Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-10-2017, 9:33 AM
skyscraper's Avatar
skyscraper skyscraper is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,529
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
They are way too busy trying to SHOVEL money to the super wealthy who paid for their campaigns. They won't get down to actual conservative issue for years.
Schadenfreude
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Blade Gunner's Avatar
Blade Gunner Blade Gunner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,061
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
They are way too busy trying to SHOVEL money to the super wealthy who paid for their campaigns. They won't get down to actual conservative issue for years.
This is true
__________________
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Blade Gunner's Avatar
Blade Gunner Blade Gunner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,061
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default Why Isnít the GOP Acting on Pro-Gun Bills?

For those of you who are unable to research unbiased information on the proposed 2017 Tax Reform bills:

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com...201717898.html

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com...201717806.html

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com...201717911.html

Some of the information here is already out of date as the Senate and House attempt to reconcile their bills and stay under the projected deficit increase. (AMT is an example).

These articles draw no conclusions on winners and losers. They are written for tax professionals who understand how these changes will impact their clients.

Some highlights which are just my observations:

Corporate tax rate reduced from 35% to 20% permanently.

Individual tax rates reduced 2-3% which expire in 5-7 years

A possible 20-23% exclusion for small business pass through income.

No corporate Alt min tax.

Individual alt min tax to remain at probably 28%

No deduction for Alimony payments

No deduction for out of pocket health care

No deduction for SALT with a potential deduction for property taxes capped at $10,000

Doubling of the standard deduction but elimination of personal exemptions (so itís not really double)

Increase in exempt amount and eventual phase out of inheritance tax.

Reduction in how Social Security increases are calculated.

Congress has the goal of passing this by Christmas to be effective 1/1/2017.

The IRS will take several months to write the regs and publish the forms and another month (possibly) for tax preparers and tax software to incorporate these changes:

Unless all you have is a W2 to deal with plan on filing an extension

Now some advice from my fellow Calgunners who ďsee throughĒ my bias by not posting sources;

Take out your 2016 return and recalculate it using the above referenced assumptions.

If you itemized deductions in 2016 and where not subject to Alt min, consider accelerating any of these payments into 2017. Just check to see you donít fall into alt min (example, pay both installments of your property taxes this year).










Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.

Last edited by Blade Gunner; 12-10-2017 at 1:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-10-2017, 1:03 PM
UberPatriot's Avatar
UberPatriot UberPatriot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,973
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
GOA spoke with pro-gun Senator Ted Cruz over the weekend.

Cruz told GOA that he and other pro-gun Senators, like Mike Lee of Utah, were expecting Democrats to offer anti-gun amendments to the budget bill.

But they were flabbergasted when the gun grabbers in the Senate refrained from doing so.

GOA told Sen. Cruz that this wasn't surprising at all. Because Senator Chuck Schumer does NOT want to bring up gun control legislation since he knows that itís a losing issue for Democrats and that it will hurt them in next yearís Senate elections.

Then, media reports independently confirmed what we had told Senator Cruz.

According to press reports, Democratic leader Chuck Schumer has ordered his gun control lapdogs to back off from adding any gun control to large bills, for now.

Schumerís retreat confirms something that is painfully obvious -- gun control is a political loser and Democrats know it.

They prefer to bring up gun restrictions shortly after an election -- just like they did after the Sandy Hook tragedy.

That way, they hope, voters will forget by the next election.

But now that weíre about a year out from a very important election cycle, they canít risk staying in the minority.

Campaigning on gun control isnít a winning platform, just ask Hillary Clinton.

But while gun owners are breathing a sigh of relief, it raises a puzzling question ...

Why isnít Senate Leader Mitch McConnell using the Democrats retreat to push pro-gun bills?

Gun owners need to remind the GOP leadership to grow a Second Amendment backbone and move pro-gun bills like concealed carry reciprocity and suppressor deregulation immediately.

These bills have been used to tease gun owners, only to languish in subcommittees in the Senate.

