Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 10-04-2017, 7:05 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default and this is why gun control doesn't work

this researcher is certainly not your average anti-gun advocate:

"I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...975_story.html
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 10-04-2017, 7:14 AM
👀They’re Watching 👀
CGN Contributor

If only every liberal would do the research this this team did! This article needs to spread like a wild fire!

Also OP, you should post this in OT

Tac-Tags.com
Old 10-05-2017, 3:28 AM

This really isn't difficult. It's basic economics and works just the same as alcohol, tobacco, drugs or steak. You can never stop sales of anything from the "supply side", by taxing it, banning it, or making it illegal. As long as people want a given thing, they will find a way to get it. That's the 'demand' side.

So, the only way to reduce the number of guns sold in this country (assuming you'd want to), is to somehow make people stop wanting them. Stop laughing! In 1970, 45% of all Americans smoked cigarettes. After a decades-long campaign to make smoking socially unacceptable, successfully reducing demand, only 24% of all Americans smoke cigarettes.

Prohibition failed in the 1930's, because making alcohol illegal just drove the booze business underground, to the benefit of organized crime. The war on drugs has failed, because no matter what you do or how hard you try to stop drugs hitting the street, if people want them, they'll still buy whatever is out there, and if it's scarce, driving the price up. Kobe beef, imported from Japan, is very hard to come by, but people who want it will pay anything. It's a status thing. If you made it illegal, like pate de foie gras, it would still be imported, people would want it even more and the price would go even higher.

Every time there's a mass shooting in America, gun and ammo sales go UP, because people run out to buy guns, on the "get it while you can" theory. So, it appears, weirdly enough, that mass shootings accelerate demand. And naturally, manufacturers know that and either manufacture more guns or raise prices.

So, bottom line, the only way to reduce supply of anything, is to reduce the demand for it. Tried to buy a buggy whip lately?
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 10-05-2017 at 3:34 AM..
Old 10-05-2017, 7:09 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

you should send a copy of your post to the opinion writer, BonnieB!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 10-07-2017, 2:10 PM

Thanks. Most things ARE a lot simpler than you'd think, if you delete tantrum-throwing emotional crap out of them. Like the law. And especially economics.

The law and economics are like revenge: They are best consumed COLD.
Old 10-08-2017, 2:37 PM
Veteran Member

only problem here, is most anti freedom
zellots. just do not care about the facts if they do not agree with there pre planed belifes.
Old 10-09-2017, 4:50 PM

With regard to economics, supply and demand: This is not a progressive or conservative issue. Both sides hold BELIEFS that don't hold water.

SO, there are FACTS and there are BELIEFS.

FACTS have actual objective research and math supporting them, are self sustaining and don't require anyone's agreement. Gravity, for instance. Swear up and down that gravity doesn't exist and then walk out a fifth story window...

Contrariwise, BELIEFS, by definition, can't be proven, but are just adhered to without proof. It's in the Bible, John 20:29 "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

You can change the mind of a logical person with facts, but you can't argue anyone out of their non-rational beliefs, ever. Because the non-rational does not submit to logic. For instance, some progressives believe that gun ownership is just WRONG. A belief. Some conservative believe that abortion is just WRONG. Also a belief. Try to argue either of them out of it. I'll bring a lawn chair and the popcorn.

My sister gave me a sign once, that said "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig".

Last edited by BonnieB; 10-09-2017 at 5:01 PM..