Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 03-14-2018, 3:29 PM

I saw Travis Allen speak in Oceanside last Saturday. He's on our side and is the only one that has a chance of winning. Cox needs to drop out or we're going to have to choose between two Democrats.
Old 03-15-2018, 8:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

He won't make the ballot here even if he's the only rep running. I'm registered declined to state so I don't even see a rep on a ballot at all anymore here in one party California.
Old 03-21-2018, 4:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Couple more recent emails I have received:
Quote:
TOM McCLINTOCK
ENDORSES TRAVIS ALLEN

STAND WITH
TOM AND TRAVIS!

Aaron,

I am honored to announce that conservative Congressman Tom McClintock has endorsed me to be the next Governor of California.

Congressman McClintock joins Congressmen Ed Royce and Dana Rohrabacher, Board of Equalization Chairwoman Diane Harkey, a dozen conservative state legislators, the California Republican Assembly, and many county party and local conservative organizations in supporting our campaign.

Here's what the Congressman had to say as he endorsed our campaign to Take Back California:

"California needs a leader that will fight for us. Travis Allen is a proven conservative leader. From his leadership in repealing the gas tax to building the largest grassroots volunteer organization, he has shown that he is dedicated to stopping the special interest elites and bringing prosperity back to all Californians."
- Congressman Tom McClintock

Tom McClintock has dedicated his life to fighting for the people of California. Over a lifetime of service, he has been the Republican leader that we could always count on to do the right thing by standing up for liberty and conservative principles.

California desperately needs more leaders like Tom McClintock. And I promise to take that same conservative fighting spirit to Sacramento.

Will you follow Tom McClintock's lead and support my campaign to take back Sacramento by making a contribution of $25, $50, $75, $100 or even more today?

Thanks,

Travis Allen

STAND WITH
TOM AND TRAVIS!

Quote:
Travis Allen for Governor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 19, 2018
(949) 375-0856‬

Mariposa County Republican Party is Fifth County Party to Endorse Travis Allen For Governor

SACRAMENTO - Today, Assemblyman Travis Allen (R-Huntington Beach) announced that the Mariposa County Republican Central Committee unanimously voted to endorse his candidacy for California Governor.

The Mariposa County is the fifth Republican Central Committee to endorse Travis Allen for Governor. In addition to Mariposa County, Travis Allen is also endorsed by the Republican Parties of Amador, El Dorado, Nevada, and San Benito counties.

"I am honored to receive the support of Mariposa County Republican Central Committee," said Travis Allen. "The men and women of the Mariposa Republican party are dedicated to fighting for the people of California and common sense conservative values," said Allen. "Republicans need a candidate at the top of the ticket that will fight for us. We cannot nominate another candidate for Governor that is embarrassed to be associated with the Republican brand and values," said Mariposa GOP Chairman Rich Westfall. "Travis Allen has a strong record of standing for hard working Californians. He led the fight to repeal the gas tax and he is one of the loudest voices in Sacramento against the Democrats' soft on crime policies," finished Westfield.

Travis Allen, the proven conservative in the California Governor's race, has a five point plan for California: 1) Cut taxes for all Californians; 2) Get tough on crime to protect California's families, not criminals; 3) Fix our roads and reduce traffic by spending our existing tax revenue for high quality roads, not high speed rail; 4) Once again provide the best education in America by giving our children safe schools and charter schools; and 5) Complete the State Water Project to provide water storage that will preserve the Delta and supply water to California's farms, suburbs, and cities.
Old 03-22-2018, 8:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

If the republican party would allow declined to state voters to vote for republican candidates that might help them win.

Instead they let the dems put their candidates on my ballot alone. The California republican party is suicidal.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Petition to opt out of sanctuary status

Quote:

Aaron,

Jerry Brown's sanctuary state is simply illegal, and it is time for Californians to do something about it!

The City of Los Alamitos, which I have the honor of representing in the State Assembly, just became the first city to opt out of the sanctuary state.

If California can opt out of federal immigration law, then our cities can opt out of California's illegal sanctuary state law.

I have been fighting California's illegal sanctuary city and state policies for years, and have even introduced two pieces of legislation in the State Assembly to 1) defund sanctuary cities and 2) reverse the sanctuary state.

Earlier this year, I went on FOX News and called on U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions to come to California and prosecute Jerry Brown and Xavier Becerra for obstruction of justice.

And this month, Sessions finally announced his lawsuit against California over the sanctuary state.

Now, a brave city in my Assembly District has led the charge to throw off this illegal and dangerous policy, and we need other cities around the state to do the same.

Please join me and the City of Los Alamitos today!

Thank you for fighting with me to Take Back California!

- Travis Allen

SIGN THE
PETITION!
Old 03-26-2018, 11:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

More emails...still no view on web link.