Now is the time to move pro-gun bills!

So please tell your Senators to urge Senator McConnell to put the pro-gun bills on the offense!

We need to encourage McConnell to take up concealed carry reciprocity -- a bill that also protects Constitutional Carry states (S. 446) -- and to also pass suppressor deregulation (S. 59 and S. 1505).

Again, each letter is specially tailored to fit whether your Senators are Republican or Democrat.

So please take action today!

Thank you.

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...7QxC9HoKw&lp=0
Why? It's because gun laws are a winning issue for republicans, they use that to win elections.
Republicans don't want gun control to go away it's useful to them.
__________________
Location: North Bay Area/Marin

NRA Member
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-10-2017, 2:15 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
They are way too busy trying to SHOVEL money to the super wealthy who paid for their campaigns. They won't get down to actual conservative issue for years.
Got a link to show why you believe the federal government is shoveling money to big Republican donors ?

The suppressor issue was dealt a severe blow by the Las Vegas murderer and although GOA has repeatedly clamoured for the gun community to contact Ryan and McConnel it's better than a fair bet none of us have!

I also look at the work needed to MAGA and realize it's been short of a year since we won the office of POTUS!
There are lots of important issues that are being hammered out and we are on the way to MAGA .
Anyone not knowing what I'm talking about just ask for links on why I posted this!
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 12-10-2017 at 2:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-10-2017, 2:34 PM
bbodybill's Avatar
bbodybill bbodybill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 282
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default Tru... YUP :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
Write to MY senators? That's a joke, right? We could send DIFi and Harris a couple million letters and it would not change their "no" votes if these bills ever hit the floor.
Drain the swamp :-( When will OUR Neighbors... WAKE UP ?????
__________________
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=20c9730268&view=fimg&th=15ad3c387b7ea1aa& attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15ad3c34b07b03d5&a ttbid=ANGjdJ_GOwaOCfqt3OHKm7zY_mRBiORflleilym4tijR cuiC5hGws2oJLyDhF9PhQVXWMa7_jCP_uMAWxJrz5ef-HJcaRLRDzRANo5ScBq6Y0tJJfz6He0c6K0GPTDg&sz=w632-h880&ats=1489612610462&rm=15ad3c387b7ea1aa&zw&atsh =1
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-10-2017, 3:14 PM
spfabrication's Avatar
spfabrication spfabrication is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: ID
Posts: 830
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Every time the SHUSH act goes up for a vote the Dems stage a shooting.
__________________
GO NAVY
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-11-2017, 3:32 AM
OSHAman OSHAman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 100
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
For those of you who are unable to research unbiased information on the proposed 2017 Tax Reform bills:

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com...201717898.html

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com...201717806.html

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com...201717911.html

Some of the information here is already out of date as the Senate and House attempt to reconcile their bills and stay under the projected deficit increase. (AMT is an example).

These articles draw no conclusions on winners and losers. They are written for tax professionals who understand how these changes will impact their clients.

Some highlights which are just my observations:

Corporate tax rate reduced from 35% to 20% permanently.

Individual tax rates reduced 2-3% which expire in 5-7 years

A possible 20-23% exclusion for small business pass through income.

No corporate Alt min tax.

Individual alt min tax to remain at probably 28%

No deduction for Alimony payments

No deduction for out of pocket health care

No deduction for SALT with a potential deduction for property taxes capped at $10,000

Doubling of the standard deduction but elimination of personal exemptions (so itís not really double)

Increase in exempt amount and eventual phase out of inheritance tax.

Reduction in how Social Security increases are calculated.

Congress has the goal of passing this by Christmas to be effective 1/1/2017.

The IRS will take several months to write the regs and publish the forms and another month (possibly) for tax preparers and tax software to incorporate these changes:

Unless all you have is a W2 to deal with plan on filing an extension

Now some advice from my fellow Calgunners who ďsee throughĒ my bias by not posting sources;

Take out your 2016 return and recalculate it using the above referenced assumptions.

