Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2017, 4:47 PM
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by California12120 View Post
If I have an unfinished 80% lower, a complete lower parts kit, and a complete upper receiver, do I have to register anything? If I want to store this "for a rainy day" or with the expectation of a future move or change in the law, am I in the clear?
An un-STARTED 80% lower is not a firearm, so it is not subject to firearms laws.

Once work has progressed to the point that it can no longer be sold as an 80% (FCG pocket milled out, pin/selector holes drilled, etc...) then it would be subject to the 2018 Ghost Gun laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 05-20-2017, 3:33 PM

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1495148516
Old 05-20-2017, 9:22 PM

The part dealing with 80% builds starts on page 11 near the bottom. They are referred to as "Firearms Manufactured By an Unlicensed Subject" or "FMBUS". Unfortunately, I see nothing that excludes previously serialized receivers from the requirement to apply for a "department issued serial" whether previously registered with the DOJ or not.

Anyone else read this differently?
Old 05-20-2017, 9:43 PM

Nope. Seems clear to me that the DOJ wants to assign a serial number for your super-evil assault weapon if you choose to register it as such.

That requirement single-handedly made me go fixed mag on my 80's.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M62 View Post
Nope. Seems clear to me that the DOJ wants to assign a serial number for your super-evil assault weapon if you choose to register it as such.

That requirement single-handedly made me go fixed mag on my 80's.
So far it's looking like mine will be the same.
Old 05-21-2017, 8:04 PM

Am I reading it right that the popular devices to fix the mag (ARmaglock, etc) will not be acceptable? Mag must be welded, epoxied, or riveted in place? What about "featureless" rifles? Does the mag have to be fixed?
Old 05-21-2017, 8:09 PM
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossbeard View Post
Am I reading it right that the popular devices to fix the mag (ARmaglock, etc) will not be acceptable? Mag must be welded, epoxied, or riveted in place? What about "featureless" rifles? Does the mag have to be fixed?
ARMaglock has a problem in that it can be removed without disassembling the upper from the lower. Patriot Button does not have the same problem if it is installed correctly.

A "fixed" magazine is one that can not be removed without disassembly of the action (pivoting the upper forward satisfies this requirement).
A "permanent" magazine is welded, epoxied, or riveted.
"Permanence" is not a requirement for compliance.

Featureless is safe for the time being.
Expect Featureless to be attacked when Newsom takes over for Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:15 AM

So if I'm getting this right:
80% 1911 needs serial number by July 2018 and had to be Single-Shot at the beginning of its life.

80% Ghost Glock same as above, but needs an embedded metal plate (aka impossible)

80% AR Pistol with SB Tactical Brace needed to start it's life with a mag lock and single shot (zero-round mag). But afterwards can be converted semi-auto with mag locking device. (Has anyone gotten to the bottom of if it NEEDS to have a maglock? I was hoping now)

Last edited by dagle; 05-22-2017 at 11:38 AM..