Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-12-2013, 7:05 AM

Default It's not too late ladies...

to contact Governor Brown....

http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

I sent an impassioned plea this morning, urging him to be judicious in his review, to be fair to California citizens and then to VETO the gun bills!

I am determined and hopeful!
Old 09-12-2013, 7:38 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

that my ruger 10/22 is now going to be an assault rifle, must be registered as such, and will be destroyed when I die is absolutely moronic.

message sent to the governor.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 09-12-2013, 7:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
that my ruger 10/22 is now going to be an assault rifle, must be registered as such, and will be destroyed when I die is absolutely moronic.

message sent to the governor.
Thankfully for us , the 10/22 rimfires have been excluded! I just love mine!
However, I'm concerned about the Mini Ranch 14-that was to be one of my acquisitions this year! Hard to believe that these beautiful simple rifles will become AWs!
Old 09-12-2013, 2:54 PM

I've read online that the 10/22 was also included due to the detachable magazine.........I am more than thankful to be wrong!

the mini ranch 14? it is too bad these people didn't do some more research to understand things before they started writing.....

I can only hope the governor will have more sense.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 09-12-2013, 3:26 PM

Done
Old 09-12-2013, 5:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
it is too bad these people didn't do some more research to understand things before they started writing.....
I find it sadly amusing that people seem to think these Leftist politicians have no idea what they are really doing. I'm not saying they don't make mistakes or overlook details, but they DO have an agenda and they ARE pursuing it aggressively. (Hint: it has nothing to do with stopping crime, saving lives, or protecting children.)
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 09-12-2013, 5:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy View Post
I find it sadly amusing that people seem to think these Leftist politicians have no idea what they are really doing. I'm not saying they don't make mistakes or overlook details, but they DO have an agenda and they ARE pursuing it aggressively. (Hint: it has nothing to do with stopping crime, saving lives, or protecting children.)
I think it's a mix of ignorance and malevolence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2013, 7:16 PM

same here, Kappy.
that there is an agenda is certain.......as is ignorance.
Quote:
Old 09-12-2013, 8:53 PM

Agenda, agenda! Everybody's got one! Here's mine...

I spent this morning contacting the Governor, calling all of the state Senators on the Calguns and the NRA/ILA call lists and then ended my day with contacting my local Assembly member and State Senator.

I think the gun control issues are very serious and are worth the time and effort to let the elected officials know how I feel. I only wish I had become familiar with the issues earlier; I could have made sent more communications and informed others! Education and Public Awareness are everything!

Thanks to everyone who put in the extra effort. Let's see what happens next! Thanks to fellow Calgunner; SamsDX for his Legislation Tracking, it was very helpful!