If you itemized deductions in 2016 and where not subject to Alt min, consider accelerating any of these payments into 2017. Just check to see you donít fall into alt min (example, pay both installments of your property taxes this year).










Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Better info than Breitbart.


Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-11-2017, 4:07 AM
jarhead714 jarhead714 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: O.C.
Posts: 3,593
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

The same reason governments and fire agencies fight fires instead of preventing them or even starting them intentionally on a large scale. They'd be un-needed and out of work.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-11-2017, 8:04 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,403
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

These issues have far more value remaining unresolved. That's the game they play. "Elect us (re-elect us) and we promise we will solve that issue for you".

Of course, they never do so they always come back to say, "re-elect us and we promise to get it done NEXT TIME".

Rinse and repeat every election.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:44 AM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSHAman View Post
Thanks. Better info than Breitbart.


Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Well maybe better info for a tax pro but there was nothing I noticed in breighbart that was contradicted in the the links posted by BladeG! Yeah Briegbart is a credible news source and not part of swamp media favored by democrats!

Hey Jimi news flash friend, there is a great life out when one escapes the swamp and their media sources.


Productivity came to Washington along with President Donald Trump, according to House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif.

In a Monday Facebook post, McCarthy noted that in Trumpís first few months in office, more bills have passed the House than under any of the previous four presidents.

ďOver 400 bills have passed the House during Donald J. Trumpís first 10 months. Thatís more than under Obama, Bush, or Clinton,Ē he posted.

So folks the GOP is busy and on the move. If you have specific agenda items. Either get in line or contact our national representatives or California republican congresspeople!

This constant stupid GOP bashing on forums is helping nothing. Except maybe a few democrats or 3rd party CHUMPS!
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Sunday Sunday is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Shasta Co.
Posts: 5,612
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The average voters who pulls the lever on a name that rings a bell in the voting booth will never realize the politicians and government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican Drug Cartels look like a bunch of first year Girl Scouts
__________________
California's politicians and government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-11-2017, 1:04 PM
avbear63's Avatar
avbear63 avbear63 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Bay Nor Cal
Posts: 217
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I don't think any our reps in California are for this as usual. A waste of time to contact those dummies.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-11-2017, 2:16 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbear63 View Post
I don't think any our reps in California are for this as usual. A waste of time to contact those dummies.
We have a few who are probably on board.
https://www.gunowners.org/ca-rating-2016.htm
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-12-2017, 7:24 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,403
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
ďOver 400 bills have passed the House during Donald J. Trumpís first 10 months. Thatís more than under Obama, Bush, or Clinton,Ē he posted.

This constant stupid GOP bashing on forums is helping nothing. Except maybe a few democrats or 3rd party CHUMPS!
And how many of those bills passed the senate? We are being played, whether you know it or not. The republicans deserve a kick in the @ss.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-12-2017, 7:54 AM
twidget1995 twidget1995 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 168
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default But when you actually look at what's passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Well maybe better info for a tax pro but there was nothing I noticed in breighbart that was contradicted in the the links posted by BladeG! Yeah Briegbart is a credible news source and not part of swamp media favored by democrats!

Hey Jimi news flash friend, there is a great life out when one escapes the swamp and their media sources.


Productivity came to Washington along with President Donald Trump, according to House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif.

In a Monday Facebook post, McCarthy noted that in Trumpís first few months in office, more bills have passed the House than under any of the previous four presidents.

ďOver 400 bills have passed the House during Donald J. Trumpís first 10 months. Thatís more than under Obama, Bush, or Clinton,Ē he posted.

So folks the GOP is busy and on the move. If you have specific agenda items. Either get in line or contact our national representatives or California republican congresspeople!

This constant stupid GOP bashing on forums is helping nothing. Except maybe a few democrats or 3rd party CHUMPS!
Yes. A lot of bills have been passed and signed. The vast majority of which are naming buildings or making marginal changes to existing legislation.

