Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2017, 6:26 PM
Agro's Avatar
Agro Agro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 833
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default Oregon CHL in Cali?

Years ago I remember reading about how an Oregon sherif would be at various gun shows throughout the year in SoCal. You fill out stuff , pay him etc and later get an Oregon CHL (ccw). While not valid in Ca (yet!) it was something. I was at the time thinking Iíd get one from SD after peruta. I sent my stuff in certified mail right away.. well you know the rest.

Any out of state ccw I can get when in California still? I donít wanna drive out of state yet. Ideas? Thx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2017, 6:39 PM
baranski's Avatar
baranski baranski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Vista
Posts: 2,348
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

AZ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2017, 6:43 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 30,916
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Ya... someone got butthurt since we helped finance his portable Livescan equipment, and his job duties didn't allow him to continually "tour" CA gun shows, so they filed a lawsuit... He stopped doing it.

AZ, Florida, Utah... you can get those and others by mail. Nevada and Oregon require a road trip, but Oregon generally requires some kind of "regular business" in the state.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2017, 6:50 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
Years ago I remember reading about how an Oregon sherif would be at various gun shows throughout the year in SoCal. You fill out stuff , pay him etc and later get an Oregon CHL (ccw). While not valid in Ca (yet!) it was something. I was at the time thinking Iíd get one from SD after peruta. I sent my stuff in certified mail right away.. well you know the rest.

Any out of state ccw I can get when in California still? I donít wanna drive out of state yet. Ideas? Thx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a thread about this. I'll try to find the link for you. There are a lot of states that issue non-resident license but there are only nine that you can get exclusively through the mail. AZ, UT, FL, NH, VA to name a few. NH would be the easiest. You just need to mail the application along with a check for $100. They don't require training, fingerprints or photos. AZ, VA and FL would be next. They require the aforementioned items. Only difference between the three is that FL require the prints to be rolled by a LEA. A CA hunter safety certificate will satisfy the training requirements for all three. UT also requires all three but has a list of UT-approved courses/instructors that you must take the safety training from. I hope that helps. There are others more knowledgeable on the topic. Hopefully they will chime in soon.

As an aside, I currently have AZ and NH. I will be going to FL in March of 2018 for a bachelor party so I'm in the process of obtaining my FL permit.
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c

Last edited by phdo; 12-06-2017 at 6:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2017, 7:01 PM
Agro's Avatar
Agro Agro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 833
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
There is a thread about this. I'll try to find the link for you. There are a lot of states that issue non-resident license but there are only nine that you can get exclusively through the mail. AZ, UT, FL, NH, VA to name a few. NH would be the easiest. You just need to mail the application along with a check for $100. They don't require training, fingerprints or photos. AZ, VA and FL would be next. They require the aforementioned items. Only difference between the three is that FL require the prints to be rolled by a LEA. A CA hunter safety certificate will satisfy the training requirements for all three. UT also requires all three but has a list of UT-approved courses/instructors that you must take the safety training from. I hope that helps. There are others more knowledgeable on the topic. Hopefully they will chime in soon.

As an aside, I currently have AZ and NH. I will be going to FL in March of 2018 for a bachelor party so I'm in the process of obtaining my FL permit.


NH looks ez. I found the site, saw the PDF form. See the notes on mailing it in with a check. I think thatís the way to go for now. Thanks a lot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2017, 7:10 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Ya... someone got butthurt since we helped finance his portable Livescan equipment, and his job duties didn't allow him to continually "tour" CA gun shows, so they filed a lawsuit... He stopped doing it.
Yep, classic example of someone biting the hand that feeds them. Guy was doing us all a solid and got sued for it.
__________________
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2017, 7:15 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

NH



AZ



AZ + NH

__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2017, 7:53 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 30,916
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Florida alone gets 33. AZ only adds WI. California adds CA, WI, and MI.

California + Florida gets you 36... AZ doesn't add anything and NH only enhances NH.
Without CA, best option is FL, AZ, and UT, which gets Washington.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:13 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

NH will also get you PA.
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:14 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Florida alone gets 33. AZ only adds WI. California adds CA, WI, and MI.

California + Florida gets you 36... AZ doesn't add anything and NH only enhances NH.
Without CA, best option is FL, AZ, and UT, which gets Washington.


NH will also get you PA.
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-10-2017, 3:08 AM
markgca markgca is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Posts: 51
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
There is a thread about this. I'll try to find the link for you. There are a lot of states that issue non-resident license but there are only nine that you can get exclusively through the mail. AZ, UT, FL, NH, VA to name a few. .
AZ, UT, FL, NH, VA, Connecticut, and Maine i know
what are the other ones? might be useful
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-2017, 3:29 AM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default Oregon CHL in Cali?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgca View Post
AZ, UT, FL, NH, VA, Connecticut, and Maine i know

what are the other ones? might be useful


I found the thread. Youíre right. There are only seven, not nine. Donít know why I thought it was nine.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1175183
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c

Last edited by phdo; 12-10-2017 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:49 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.