Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-24-2017, 8:07 AM

I submitted my renewal in January and was contacted only last week on the paperwork. My RO also confirmed he is on this two day schedule for CCW. My expiry is in June so six months seems to be the timeline now. I have not received a verbal for training yet. I will inquire this week
Old 04-27-2017, 4:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My CCW renews in July. I sent my renewal application in a month ago. I buy and sell antiques and collectibles. I sent some OCSD cash deposit receipts. At times I carry $5000+ on me. I got a response asking for proof of the business, so I sent them my city business license yesterday. Hopefully I get approved. I'm 68 years old and can only depend on my 'blunt force trauma' punch for one round. :-)
Old 04-27-2017, 4:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerman View Post
My CCW renews in July. I sent my renewal application in a month ago. I buy and sell antiques and collectibles. I sent some OCSD cash deposit receipts. At times I carry $5000+ on me. I got a response asking for proof of the business, so I sent them my city business license yesterday. Hopefully I get approved. I'm 68 years old and can only depend on my 'blunt force trauma' punch for one round. :-)
I guess proof of a business is reasonable with large cash deposits like that. Otherwise they'd think you're a drug dealer.
Old 04-29-2017, 7:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerman View Post
I think you're fine.
Old 05-06-2017, 4:48 PM
Veteran Member

Just got the email saying my renewal is conditionally approved and to send my renewal training certificate in to continue the process. This is a month after I've already submitted my training certificate and my review officer even confirmed the receipt and that he had forwarded to his superior for final review. Regardless, I sent it again and was told I'll probably get a pick up date sometime in June (when my license expires). So, it appears the process, if you submitted your application early, will be expedited (mine took a month for review officer to send it to his superior for final approval) but even if the review is completed before your expiration date, they will still wait until your expiration to call you in to pick up. If you submitted your application a month or two before your expiration, as soon as the review process is over, they will try to get you in as soon as possible to pick up your new license... So after all said and done, unless you waited until your license had expired to renew, you might get your renewed license around the same time as someone who submitted their application 4 to 6 months before expiration. Oh well...