Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-24-2015, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
Mbz dr, the decision is unfortunate. I was sorry to read it...

Are you going to appeal?
yes I will appeal but have to wait until I get the letter in the mail. And depending on his denial reason I might even see if i will hire an attorney.
Old 03-26-2015, 2:00 PM

It will be interesting to see if the sheriff makes any policy changes now that Peruta is going to be re-heard.

We now have hundreds of approved CCW holders that used "self defense" as the good cause statement. Will they continue to accept that cause? And if not, do they revoke existing CCW's which were awarded for "self defense"?

It sure does seem that the approvals which has picked up pace quickly haulted. Did the sheriff have insight to the en banc vote?

Time will tell I guess...
Old 03-26-2015, 7:10 PM

I called today to check on the progress of the application processing. The lady who answered the phone was gracious and actually apologetic for the delay. She related that they had just begun reviewing July applications.
Old 03-26-2015, 8:43 PM

I was approved Tuesday night and picked up my permit the following day. I applied in may of 2014 along with 2 other friends who took the training class with me. They both were approved 2 months earlier than me but were retired. On a sad note one of my friends was approved the day after he passed away. My approval was delayed because the original investigator left the department and part of his research was lost. I got a call from a new investigator 1 1/2 month ago needing the same information I had already given in regards to my employment.
While I was there getting my permit the receptionist said it was only a week to get an appointment to start the process for anyone who is thinking of doing so. Good luck to all !
Old 03-27-2015, 8:53 AM

FWIF the sheriff's website still says self defense alone is good cause. It also says, however, that "No resident has the right to a license, nor is the Sheriff required to issue a license".

emphasis and underlining theirs.

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 03-27-2015, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
It will be interesting to see if the sheriff makes any policy changes now that Peruta is going to be re-heard.

We now have hundreds of approved CCW holders that used "self defense" as the good cause statement. Will they continue to accept that cause? And if not, do they revoke existing CCW's which were awarded for "self defense"?

It sure does seem that the approvals which has picked up pace quickly haulted. Did the sheriff have insight to the en banc vote?

Time will tell I guess...
Hopefully they don't change policy, however I didn't use Self Defense as my good cause for this very reason.
Old 04-01-2015, 8:35 AM

No movement in this county with respect to actually getting a permit since 3/24. Doesn't sound promising

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 04-01-2015, 1:26 PM

Not everyone applying posts on this site, so we really don't know how many are being approved unless you have direct information from the sheriff's office.
Old 04-01-2015, 4:02 PM

I just added a third gun to my permit last week and someone was there getting their new permit. They're still issuing and giving new appointments.
Old 04-01-2015, 4:23 PM

Got my denial letter today. DONE AND DONE. .. good luck to you all....
Old 04-01-2015, 6:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz dr View Post
So, I guess you won't be pursuing an appeal.

Sorry to hear. I guess you're like the rest of us in major, urban anti counties and twiddling your fingers for at least a year until the en banc panel decision in Peruta (and maybe another year to year-and-a-half after that if it is appealed to SCOTUS and they take it).

Oh well. Encourage your family and friends in San Joaquin Co (or other issuing counties) to apply. You never know: one of them may stop the BG that would otherwise cross your path.

220+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 04-01-2015, 8:12 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz dr View Post
Would you mind sharing the denial reason?

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 04-07-2015, 3:15 PM
Veteran Member

what is the length of time for everyone that gotten approved were their permit good for?
Old 04-07-2015, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollep3 View Post
what is the length of time for everyone that gotten approved were their permit good for?
Permits are good for 2 years.
Old 04-07-2015, 4:15 PM

All taxpayers in San Joaquin County should move 34 miles east.

What are they gonna do when they dont have anyone to tax?
At the very least, stop shopping there if at all possible, there's nothing that hurts bloated irresponsible buracracies more than voting with your dollars and your feet...not to mention the sales tax is 1% higher...
Old 04-07-2015, 6:56 PM

Hey Falstaff, how about keeping to the subject instead of getting all political. Maybe some of us don't want to hear that crap.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:40 PM

Back on topic...