So far, even controlling both houses and the Presidency, the GOP 0 for 2 in passing their high priority legislation. They gave up on repealing the ACA. They haven't even acted on a infrastructure plan.

So, yes. Trump has signed a lot of bills. They've been a lot of insubstantial bills that do nothing. Ceremonial bills shouldn't even count. He has signed nothing even remotely approaching the significance of the bills that the past 3 Presidents signed in their first year.

Obama managed to get the ARRA passed and bailed out the auto industry, signed Dodd-Frank (major legislation whether you agree with the purpose or not); Bush II actually got a tax reform bill enacted in 2001, along with the USA PATRIOT Act (both major legislation); Clinton signed the Family medical leave act, Voter registration, a budget, created Americorps, Religious freedom act and the Brady Gun control act (all major legislation regardless of whether you agree with them or not).

Now, granted, they may succeed in further weakening the ACA if their tax "reform" plan actually passes - but they STILL won't have repealed it.

The GOP bashing is orders of magnitude less than the Democratic party bashing going on in the forums.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-12-2017, 10:44 AM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Both Ryan and McDonnell are NRA A rated. The fact congress has passed national CCW should have very gun owner cheering with delight and praise for our republican house!

Instead we get whining, complaining and downright disrespect for the congress,senate and president we NRA members all worked for and helped elect through our calls and contributions.

The NRA advises us to contact senators through twitter, facebook,phone faxes and other means to get NCCW passed.
Why are so few Calgunners praising the house passage of NCCW?

https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 12-12-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-12-2017, 11:50 AM
twidget1995 twidget1995 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 168
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default CONGRESS hasn't passed anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Both Ryan and McDonnell are NRA A rated. The fact congress has passed national CCW should have very gun owner cheering with delight and praise for our republican house!

Instead we get whining, complaining and downright disrespect for the congress,senate and president we NRA members all worked for and helped elect through our calls and contributions.

The NRA advises us to contact senators through twitter, facebook,phone faxes and other means to get NCCW passed.
Why are so few Calgunners praising the house passage of NCCW?

https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact
The House has passed national reciprocity. The Senate still needs to pass a bill with the SAME language before you can say Congress has passed anything.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-14-2017, 10:23 AM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

FAKE TITLE
House of representatives passed NCCW !

Now to the senate and then the president for signing .

Calgunners who have dismissed swamp ( democrat) media may want to contact senators to tell them how important it is to get this to the presidents desk.

Other swamp type cal gunners can remain silent or even contact democrat senators with opposition !

I mean think how this type of cal gunner can strut around with proud proclaimations of" both sides are the same" or "SEE WE TOLD YOU".

If this doesn't get to the senate gun owners are to blame for not putting this on the front burner with frequent calls !

Yes I have called both senators in my 2nd residence and plan on weekly calls.
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Citizen_B's Avatar
Citizen_B Citizen_B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 923
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
FAKE TITLE
House of representatives passed NCCW !

Now to the senate and then the president for signing .

Calgunners who have dismissed swamp ( democrat) media may want to contact senators to tell them how important it is to get this to the presidents desk.

Other swamp type cal gunners can remain silent or even contact democrat senators with opposition !

I mean think how this type of cal gunner can strut around with proud proclaimations of" both sides are the same" or "SEE WE TOLD YOU".

If this doesn't get to the senate gun owners are to blame for not putting this on the front burner with frequent calls !

Yes I have called both senators in my 2nd residence and plan on weekly calls.
The GOP has a majority in the House, Senate, and a President that will sign a GOP bill. If the national CCW bill doesn't get signed, what reasonable excuse will be made?
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-14-2017, 1:00 PM
dfletcher's Avatar
dfletcher dfletcher is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,530
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
The GOP has a majority in the House, Senate, and a President that will sign a GOP bill. If the national CCW bill doesn't get signed, what reasonable excuse will be made?
General disappointment with the GOP notwithstanding it takes 60 votes for cloture in the Senate. Having a "majority" in the Senate is meaningless, rightfully so, as is having the House and Chief Executive's office unless one can make 60 in the Senate.

