Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-22-2018, 7:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFox79 View Post
What did optics planet do?

Stop selling mags of more than 10 round mags. Issued some BS good corporate citizen letter. I was just going to buy a Nordic 22 upper from them, but I’ll take my business else wear and let them know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2018, 7:15 PM

There is nothing wrong with Mr Malarky's followup statement. If this was just a CYA memo, or BS followup to overwrite earlier posts, or deflect from his pointy elbowed wife's association with Everytown, then that's another issue. But the followup memo itself is spot-on.
Old 02-22-2018, 7:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorenm View Post
Do you think your 12 year old should be able to buy guns on his own?

We have no way of knowing if someone is safe to be in society. We either have to let them out eventually, or change all sentences to life in prison/death.
It's my kid, my decision, and none of your business what I do or dont let him do. I'd love to hand him $300 and say "buy whatever you want".

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Old 02-22-2018, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS77 View Post
haha, guy makes weapons accessories, sells them to the public, then says public shoudn't be able to buy them???

Guys, X-Products is an online retailer. That's all. A retailer gets the products - made by others - in front of the consumers. This retailer is not the manufacturer.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...a-controversy/
“The instruments by which governments must act are either the authority of the laws or force. If the first be destroyed, the last must be substituted; and where this becomes the ordinary instrument of government there is an end to liberty!”- Alexander Hamilton
Old 02-22-2018, 8:37 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree with all of that. I don't see it as being unreasonable to require proper training to own a firearm. I'd much prefer a tiered licensing system like I understand Canada has where once you obtain the license, you can just buy whatever you want with no further hassle. The psych evals I don't disagree with in principle, except I don't believe that they actually have the capability to determine who will and won't misuse a firearm.
You should rewrite that to say this: "I'm an idiot who doesn't understand rights."
Old 02-22-2018, 9:53 PM

I love how this is just as unreasonable a place to have a discussion as my liberal friends Facebook posts. I guess the extremists at either end aren't really worth debating.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I love how this is just as unreasonable a place to have a discussion as my liberal friends Facebook posts. I guess the extremists at either end aren't really worth debating.
Wanting to infringe on rights makes you the extremist.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:25 PM
Win win win win
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Old 02-22-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree with all of that. I don't see it as being unreasonable to require proper training to own a firearm. I'd much prefer a tiered licensing system like I understand Canada has where once you obtain the license, you can just buy whatever you want with no further hassle. The psych evals I don't disagree with in principle, except I don't believe that they actually have the capability to determine who will and won't misuse a firearm.
There should be licensing and training for the 1st Amendment.. You never know who you could hurt these days.....
Old 02-22-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
"Most people would agree there are reasonable restrictions"
How is it that you know what most people agree too? Along with "reasonable" I think you forgot to slip other pc words in e.g. 'common sense', and 'sustainable'.

Why is it that almost all of the OP's who post these types of statements seem to have <80 total posts.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
How is it that you know what most people agree too? Along with "reasonable" I think you forgot to slip other pc words in e.g. 'common sense', and 'sustainable'.

Why is it that almost all of the OP's who post these types of statements seem to have <80 total posts.
Also, didn't "most people" at some point in our history agree that slavery was acceptable?
Old 02-23-2018, 12:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

This is why I'm grateful we're a republic and not supposed to be subject to the whims of "most people"

"Most people" are mindless sheep
"Most people" have no concept or appreciation of Constitutional Rights.
"Most people" are dumber than the hole in a cow's ***
"Most people" is a phrase thrown around by bloviators who have no real figures that support their opinions
Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 AM
Calguns Addict

It appears that Vice President of Sales and Operations is the highest position in the corporate chain of Xproducts whose email address is published on the Xproducts website.

His mane is Dewey Akers and his email address is:

dewey@xproducts.com

Perhaps a snowstorm of emails... POLITE emails, stating your reluctance to purchase any products sold by Xproducts as long as Mr. Malarkey is associated with the company wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 02-23-2018, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

I guess you think the 2a protects your right to hydrogen bombs too? There's a ****ing line somewhere. Personally, I don't give a **** if there are some reasonable hassles in the way of me buying what I want. Owning a firearm is a serious responsibility and should be treated as such.