Seems his donor base is significantly larger than previous Republican gubernatorial candidates, I have not researched to see how accurate his statement is though.

Quote:
March 26, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(949) 910-5839

Republican Candidate for Governor Travis Allen
Raises Over One Million Dollars From Over 12,000 Contributors

SACRAMENTO – Today, Assemblyman Travis Allen (R-Huntington Beach) announced that his campaign for Governor has raised more than one million dollars from over 12,000 contributors. Hiting this significant campaign milestone is evidence of the deep support that the Allen campaign has built across the state among everyday Californians.

Allen built a donor base that outclasses other Republican gubernatorial candidates by order of magnitude. The previous two GOP candidates for Governor, Neel Kashkari and Tim Donnelly, received support from 1,372 and 2,432 donors, respectively.

“I am humbled by this outpouring of support from ordinary Californians who simply want to once again make California the greatest place to live in the nation,” said Travis Allen.

“The Republican establishment has ignored the needs of Californians for far too long, catering instead to rich or celebrity candidates,” said Allen. “Our campaign clearly demonstrates that if you stand up for hardworking Californians, they will have your back and together we will Take Back California.”

Travis Allen, the proven conservative in the California Governor's race, has a five point plan for California: 1) Cut taxes for all Californians; 2) Get tough on crime to protect California’s families, not criminals; 3) Fix our roads and reduce traffic by spending our existing tax revenue for high quality roads, not high speed rail; 4) Once again provide the best education in America by giving our children safe schools and charter schools; and 5) Complete the State Water Project to provide water storage that will preserve the Delta and supply water to California’s farms, suburbs, and cities.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS View Post
I saw Travis Allen speak in Oceanside last Saturday. He's on our side and is the only one that has a chance of winning. Cox needs to drop out or we're going to have to choose between two Democrats.
Cox is the only one with the cash on hand to run a campaign comparable to what you'll see on the other side in the general election.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:57 PM

We need more people to donate. I just received an email That Travis Allen hit 1 million dollars from 12000 donors. He needs another $30000 to meet the quarterly fundraising deadline at the end of the week. We need this guy !!!
Old 03-26-2018, 1:06 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns259 View Post
Cox is the only one with the cash on hand to run a campaign comparable to what you'll see on the other side in the general election.
No amount of cash is going to help an unlikable candidate win.
Old 03-26-2018, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
No amount of cash is going to help an unlikable candidate win.

And a likable candidate without a significant campaign effort won’t win a gubernatorial race. You think Cox is more unlikable to the general public (the people that will matter in November) than Allen? That is not what the latest PPIC polling bears out. Based on what we know right now, Cox is the only GOP candidate with a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2018, 4:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Debate tonight

Live stream link
http://paracom.paramountcommunicatio...F37464D603FF:r
Old 03-27-2018, 5:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
Must have been local programming...wasn't broadcast in my area.

Then again, neither was the last one.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 03-27-2018, 5:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Must have been local programming...wasn't broadcast in my area.

Then again, neither was the last one.
Yes, southern cal, not local to me either, watched it later at that link.
Old 03-27-2018, 7:30 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Interesting, Newsom didn't even go.

Travis did a great job.
Old 03-27-2018, 8:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yes, where was Newscum? All they said was he declined the invitation. Does he figure he has it in the bag and doesn't need to participate, or worried about being called out on his bs?
Old 03-27-2018, 8:47 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Does he figure he has it in the bag and doesn't need to participate, or worried about being called out on his bs?
Both, I'm sure. Probably figured it's an unnecessary risk.

My favorite comment during the Facebook live feed of the debate was, "Gavin couldn't make it tonight due to a scheduling conflict with his chest waxing appointment"

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 03-27-2018 at 8:50 AM..
Old 03-27-2018, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, where was Newscum? All they said was he declined the invitation. Does he figure he has it in the bag and doesn't need to participate, or worried about being called out on his bs?

He has top 2 in June in the bag. When you have a 20 point lead on your nearest competitor before June, you can only lose in these debates where every local org wants to corner you on their pet issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 10:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns259 View Post
He has top 2 in June in the bag. When you have a 20 point lead on your nearest competitor before June, you can only lose in these debates where every local org wants to corner you on their pet issue.
This. There's no reason for him to debate with people who aren't competitive. Also by debating them, he gives them the one thing they want most, and which they can't get, which is relevance.
Old 03-28-2018, 5:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

And suddenly Cox surges ahead....though I don't know anyone who is behind him.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/03/27...up-on-de-leon/

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 03-28-2018, 6:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
And suddenly Cox surges ahead....though I don't know anyone who is behind him.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/03/27...up-on-de-leon/
Is there more campaigning going on in so cal? Where I'm at, one wouldn't know there is an election coming up.