Phone call TO SJSO at lunchtime. Receptionist tells me they are working on July 2014 applications presently.

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 04-08-2015, 2:32 PM

Received my CCW permit in February after 8 month wait . Happy to get it but have to wonder if we are playing into the anti guners hands . Is it ok to wait 8 month and have to get permission from a government agency to exercise a constitutional right . We do not need it to go to the church of our choice or to start a newspaper to speak our mind at a rally . Then why are we willing to except this for a CCW . There are parts of this country that you need permission from local law enforcement to purchase a firearm are we heading In that direction ? We do not stand for being treated like this if we need something from a government agency i.e. building permits, marriage license etc. I'm afraid that if we think that government is doing us a favor granting us CCW permits we will forget that the 2A is a right and not a privilege .
Old 04-08-2015, 7:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman View Post
Received my CCW permit in February after 8 month wait .
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman View Post
Happy to get it but have to wonder if we are playing into the anti guners hands . Is it ok to wait 8 month and have to get permission from a government agency to exercise a constitutional right . We do not need it to go to the church of our choice or to start a newspaper to speak our mind at a rally . Then why are we willing to except this for a CCW . There are parts of this country that you need permission from local law enforcement to purchase a firearm are we heading In that direction ? We do not stand for being treated like this if we need something from a government agency i.e. building permits, marriage license etc. I'm afraid that if we think that government is doing us a favor granting us CCW permits we will forget that the 2A is a right and not a privilege .
Preaching to the choir. I don't think you'll get much argument from any of us about any of this.

I assume you're a NRA member and NRA-ILA supporter, as well as other gun org (SAF, CGF, FPC, CRPA), right? I assume you've offered to take newbies/antis shooting to "convert" them, right? Encouraged family, friends, shooting buddies to get their CCWs too?

There's a LOT that can be done while we wait for the federal court cases to attack various infringements upon our 2nd A RKBA.

220+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 04-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired2013 View Post
Hey Falstaff, how about keeping to the subject instead of getting all political. Maybe some of us don't want to hear that crap.
ok sorry, you go ahead stay in Stoakland (per capita, CRIME LEADER!) defencless. my bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
In 2012 Stockton set a record with 72 murders. The statistic that never gets talked about is how many were shot, but survived.... That number was well over 350. (1 erson gets shot EVERYDAY ON AVERAGE!) You can take some solace in the fact that San Joaquin Knife and gun club (AKA San joaquin general hospital) is quite proficient at GSW trauma care. They're particularly good at colostomy bags.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:52 AM

CCW policies are inherently 100% political BTW. I'm sorry you took offence. I decided to move away from Stockton mainly because of the encroaching crime, and my (correct) prediction that real estate was heading for another huge dive, not solely for the CCW policies of the government. That being said, I've heard more than one person, including the Sheriff say something to the effect that "if you live or frequent areas you think you have to have a gun on you, you are living or frequenting the wrong areas". But, my point stands, money talks and it's one of the few weapons we have against the nanny state. I offered a couple non political, albeit snarky solutions to a political problem (voting with your feet and or dollars). If large numbers of people make the effort as I did, to withold as much tax revenue from the county as possible and let them know why, (by shopping elsewhere whenever feasible, or by moving) they WILL hear us- eventually.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer61 View Post
Back on topic...

Phone call TO SJSO at lunchtime. Receptionist tells me they are working on July 2014 applications presently.

So are they still on the July applications at this point?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

my friend finally got his approved and he applied in April but his permit is only good for a year is there any reason why that anyone know of?
Old 04-14-2015, 12:00 PM

I'm about 4.5 months into the process. I'm hoping that is about half way
Old 04-20-2015, 6:25 AM

A friend of mine was approved last week. She applied in July. She is not on CGN, so I thought I would throw it out here to keep the hope alive. Apparently things are still moving somewhat.