One way to make 60 votes is to compromise and some would say attaching "Fix NICS" to HR38 is such a thing. However you see the response to that from our side is everything from "it's a scam" to "I oppose" but almost never "we get something, they got something" and an OK.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-14-2017, 1:09 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
The GOP has a majority in the House, Senate, and a President that will sign a GOP bill. If the national CCW bill doesn't get signed, what reasonable excuse will be made?
The only possible explanation is that not enough pro self defense people cared to contact their senators.

We can bet the Bloomberg/Soros/democrat/swamp dwelling anti self defense pro criminal lobby is out in force to stop this needed legislation.

Based on what I read here ( cal guns) its likely some cal gunners have reservations about national CCWR.

I heard the president last night on NRANEWS.com talking about and having witnesses about how everyone will pay less fed tax.
Yet as he said, this plan has been demonized by democrats and media before it was finished and before even the President saw it !

So cal gunners keep believing the swamp media and Chuck (you) Schumer and your predictions will come to pass along with a democrat majority in congress/senate!
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-14-2017, 3:15 PM
Citizen_B's Avatar
Citizen_B Citizen_B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 923
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
General disappointment with the GOP notwithstanding it takes 60 votes for cloture in the Senate. Having a "majority" in the Senate is meaningless, rightfully so, as is having the House and Chief Executive's office unless one can make 60 in the Senate.

One way to make 60 votes is to compromise and some would say attaching "Fix NICS" to HR38 is such a thing. However you see the response to that from our side is everything from "it's a scam" to "I oppose" but almost never "we get something, they got something" and an OK.
Well, technically all it takes is a simple majority to pass a bill, but I understand the current environment of filibuster games. In that case, it takes 41 obstructionists to spoil the fun. Regardless, a Senate majority is not meaningless, it means the deck is stacked in your favor to win the hand. If a majority party can't play the hand to get what they want (at least a majority of it), there's no point in continued two-party gang warfare.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-14-2017, 3:25 PM
Citizen_B's Avatar
Citizen_B Citizen_B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 923
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
So cal gunners keep believing the swamp media and Chuck (you) Schumer and your predictions will come to pass along with a democrat majority in congress/senate!
Huh? I want the national CCW bill to pass and I want it to say any CCW permit allows carry in any state. What one wants to happen and what one believes will happen are two completely different things. Something I think a handful of wishful thinking Calgunners blend together.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-14-2017, 3:42 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It will pass if enough people demand it from the senate!

It will not get a hearing if they perceive it has little support!
Any questions?

Last edited by ja308; 12-15-2017 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-15-2017, 7:27 AM
cire raeb cire raeb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Democratic People's Republic of Kalfornia
Posts: 911
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

They need 8-9 more Senators...Blue Dog Dems have been neutered by Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,403
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The Senate could change their rules tomorrow and run all over the democrats. They won't because they still can't count on all the rinos.

"We promise to get it done, next time"...
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-15-2017, 12:33 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
It will pass if enough people demand it from the senate!

It will not get a hearing if they perceive it has little support!
Any questions?
In again for naysaying swamp dwellers that do nothing except demean,bash,disrespect the political process when republicans are in charge !

Secretly each one of these swamp dwelling closet democrats or libertarians wants failure on gun rights because few or none are really RKBA advocates.


Real RKBA people need to push the senate weekly if not daily!
As a side note the texts obtained by FBI agent Strzok that show a deliberate attempt to fix the election for Hilldog could be involved with threatening senators too !
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 12-15-2017 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-15-2017, 1:06 PM
Citizen_B's Avatar
Citizen_B Citizen_B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 923
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
In again for naysaying swamp dwellers that do nothing except demean,bash,disrespect the political process when republicans are in charge !