Happy 10,000th post, btw

ETA: your link is broken. I saw this latest poll last night somewhere last night though, I'll try to find it.
ETA 2: http://www.surveyusa.com/client/Poll...4c31c080&c=100

Last edited by ajb78; 03-28-2018 at 6:08 AM..
Old 03-28-2018, 6:31 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:

Happy 10,000th post, btw
Good grief people.... TEN THOUSAND posts?

Get a life!!
Old 03-28-2018, 6:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post

Get a life!!
Old 03-28-2018, 3:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post

Get a life!!
Ha...nice!

Old 03-28-2018, 3:24 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Jeeze, there's a life outside of Calguns, you know.

I've been told.
Old 04-02-2018, 3:13 AM

I met Travis Allen in person and he has to be the next governor of California or else Gavin Newsom will make it a more unlivable (unsafe, unaffordable, unclean). I recommend contribute to his campaign.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:42 PM

Travis Allen gave an impassioned speech to the El Dorado County GOP last Thursday. He has my vote.
Old 04-09-2018, 7:46 AM
Calguns Addict

I may have been wrong. Here's a recent poll that shows that Gavin at 28%, and Cox in second place at 14%, and Antonio far behind. Maybe there will be a Republican in the general.

I guess the reasonable strategy for the primary is, if one of the Republicans has a strong lead in the polling, vote for that one, hoping to at least get any Republican onto the general election ballot. I'm not really focused on having my "dream Republican" on the ballot as much as I would like to just have "any Republican" on the ballot. I still do not believe any Republican can win. Every R since Arnold has been crushed, even a very moderate and well-funded R like Meg Whitman. Demographics is destiny. Third world demographics do not vote Republican.

Last edited by CCWFacts; 04-09-2018 at 8:05 AM..
Old 04-20-2018, 4:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Latest polling:

Gavin: 26%
Cox: 15%
Tony: 13%

I'll vote for Cox in the primary unless there's a major upheaval in the polls before it.

I am realistic enough to know that no Republican is going to win the general short of a miracle, like Gavin getting indicted or something very unexpected like that.
Old 04-20-2018, 5:23 PM
I AM THE MAJORITY!

Location: Camelot! It's only a model. Shh! Knights, I bid you welcome to your new home.

He seems to buy a lot of "tickets".

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/...s-jerry-brown/
Old 04-20-2018, 5:46 PM

Default TRAVIS....

Fork the ... MONEYED... rinos..... PERIOD !!! cox.... JUST as the name... Implies !!!! Kinda like.... dick'S.... COMPRENDE ????
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=20c9730268&view=fimg&th=15ad3c387b7ea1aa& attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15ad3c34b07b03d5&a ttbid=ANGjdJ_GOwaOCfqt3OHKm7zY_mRBiORflleilym4tijR cuiC5hGws2oJLyDhF9PhQVXWMa7_jCP_uMAWxJrz5ef-HJcaRLRDzRANo5ScBq6Y0tJJfz6He0c6K0GPTDg&sz=w632-h880&ats=1489612610462&rm=15ad3c387b7ea1aa&zw&atsh =1
Old 04-20-2018, 6:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbodybill View Post
Fork the ... MONEYED... rinos..... ...
Yeah I got it.

Look, this is California.

We're don't get to argue about which Republican is best. We'll be lucky if there's ANY Republican on the general election ballot.

Travis is falling way behind. He's in 4th place at this point.

Maybe the polls will reverse as we get closer to June. Who knows. Maybe Cox will be behind and Allen will be ahead of him.

I'm just saying... vote for whomever is the strongest Republican in the primary. What should really happen is that the #2 Republican should drop out and endorse the #1 Republican, whomever that is.

Let's just get some Republican, any Republican, on the general ballot.

What does it matter? If there isn't even a Republican running, it degrades the GOP here from "struggling" to "irrelevant". And that should be delayed as long as possible. You don't concede irrelevance (defeat) until the fight is truly over.
Old 04-20-2018, 6:54 PM

I don't care what anyone says. Travis is the best conservative in the race for governor. The guy has a strong track record. I don't put much leaning on polls and news seemingly trying to smear him. Especially since polls showed crooked Hilary would win in 2016 and yet she lost when everyone thought she'd win. Polls don't predict the future last time I checked.

Grindall61 has stressed this already about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7yDelivMwE&t=694s

Aside from that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIyFoqI1oqs Arthur filming Travis at UC Riverside live.

This Millennial is woke.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Last edited by Silent Pulse; 04-20-2018 at 6:59 PM..
Old 04-21-2018, 6:16 PM

I still think Cox's numbers are being fudged/bought because Travis has the loony lefties scared. I hope he's got a plan to turn things around in the next month.
Old 04-21-2018, 6:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
He seems to buy a lot of "tickets".

