Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM

Default 200 yard+ ranges in the Bay Area?

I enjoy the 100 yard range at the Sunnyvale Rod & Gun Club, but I'd like to find someplace to try longer range shooting. After searching the forums, the nearest range I can find with something longer is the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, which has a 300 yard range open to the public.

Are there any ranges (public or club) closer to the Bay Area which have 200 or 300 yard stations?
Old 11-07-2008, 8:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Once you qualify on the 100yd and 300yd ranges, you can join the Norcal precision rifle shooters and shoot out to 1000yds at Sac Valley.

I highly recommend it.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Barrel, sight and trigger work on most pistols and shotguns.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and saturday appointments available.
Old 11-07-2008, 9:15 AM

Default Metcalf 200 yard range, Zouaves Rifle Club

There is a 200 yard range at Metcalf, but it is a reserved range except for one day a month.

BUT!! If you join the Zouaves CMP Rifle club, you can come out on club days, which are the first and third Saturday of the month, plus any extra days booked by the club. As a member, you are eligible to order rifles and ammo from the CMP (m1, m1 carbine, etc.)

As far as what to shoot, most people shoot AR (most popular), M1A, M1 with military sights for service competition, or a bolt action rifle with match sights. Some guys bring out their ww II bolt for fun, and some guys practice with their scoped bolt rifle before heading up to Sacramento for tactical bolt matches.

If you come down on newbie day, the first Saturday of the month, we will hook you up with an M1 for your first match, or you can bring your own rifle and ammo. People there will help you learn the basics of highpower competition, which is a gateway into longer range shooting at 300, 600, and eventually 1000 yards.
Old 11-07-2008, 9:16 AM

BTW, If you are in the north bay, there is also chabot rifle club in castro valley, and a club in richmond that both have 200 yard ranges.
Old 11-07-2008, 1:30 PM

I believe Circle S in Petaluma has a 200,300 yard range.
Old 11-07-2008, 1:36 PM
Veteran Member

USI off Willow pass rd between concord and Bay Point has a 200 yard multi-purpose range but to use it you need be a member there. There are 4 clubs that share the range with Diablo being the largest. Requirements to join are that you attend at least 1 meeting usually held I think the 1st Weds or Thursday of the month. Then it is open on a scheduled basis. They have various club matches there for garands, mil rifles, and bolt guns too.
Old 11-07-2008, 2:46 PM

usi meetign is firs thursday of every month. you need to attend at least one to join.
Old 11-07-2008, 3:47 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Chabot has a 200yd line. It's open to the pubic Friday's and every 2nd Saturday.

Richmond also has a 200yd line but I only shoot matches there on Saturdays and I don;t know their schedule for the public.

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220
Old 11-07-2008, 9:10 PM

Cool, thanks for all the good suggestions:

Metcalf/Santa Clara Shooting Sports facility, frequented by the San Jose Zouaves Rifle Club (200 yard)
Chabot Gun Club in Castro Valley (200 yard)
Circle S Ranch & Shooting Range in Petaluma (200, 300 yard)
Richmond Rod & Gun Club (200 yard)
United Sportsmen Inc (USI) owned and operated by the Bay Point Rod & Gun Club, Concord Sportsmen's Club, Diablo Rod & Gun Club, and Walnut Creek Sportsmen's Club (200 yard)