Secretly each one of these swamp dwelling closet democrats or libertarians wants failure on gun rights because few or none are really RKBA advocates.


Real RKBA people need to push the senate weekly if not daily!
As a side note the texts obtained by FBI agent Strzok that show a deliberate attempt to fix the election for Hilldog could be involved with threatening senators too !
Libertarians ideologically are about minimal government/regulations and pro-gun rights.

So one FBI agent's political views shows a deliberate attempt to fix the election for Clinton? That's a pretty far out extrapolation and unrealistic assessment of power.

I think the majority here are pro-2A, right leaning, more conservative, Republicans. The only bashing I see is an expression of frustration of politicians and the system in place that seem to yield little results.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-15-2017, 4:02 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
Libertarians ideologically are about minimal government/regulations and pro-gun rights.

So one FBI agent's political views shows a deliberate attempt to fix the election for Clinton? That's a pretty far out extrapolation and unrealistic assessment of power.

I think the majority here are pro-2A, right leaning, more conservative, Republicans. The only bashing I see is an expression of frustration of politicians and the system in place that seem to yield little results.
Actually it was at least 2 FBI agents and one was directly connected to the smear campaine (fake dossier) paid by Hilldogs law firm to get President Trump charged.

If anyone saw the smug,confident testimony of Rosenstien it leaves NO DOUBT these people consider congressional hearings an amusement !
To me that indicates unlimited power .
Even the power to stop any legislation they deem not worthy! Not saying this is the case but it would not surprise me .

Keep calling and writing and let's see if we can get this through !
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-15-2017, 4:50 PM
Citizen_B's Avatar
Citizen_B Citizen_B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 923
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
If anyone saw the smug,confident testimony of Rosenstien it leaves NO DOUBT these people consider congressional hearings an amusement !
To me that indicates unlimited power .
Even the power to stop any legislation they deem not worthy! Not saying this is the case but it would not surprise me .
You mean Rod Rosenstein, the DAG nominated by Trump (along with AG Sessions), who wrote the memo to Trump about firing Comey? If that's who you're talking about, I have a hard time believing he's hellbent on destroying the guy who hired him.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-16-2017, 7:44 AM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
You mean Rod Rosenstein, the DAG nominated by Trump (along with AG Sessions), who wrote the memo to Trump about firing Comey? If that's who you're talking about, I have a hard time believing he's hellbent on destroying the guy who hired him.
I've followed this frequently on talk radio and the conclusions are summed up in this article.
https://www.newsmax.com/PatrickBucha.../19/id/791196/
"Why did Rosenstein capitulate to a Democrat-media clamor for a special counsel that could prove disastrous for the president who elevated and honored him?

Surely in part, as Milbank writes, to salvage his damaged reputation.
After being approved 94-6 by a Senate that hailed him as a principled and independent U.S. attorney for both George Bush and Barack Obama, Rosenstein found himself being pilloried for preparing the document White House aides called crucial to Trump's decision to fire Comey.
Rosenstein had gone over to the dark side. He had, it was said, on Trump's orders, put the hit on Comey. Now, by siccing a special counsel on the president himself, Rosenstein is restored to the good graces of this city. Rosenstein just turned in his black hat for a white hat.
Democrats are hailing both his decision to name a special counsel and the man he chose. Yet it is difficult to exaggerate the damage he has done."...

Just saying mueller is best friends with Comey! Mueller picks Hillary supporters to investigate President Trump.
Considering we have seen zero evidence even one Republican is on Muellers team. Doesn't it make sense that the democrat (Hilldog) supporting FBI would enjoy seeing NCCWR fail ?
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 12-16-2017 at 7:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-26-2017, 7:51 PM
JeffC's Avatar
JeffC JeffC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 426
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The poor OP still believes the GOP cares about rights....
Not much different than a adult believing in Santa...
__________________
I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-27-2017, 9:48 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
The poor OP still believes the GOP cares about rights....
Not much different than a adult believing in Santa...
Try joining the NRA and reading the accomplishments of the GOP in recent years!
Oh wait your an educated,know it all Californian who is too smart to join the NRA .
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-28-2017, 7:56 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,403
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

We are not winning in California. Several cases are still stuck in the courts, probably for many more years. No determination can be made on their outcome here. By then, several more "replacement" laws will be passed here in succession. Each will have a several year lifespan even if overturned.