My personal line is that anything the police or a common infantryman would be allowed, we should be allowed. If that means passing a weekend course in the safe operation of firearms, that's fine by me.

Quote:
"Most people" is a phrase thrown around by bloviators who have no real figures that support their opinions
Do you really need a scientific study to prove that most americans don't think the 2a protects your right to bear strategic bombers or tactical nukes?
Old 02-23-2018, 1:29 AM
Win win win win
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Most people are joining Cuckfest '18 in attempts to block the $200 hydrogen bomb tax stamp.
Old 02-23-2018, 1:37 AM

Quote:
I guess you think the 2a protects your right to hydrogen bombs too? There's a ****ing line somewhere. Personally, I don't give a **** if there are some reasonable hassles in the way of me buying what I want. Owning a firearm is a serious responsibility and should be treated as such.

My personal line is that anything the police or a common infantryman would be allowed, we should be allowed. If that means passing a weekend course in the safe operation of firearms, that's fine by me.

Do you really need a scientific study to prove that most americans don't think the 2a protects your right to bear strategic bombers or tactical nukes?
What comes after hydrogen bombs? Can we draw the line after a hydrogen bomb?
Old 02-23-2018, 10:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

People would take you more seriously if you stop using these tired old strawman arguments. No one is buying tactical nukes or stealth bombers, not even Bill Gates. Also, many an American have successfully defended themselves with firearms they've purchased without ever having taken any kind of training. Are you ok with them being killed because they had to wait to take a class before they could purchase their guns?

I'm a firearms instructor and would encourage every gun owner to take a training class. However, making law-abiding citizens jump through hoops to exercise a right so that some people can have their sensibilities appeased is everything that is wrong with government today. You are a symptom of that wrongness and contribute to the growing problem of government micromanagement of people's lives.

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

Discounted NRA Membership Sign Up
Old 02-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Boycott
Old 02-23-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
People would take you more seriously if you stop using these tired old strawman arguments. No one is buying tactical nukes or stealth bombers, not even Bill Gates. Also, many an American have successfully defended themselves with firearms they've purchased without ever having taken any kind of training. Are you ok with them being killed because they had to wait to take a class before they could purchase their guns?
It's not a strawman. Rugershooter is an actual person I'm actually talking to who seems to believe that the 2a has no limits.

And dying to something that a gun would have helped you with in the tiny time frame between when you decide to buy a gun, and when you take a class to get a license for it, strikes me as so unlikely as to be not worth mentioning.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Everyone in the unverse is now stupider because of this post.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

You need common sense to do better than offer a ridiculous straw man argument. Nobody but you is talking about nukes or bombers
Seriously, How many people do you think could afford to obtain an H-Bomb? Maybe a suitcase nuke if you want something portable? How many have the actual resources to build or buy a nuke or a strategic bomber? Quit trying to make it sound like Joe Lunchpail can pick one up at the local Big 5.
Offer legitimate arguments instead of childish drivel.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Stop being a drama queen. My personal opinion is that it applies to small arms in common use. Some might differ, but whatever. People do own military aircraft and tanks BTW so that's not true.

Rights aren't rights when you have to take classes, be permitted or ask permission from the .gov to exercise them. Your right to free speech ends with yelling bomb on a plane or making direct threats, there are certain limits to keep and bear arms as well. Until exercising that right begins to infringe on the rights of others it should be unlimited. i.e. Owning a nuclear weapon would place everyone within miles at risk of death. No such risk with small arms. Also, no one has the right to "feel safe". It's not a tangible infringement, whilst fees, mandatory classes and registries are.

I suppose if "feeling safe" was a right, we'd be bulldozing ****ty neighborhoods left and right and everyone in America would be entitled to full time armed security. You know, like the wealthy people that make the rules have.