Last edited by Heatseeker; 04-20-2015 at 6:36 AM.. Reason: fat finger typo
Old 04-21-2015, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollep3 View Post
my friend finally got his approved and he applied in April but his permit is only good for a year is there any reason why that anyone know of?
A 1 year long application process and a 1 year LTC? Your friend should re-apply the same day he picks up.

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 04-21-2015, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
A friend of mine was approved last week. She applied in July. She is not on CGN, so I thought I would throw it out here to keep the hope alive. Apparently things are still moving somewhat.
Thanks for the ray of sunshine and hope.

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 04-21-2015, 5:07 PM

As for the one year permit, it may have been a type o, there are two lengths of permit a work permit for working in the county, those are good for 90 days, the other is a standard resident which are two years, there is no one year permit
Old 04-22-2015, 9:44 PM

I applied June, 30 2014 and nothing yet. I called Monday and the guy said they are finishing up June. 2 guys I know applied before me and they have theirs.
Old 04-24-2015, 8:17 AM

there have been a few one year permits issued
Old 04-24-2015, 8:21 AM

So back on 4/8 I stated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer61 View Post
Back on topic...

And then 2 weeks later, they're back on June???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp View Post
I applied June, 30 2014 and nothing yet. I called Monday and the guy said they are finishing up June. 2 guys I know applied before me and they have theirs.

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 04-28-2015, 11:32 AM

Default Update on application

Hey guys, I just signed up to stay up to date on when permits are being issued. I applied around Christmas and just called to get an update. The lady on the phone told me they were still working on Julys applicants. Is there nothing we can do about this outrageous wait time. I'm a veteran and find this whole process to be somewhat insulting. It was fine for me to carry a weapon at all times for the last ten years but now I need to wait 10 months for the sheriffs approval?? Convenient.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:56 AM

Thanks for your service and the update... Also, welcome to calguns.

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 04-28-2015, 3:06 PM

Nothing we can do on the wait time, to be honest I think their doing the best they can, big back log since lots applied within a short period of time and small staff. Mine took 8 months not counting the 30 yrs prior to them not issuing. At least we don't live in the Bay Area my friends in San Francisco are envious
Old 04-30-2015, 8:01 PM

FYI. I applied July 9th, 2014. I'm still waiting.....
S.A.S.S #74217
Have Guns Will Travel
.45 Colt Enthusiast
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 05-01-2015, 3:06 PM

Just got the call. Approved. I applied in June of last year. First contact was 2 months ago. I don't know if there are any restrictions on it. Need to complete my class next. I also can't comment on self defense still being accepted. Mine was self defense but I also added the ISIS threat and that I sometimes carry large amounts of mobility gear including body armor and night vision.

Just wanted to let people know that they are still being approved.
Old 05-01-2015, 3:28 PM

nice

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 05-02-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herccheif View Post
Just got the call. Approved. I applied in June of last year. First contact was 2 months ago. I don't know if there are any restrictions on it. Need to complete my class next. I also can't comment on self defense still being accepted. Mine was self defense but I also added the ISIS threat and that I sometimes carry large amounts of mobility gear including body armor and night vision.

Just wanted to let people know that they are still being approved.
Congrats on that one! Thanks for the update..
S.A.S.S #74217
Have Guns Will Travel
.45 Colt Enthusiast
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFR14 View Post
Hey guys, I just signed up to stay up to date on when permits are being issued. I applied around Christmas and just called to get an update. The lady on the phone told me they were still working on Julys applicants. Is there nothing we can do about this outrageous wait time. I'm a veteran and find this whole process to be somewhat insulting. It was fine for me to carry a weapon at all times for the last ten years but now I need to wait 10 months for the sheriffs approval?? Convenient.
I am moving into the area in a couple months. How about a applicants' barbecue in the sheriffs office parking lot once each month... Maybe some very public offers to volunteer with the paperwork
Old 05-04-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82fb View Post
I am moving into the area in a couple months. How about a applicants' barbecue in the sheriffs office parking lot once each month... Maybe some very public offers to volunteer with the paperwork
I like it!

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands