy scope.

Im being such a delight right now, I know. Apologies.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM

I'm sorry you are having such a poor experience with the MK22, that is odd that the flash suppressor wasn't even attached to the gun and that they cannot find one to send you. My MK22 is running flawlessly and hasn't had any issues yet, except one magazine started to fall apart (lock tite and it's good to go). I've tested CCI Blazer and Walmart's Federal bulk pack with about 4-5 out of 300 rounds fail to eject, so it has been pretty consistent throughout.

http://www.issc.at/
Here is the new information for ISSC and their current USA distributor Legacy Sports. They have an email for support at that website and I think there is also live chat on some days. I'm pretty sure there is a 1-2 year warranty on the ISSC MK22 so you might be in luck.
Old 03-01-2012, 5:25 PM

Thank you for your kindness. Right now my rifle is in the dungeons of some gunsmith who is poised to drill holes around that main bolt inside the folding mechanism. If anyone has a step by step of how to re-activate the folding stock release button, please let me know.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

wow, what a tale. Good luck with getting everything on the up and up.

I thought about picking one of these up for when I dont want (read: cant afford) to shoot my 17S, but more and more I think I'll stick to my 15-22

disclaimer:
everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice
Old 03-24-2012, 8:10 PM

Default Updates to "compliance" issues

So I haven't checked in here for a while. As I said after about 500 rounds with misfeeds in almost ever single 10-round mag and the frustration of my missing flash hider and locked down stock, I left the rifle with the gunsmith at the range. Its been well over a month and the guy just refuses to mess with it anymore. So now Im faced with a couple choices: 1. seek a replacement from ISSC. 2 suck it up and shoot clean ammo, forget about folding the damn thing, maybe get a flash suppressor from the manufacturer or somewhere else.

The way I see it, since the point (to me) among other pluses, of owning a rim-fire rifle, is that its not so tightly regulated, and I feel that a stern letter to ISSC might get me a replacement. The problem is, none of their listed contacts work.

So what I want to knwo is: 1. Does anyone in CA have a fully functional stock with flash suppressor, and how did you get it?

2. Does anyone have contact info for ISSC that works?

3. Does anyone know hoe to get a flash hider separately? Or a fake Can?

4. Did anyone experience misfeeds in the "break-in" period? Does the rfle need to be dripping wet or what?

I think if I go ta replacement Id go with desert this time, btw.

Thanks for listening to my whining.
Old 03-28-2012, 8:58 PM

Lightbulb

mike weisser the original importer went through a legal dispute w/issc spring of last year. he really made it rough for issc via his brash tone w/customer service & had many non repaired issues left unresolved til being imported via another company. since then legacysports has bought the import rights etc. ie. they're now n. american distributor. i had a desert sand mk22 that had multiple problems, most of which had to do w/wrong set up, a non flash hider tip, non extendable, non folding rear stock. the firing pin wasn't hitting hard enough. as a result of doing business w/weisser there were some 50 units left un repaired in limbo til legacy sports got involved & sorted it all out. for awhile there was NO ONE to contact other than going directly to austria company for service support. even when trying to help me get my rifle sorted they had returns back from the exportation offices in austria, or @ least that's what i was told. our gov't was concerned, that w/the correct parts, rifle could be fairly easily converted into a nato or more powerful round a.r.

for parts
http://www.legacysports.com/#

ISSC Repairs & i'm almost certain yours should still be under warranty... you should only have to pay for shipping to, but not from. they won't consider replacement @ all. so don't even bother trying. also, try as you might, they WILL NOT pay for any portion of shipping other than return & will not give away accessories for covering your $$ lost due to having to ship in for service. i also have one of their 1st load of importated mk22s in black that eats & shoots pretty much anything i feed it. whereas my desert sand wouldn't shoot more than a couple of rounds before mis feeding. had tons of ftf/fte & firing pin spring didn't seem strong enough to put a sufficient dent to fire the rimfire ammo.

i ended up emailing & speaking w/john anderson @ legacy & he referred me to sportsworld for repair service. JAnderson@legacysports.com
i'd suggest an email & ask him how you should proceed.

John Anderson
Director of Operations
Legacy Sports International, LLC
+1 775 828 0555 ext 12

for warranty repair service contact sportsworld tulsa (i shipped ups ground & it wasn't too expensive shipping to tulsa)
Sports World, Inc.
6841 East 41st Street,
Tulsa, OK 74145
Email: parts@sportsworldtulsa.com
Phone: 918-742-4027
Fax: 918-742-3981

i used to own 2 pistols & 2 mk22s all made by issc. due to having such a negative experience, even mr. anderson became kind of abrasive after a few emails & phone calls were exchanged. also they were trying to complain that due to weisser they had inherited 'all these problems'. which really meant nothing to me, other than just another 'excuse', as they knew what they were buying into prior to buying the importation rights.
i felt they should of definitely been more accommodating for customers that had purchased brand new product only to have various problems from day 1. ie. having to pay for shipping on something that was special ordered via my dealer & shouldn't of needed repairs straight out of the box; was the last straw for me. i still have my extremely accurate & eats any ammo mk22 in black; but got rid of everything else they produce. you are essentially buying german sports group that has a different name on it. after anderson became tired of dealing w/me, i decided i too, was tired of dealing w/them. ironically, something as inexpensive as an extra magazine, might of left me feeling differently & more supported vs. paying for shipping & just losing that $$$ for no fault of my own.

i also had a proper flash suppressor/bird cage, shipped directly to me, either last week of feb or 1st week of this month; so they should have more than one available. initially mr. anderson told me to buy a gsg-m5 clone flash suppressor, but i didn't feel i should have to buy another just cause the wrong one was installed ie. the error was theirs not mine. the online description wasn't accurate so i mistakenly ordered a california version (my residence is n.w. & own property in cali) expecting a shorter magazine, similar to 10 shot mag for sig 522.
my dealer spoke to anderson directly for me @ shot show. & again they explained all the 'inherited issues' & felt that i should be more understanding of their position regarding repair & having to pay for shipping for said repairs. i understand & have decided to do business w/another importer.
ati imports for gsg, the new hk clone is made by gsg.
http://www.americantactical.us/9/catalog.html

ati might not currently have a scar clone available but would expect them to release something similar w/in next few years if not sooner

race/ride support 2013 & beyond

"....can't stop stupid sir, i can only slow it down"

)))NRA Member For Life(((

Last edited by dodge; 03-28-2012 at 9:02 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Default Wisconsin MK22

Have occupied myself with getting the MK22 back to what was originally intended. Here's what's possible, and it works as good as it looks.

Of course, Wisconsin has none of the goofy Peoples Republik of Kalifornia restrictions on military type firearms. You Left Coast guys have my sympathy.

Here is a link to the MK22 thread on FNforum. My intent is to help members suffering with a screwed up rifle, not to break a rule on this forum. If you take the time to read through the ISSC thread over there, you'll learn everything you need to know to get your MK22 working.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-16...ies-etc-3.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0523a.jpg (98.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0520b.jpg (105.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0523b.jpg (105.8 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by vhinze; 04-01-2012 at 8:07 PM..
Old 12-01-2015, 6:03 AM

I know this is an old thread but, I just bought a California model and was wondering how to remove the brake on the end. Does it screw off or is it attached some other way? Don't want to mess up my barrel without getting a little help first. I live in the "Free State of Florida" and can have those "evil" flash suppressors! Thanks