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/...s-jerry-brown/
Travis Allen was a businessman, a financial advisor, before entering politics.
Any savvy businessman is going to lubricate those in power as a matter of survival.

Look at Travis Allen as a Republican politician, what his motivations are and what he has accomplished.

I am devastated that Knute Gingrich is supporting John Cox.

If John Cox gets the nomination, he will get my full support.
"You Trumpsters are such sheep" MRH
"Only a weakling shows unfettered support for a country. I have to laugh at you sheeple" Killbill
"Nope. Sorry old fart, flag waving, America hating, shortsighted gun nut. You couldn't be more wrong. Try using some critical thinking skills" RazoE
"Your white privilege guilt is showing" Doh
NRA Patriot Life Member, Patron Level, Sustaining member of CRPA, GOA, GOC, VFW, SAF, FPC, Knife Rights, NAGR Frontline Defender
Old 04-24-2018, 5:30 PM

Here's a good read: https://canadafreepress.com/article/...-in-california

This Millennial is woke.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/
Old 04-26-2018, 3:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Now Allen and Cox are right behind Newscum?

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209804769.html
Quote:
The poll shows businessman John Cox preferred by 18 percent of likely voters in the June 5 primary while Assemblyman Travis Allen, R-Huntington Beach, won support from 16 percent. Both are well ahead of Democrat and former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who dropped to 9 percent, down from 17 percent in December, and well behind Newsom, preferred by 30 percent.
ETA: I'm still not sure where the Cox support is coming from, I know I've signed up for his emails at least twice, they stop coming after a few days....maybe one on some kind of list

Last edited by ajb78; 04-26-2018 at 3:45 AM..
Old 04-29-2018, 7:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Current polling:

Gav: 30%
John Cox: 18%
Travis: 16%
Tony: 9%

If these poll numbers hold up we have a good chance of having a Republican on the ballot in the general. But there's a ways to go and many things can change over the next month.

I really hope that if it looks like Tony is moving up, the trailing Republican will drop out and endorse the leading Republican. I continue to believe there's no chance of a Republican winning any state-level office but it's important to at least have one on the ballot.
Old 04-30-2018, 4:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Merchandise available for a donation:

https://travisallenvolunteers.org/shop?olsPage=products

Got my yard sign yesterday, I couldn't convince the wife we should get there 4' x 8' one though...
IMG_20180430_130716.jpg

ETA: ACSO just made a traffic stop right there, someone* , stepped on the metal frame, bending and breaking it.

*I think they took someone away, so it may not have been the deputies.

Last edited by ajb78; 04-30-2018 at 2:10 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
If the republican party would allow declined to state voters to vote for republican candidates that might help them win.

Instead they let the dems put their candidates on my ballot alone. The California republican party is suicidal.
While I agree it is beyond stupid, that's currently only applicable for the presidential and some other elections. See http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/prim...ns-california/ & http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/vote...nated-offices/
My sample ballot (I'm also an unaffiliated voter, and the sample ballot is labeled as such) lists them all, as expected.

Back to Travis Allen... what's his actual platform, and where is it published? His website only lists 5 platform items, none of them 2A, and none with much detail.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:09 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_w View Post
Back to Travis Allen... what's his actual platform, and where is it published? His website only lists 5 platform items, none of them 2A, and none with much detail.
A few months back I reached out to both Allen and Cox with a simple set of questions regarding their stance on 2A rights and CA gun laws to decide who Calguns would support.

This was the reply from Travis Allen's campaign:

"Paul,
I'm a member of Calguns myself, so it's good to hear from you. I can take some time and answer your questions, and I would like to give you some input on the questions forum members are asking candidates.

Travis is solid on 2A. We just had our committee meeting for shall-issue and he made some really good points in committee. He is a shooter with 3 guns on his concealed carry license. Hell, he keeps pressuring me to get a glock because he's so enthusiastic about his new Taran Tactical 19 (I'm an M&P and revolver guy).

We had a conversation about the roster, and debated running a bill to repeal it even though we knew it would be shot down. We chose not to run it at the advice of various gun groups because such a bill would interfere with ongoing court cases.

I'm happy to see the forums being proactive and coming up with questions, but I think they are written in such a way that's too easy for candidates to weasel out of. It's way too easy for a consultant like me to write some cookie cutter "I believe strongly in our second amendment rights," line. I would be happy to write some more cutting questions and email them to you, because right now it's been way too easy for these guys to pay lip service to 2A without knowing the first thing about it.

Clayton, Team Travis Allen"

Rather amusingly about a week after I received this from Allen's campaign I received a reply from Cox's campaign with exactly the cookie cutter answers Clayton mentioned.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.