Also, prior to 1968, a 12 year old could walk into a store and buy a gun, cash and carry. But the 1968 GCA wasn't enacted because kids could buy guns. It was because minorities were buying them and using them to protect themselves. Can't have that, can we? I'm sure you're aware of the racist and discriminatory roots of gun control.

The problem with "reasonable hassles" is that at some time or another those "hassles" have been used to oppress people. Poll taxes, concealed carry laws, etc. Then where do you stop? Because I promise you, Feinsteinian gun controllers won't stop until all firearms are banned and confiscated. That's what they mean by "commonsense". It's well documented.

The 2A is a second class right. Because some people think it's "reasonable" to have to jump through hoops, pay fees or be on a list and get a permission slip to exercise the so called "right". Anything similar for our other sacrosanct "rights" would cause untold outrage.

It's amusing to me that anyone at all believes that with enough laws, we'll be safe. It's a foolish and naive way to view the government.

Last edited by floogy; 02-23-2018 at 12:52 PM..
Old 02-23-2018, 1:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It's not a strawman. Rugershooter is an actual person I'm actually talking to who seems to believe that the 2a has no limits.

It most certainly is a strawman because only gun control supporters think that no limits on 2A means getting nuclear weapons.

And dying to something that a gun would have helped you with in the tiny time frame between when you decide to buy a gun, and when you take a class to get a license for it, strikes me as so unlikely as to be not worth mentioning.
Plenty of women who have relied on restraining orders, police help...etc...have been attacked by exes. They also could not get the best means to protect themselves immediately because of these oh so harmless obstacles to purchasing a gun. You might think it's tiny or not worth mentioning, but talk to those who've been victimized while waiting helplessly for a way to protect themselves and see if they think it's unlikely. However, it appears you don't have any actual arguments on your side so you just push it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist.

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

Discounted NRA Membership Sign Up

Last edited by Mute; 02-23-2018 at 1:31 PM..
Old 02-23-2018, 1:32 PM

Quote:

You brought it up. You said the line has to be drawn somewhere. I'm drawing it at whatever comes after hydrogen bombs.
Old 02-23-2018, 1:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
not that long ago, most Americans thought black people were property. Oddly enough, those morons were ALSO democrats.

Who gives a flying **** what most americans think?
Old 02-23-2018, 2:55 PM
Veteran Member

Who the heck is talking about buying nuclear weapons?!?! I didn't know they could be "carried". It's always the gungrabberz that use that straw man when they run out of valid arguments.
Old 02-23-2018, 6:09 PM

Quote:
So when a victim of domestic violence leaves their bad situation and it's afraid for their life, they'll have to wait to take the class and then the 10 days on top of that so you can feel good about it while their abuser is free to hunt them down and harm them?

What about the store owner that decides that they need a gun because they've been robbed one too many times?

Or the person that's scared out of their minds due to some crazy stalker?

Folks like you are the "I'm a gun owner and I believe in gun confiscation" types that the left hold up as shining examples of "common sense gun owners". Sadly you're nothing more than sheep willing to be lead to slaughter with a smile on your face cause"the Constitution is an antiquated anachronism."

Dan

If you believe in Liberty, you should believe it for everyone, not simply those whom you agree with.
Old 02-23-2018, 8:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
Stop selling mags of more than 10 round mags. Issued some BS good corporate citizen letter. I was just going to buy a Nordic 22 upper from them, but I’ll take my business else wear and let them know about it.

Did you read their press release? They are in Illinois, it's probably too much of a hassle to sell them in the first place. I honestly didn't even know they sold mags. Even then it's irrelevant to us here in CA.

