Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 12:19 PM

Default The Marauder Rifle Thread

Thought I'd create a thread for Marauder Rifle Owners to show off & talk about their Rifles, Modifications, Issues, etc.

Here's my .25 SynRauder. I picked her up when Cabela's had them on sale last month and only paid $285.01 using discount Cabela's gift cards and 10% cash back from Active Junky. So far, I've added a BSA 4-14x44 FFP Side Focus Scope w/MRAD Reticle mounted with Accushot Medium 30mm Rings, Butler Creek flip-up covers, a Caldwell XLA 6-9" Pivot Bipod, and a Butler Creek padded Sling. Shoots JSB Exact 25.39gr and H&N Barracuda 27.47gr Hollowpoints 1/2" to 3/4" groups @ 40-50 yards.

Haven't done any performance modifications yet but plan on installing a Huma Regulator and a new A.R.T./Sikes Valve being developed by a guy over on the GatewaytoAirguns forum. Should up my shot count from 16-24 to around 50 per fill @ 40 FPE from 3000 down to 2000PSI.

Last edited by WartHog; 09-21-2017 at 12:25 PM..
Old 09-21-2017, 6:21 PM

Nice, bro. I've got a .22 synod. Accushot 4-16x44 Accushot 80mm side wheel. Quiet as can be, I've killed hundreds of squirrels while my neighbors have pool parties. No crawloffs, out to about 65 yards, right between the eyes.
Old 09-21-2017, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
Nice, bro. I've got a .22 synod. Accushot 4-16x44 Accushot 80mm side wheel. Quiet as can be, I've killed hundreds of squirrels while my neighbors have pool parties. No crawloffs, out to about 65 yards, right between the eyes.
Ground Squirrels? Damn - I'd love to get in on some of that action! SoCal is out or my range tho with the cruddy mileage my truck gets

Last edited by WartHog; 09-21-2017 at 8:42 PM..
Old 09-21-2017, 9:13 PM

I'm kicking myself for missing that cabelas sale.
Old 09-23-2017, 6:05 PM

I have the Mac-1 .22 Maruader with the genII brake and its super accurate plus it's very quiet
Old 09-28-2017, 3:53 PM

Default More carbine than rifle

New toy tossed together recently. Tuned down to 650fps for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-09-17-13-35-35.jpg (100.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-15-2017, 4:53 PM

I've had some issues with my .22 Benjamin Marauder Synthetic. It's a real lemon I think. Had I recently bought the thing, I'd be working with Pyramyd Air to get the thing fixed. But I let it become a safe queen after buying it, so now that I'm recognizing the problems (I'm finally spending some quality time with my air guns), it's just too late to ask them.

I'm wondering whether anyone's got any advice.

It was a preorder from Pyramyd Air back in 2013, so it's from the first production run of synrods. It had a slow leak that eventually grew to a large one. I paid to get that replaced. Now that I'm finally testing it at 20 meters rather than 10, I'm realizing it has some pretty severe accuracy issues. I suppose it could be the pellet (I've tried Crosman Premiers and JSB Diablo Jumbo Exacts), but I doubt it's me, since I shot two rifles in the same session, and the other one grouped into a dime, or even less.

I guess I have four options.
(1) Sell the whole package--the rifle, scope, rotary magazines, sling, and pump--at a discount and be done with it
(2) Sell just the rifle at a discount, then buy a new one
(3) Get the barrel replaced
(4) Sell the whole package--the rifle, scope, rotary magazines, sling, and pump--at a discount and buy a different PCP

Thoughts?
Old 10-15-2017, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornStrategy View Post
I've had some issues with my .22 Benjamin Marauder Synthetic. It's a real lemon I think. Had I recently bought the thing, I'd be working with Pyramyd Air to get the thing fixed. But I let it become a safe queen after buying it, so now that I'm recognizing the problems (I'm finally spending some quality time with my air guns), it's just too late to ask them.

I'm wondering whether anyone's got any advice.

It was a preorder from Pyramyd Air back in 2013, so it's from the first production run of synrods. It had a slow leak that eventually grew to a large one. I paid to get that replaced. Now that I'm finally testing it at 20 meters rather than 10, I'm realizing it has some pretty severe accuracy issues. I suppose it could be the pellet (I've tried Crosman Premiers and JSB Diablo Jumbo Exacts), but I doubt it's me, since I shot two rifles in the same session, and the other one grouped into a dime, or even less.

I guess I have four options.
(1) Sell the whole package--the rifle, scope, rotary magazines, sling, and pump--at a discount and be done with it
(2) Sell just the rifle at a discount, then buy a new one
(3) Get the barrel replaced
(4) Sell the whole package--the rifle, scope, rotary magazines, sling, and pump--at a discount and buy a different PCP

Thoughts?
I guess it depends how much you want to do the air rifle thing. For the price, you can't beat them. Accuracy and quiet, the same as a $2000 rifle. I love my .22 synod, never a problem, never cleaned it, never a leak, absolute tack driver, I shoot the JSB Jumbo Heavies 18.1gr. The only con I could dream up is that its a little heavy, and not terribly stylish. Mine is two and a half years old. IDK, at this point how much a replacement barrel would cost, but it would probably be your cheapest way to get a nice, accurate, quiet, air rifle. I always use any new gun I buy right off the bat, to avoid what you're running into. Most of these air rifles don't have the warrantees that firearms do. FYI, I bought my syrod at Pyramid as well.
Old 10-15-2017, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornStrategy View Post
I've had some issues with my .22 Benjamin Marauder Synthetic. It's a real lemon I think.
I have two regulated marauders set up for field target competition that shoot less than .75 moa out to 55 yards. They are super easy to work on...I'd recommend fixing yours if you like it otherwise.

Early .22s had accuracy issues due to barrel problems. Call up Crosman and see what they say. They may send you a new barrel, which is trivial to replace. Green Mountain also makes a drop in i think. The guys at the marauderairrifle.com forum can also help you. This really is a known issue with real solutions. Good luck, ct

Last edited by cowtown; 10-15-2017 at 7:10 PM..
Old 10-15-2017, 7:46 PM

Yep, it was a known issue in .22. Contact the maker, they already know the issue.
Old 10-15-2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoman View Post
Yep, it was a known issue in .22. Contact the maker, they already know the issue.
Thanks guys. I'll try Crosman. I read that I can fork out $210 for a Marmot Militia replacement barrel, but that's a high price for a degree of accuracy I can't take advantage of in my backyard.

Besides, a brand new wood stock .22 Marauder is $375 right now.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:33 PM

Update: Great customer service at Crosman. They're sending out a new barrel, no charge.
Old 10-16-2017, 7:13 PM

NICE!!