Excremento knows how to play that game. If these gun laws were suspended until legal determination we might have some relief here. That's not how they play here. They are encoded into law and then we get to wait years for a court decision. That's as effective as a permanent unconstitutional law.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 12-28-2017, 8:47 AM
Ford8N's Avatar
Ford8N Ford8N is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern Rhovanion
Posts: 5,890
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
We are not winning in California. Several cases are still stuck in the courts, probably for many more years. No determination can be made on their outcome here. By then, several more "replacement" laws will be passed here in succession. Each will have a several year lifespan even if overturned.

Excremento knows how to play that game. If these gun laws were suspended until legal determination we might have some relief here. That's not how they play here. They are encoded into law and then we get to wait years for a court decision. That's as effective as a permanent unconstitutional law.
^^^^^^^^

THIS

Itís a matter of how long do you want to wait for the same gun laws as citizens across the California border.

The majority of voters in California say that will be forever.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-28-2017, 10:05 PM
Frito Bandido's Avatar
Frito Bandido Frito Bandido is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 560
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Both parties cherry pick which rights they'll pretend to care about.

The Democrats pretends they care about free speech and your privacy.

The Republicans pretend they care about free speech and your gun rights.

You will never see either side actively pushing for either one without strong pressure from their base. The only thing you can count on is them pushing of their own volition is whatever their owners/big money donors want. They're just two sides of the same corrupt coin.
__________________
When shopping at Amazon.com, enter Shop42A.com in the address bar, and Amazon donates money to the Calguns Foundation.


Last edited by Frito Bandido; 12-29-2017 at 8:18 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-28-2017, 10:46 PM
rootuser rootuser is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,004
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Try joining the NRA and reading the accomplishments of the GOP in recent years!
Good advice here.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-29-2017, 8:30 AM
Frito Bandido's Avatar
Frito Bandido Frito Bandido is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 560
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Try joining the NRA and reading the accomplishments of the GOP in recent years!
Oh wait your an educated,know it all Californian who is too smart to join the NRA .
I get every issue of America's First Freedom as part of my NRA life membership. You really need to exercise some serious critical thinking when reading that rag - it's mostly hyperbolic garbage, half-truths and mis-information with a dash of honesty and a a couple of actual, real stories from readers thrown in to lend it a semblance of legitimacy.
__________________
When shopping at Amazon.com, enter Shop42A.com in the address bar, and Amazon donates money to the Calguns Foundation.


Last edited by Frito Bandido; 12-29-2017 at 8:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-30-2017, 2:51 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,589
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito Bandido View Post
I get every issue of America's First Freedom as part of my NRA life membership. You really need to exercise some serious critical thinking when reading that rag - it's mostly hyperbolic garbage, half-truths and mis-information with a dash of honesty and a a couple of actual, real stories from readers thrown in to lend it a semblance of legitimacy.
In reality the NRA NEVER lies and when a small error is noticed the NRA quickly corrects the facts.

Because the NRA is careful with facts they are never attacked on what they say.
It should be obvious that every attack is like yours where the organization is attached for being the NRA.

That is the reason you choose not to prove your point with an example or link !
Face it cal gunners the NRA cannot afford fake news or stories that cannot be verified.

As for the GOP not furthering gun rights . Many of us remember when democrat mayors were suing gun sellers and manufacturers for the criminal use of guns.
Law protection of commerce IIRC.
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 12-30-2017 at 2:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.