To be American is to disobey.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well that explains a lot.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Did you read their press release? They are in Illinois, it's probably too much of a hassle to sell them in the first place. I honestly didn't even know they sold mags. Even then it's irrelevant to us here in CA.
So what law prevents them from shipping a flash suppressor to Ca?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:33 PM

Gonna post on their Facebook
Old 02-23-2018, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

^This. Im not buying it either. They have been known to do the same stupid c*** as CTD.
Old 02-24-2018, 7:24 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
First Optics Planet, now this hypocrite.
What did optics planet do?
Stop selling mags of more than 10 round mags. Issued some BS good corporate citizen letter. ...
FWIW...
Illinos does not have a state firearm/weapon preemption law.
This means cities and counties can pass their own laws that can be stricter than the Federal or State laws.

AFAIK...
Last year, Cook County (IL) passed a magazine capacity ban.
Starting 01-01-2018, 11+ round magazines can not be legally transferred in Cook County (IL). Only exemption is for LE agencies.

Optics Planet is located in Cook County (IL) and recieved a cease & desist or face legal action letter from the Cook County attorney.
This prompted Optics Planet to stop selling magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 02-24-2018, 8:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
FWIW...
Illinos does not have a state firearm/weapon preemption law.
This means cities and counties can pass their own laws that can be stricter than the Federal or State laws.

AFAIK...
Last year, Cook County (IL) passed a magazine capacity ban.
Starting 01-01-2018, 11+ round magazines can not be legally transferred in Cook County (IL). Only exemption is for LE agencies.

Optics Planet is located in Cook County (IL) and recieved a cease & desist or face legal action letter from the Cook County attorney.
This prompted Optics Planet to stop selling magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

Then Optics Planet should move out of Cook County. This is the same reason Magpul left Colorado. Costing these tyrannical state government jobs and taxes might put a chill on them passing more and more anti 2A regs. Why Franklin Armory is still in California makes no sense.

Old 02-25-2018, 1:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Why Franklin Armory is still in California makes no sense.
We're not. Our Morgan Hill facility is closed.
Old 02-25-2018, 9:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
We're not. Our Morgan Hill facility is closed.

Now that makes sense. Good for you guys.

Old 02-26-2018, 6:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

FYI

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE

Feb 22 2018

Effective Immediately James Malarkey has been removed as CEO of X Products

Since inception X Products has been a strong advocate of 2A rights and Does Not support Mr Malarkey’s statements or any position that would suggest gun ownership is anything other than a right protected under the 2nd Amendment.

Mr Malarkey has been replaced as CEO by Dewey Akers, as acting CEO, effective immediately. Please refer all references for response to Mr Akers.

It is with sincere apology that X Products Senior Management finds it necessary to defend its position as a STRONG supporter of 2A Gun Rights.

The Senior Management has found it necessary to respond to this with our community of followers in a manner that removes any association with Mr Malarkey’s comments.

Mr Malarkey, or his comments, DO NOT reflect the position of X Products, its staff,or Industry Partners.

We have taken steps to insure we regain the respect of an industry that has been a support and source of growth for X Products and its staff.

I want to Thank you for understanding, this process has been difficult to execute and hope you will contact me personally with any questions about our transition.

Dewey Akers

CEO
http://thegunfeed.com/malarkey-ceo-x-products/

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 02-26-2018, 9:57 PM

Quote:

The Supreme Court reiterated its earlier rulings that "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" and that its protection is not limited to "only those weapons useful in warfare".

Would a bearable arm include a shoulder launched rocket..??!!

NRA Benefactor Member
CRPA Life Member
2AF Defender
USPSA Life Member
GOC Member
Old 02-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

He still owns 50% of the company according to his LinkedIn page. This 'new CEO' razz matazz is a bunch of boloney coming from Malarkey. The 'press release' may as well have been read aloud by a sock puppet on Malarkey's hand.

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 02-27-2018, 8:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
He still owns 50% of the company according to his LinkedIn page. This 'new CEO' razz matazz is a bunch of boloney coming from Malarkey. The 'press release' may as well have been read aloud by a sock puppet on Malarkey's hand.
This. The statement and "reorganization" is company window dressing attempting to salvage things IMO. Malarkey and his anti 2A wife will still be reaping profits.

Last edited by Dezrat; 02-27-2018 at 8:29 AM..