Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 9:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Ventura gun show reports? 6-8-13

Anybody go today? Is it a mad house? Ammo availability and prices? Thanks. Thinking about stopping by late afternoon.
Old 06-08-2013, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

What a joke, don't wast your time.
Old 06-08-2013, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-forceJunkie View Post
What a joke, don't wast your time.
This is a small misstatement. Actually, it was a major joke. But what the heck how often can you see 550 value packs of 22LR for $150.
Old 06-08-2013, 1:54 PM

this is not a cross roads gun show. its very small and most vendor's do not go to it. the next cross roads show is in DEC
Old 06-08-2013, 1:57 PM

I took a trip just bc I had nothing else to do, and came across some .338-06 ammo a guy had reloaded for me a while ago but never contacted me about. Good day for me although it was a pathetic show.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:24 PM

Wow
Old 06-09-2013, 3:33 AM
Calguns Addict

ha ha, that stupid town doesn't have real gun shows (I lived there for 5 years)
Old 06-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofSoCal View Post
ha ha, that stupid town doesn't have real gun shows (I lived there for 5 years)
Neither does anywhere else in California... Thanks for your useless post. Carry on.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
Neither does anywhere else in California... Thanks for your useless post. Carry on.
LOL, you are welcome. You bitter bro? ha ha, the whole thread was one giant rhetorical question then!

Naw, I went to the Ventura show some 8 years ago. Back then it was good. They kept all of the jerky sellers and toy gun Chinese crap in a separate building.

Summer of '05 picked up a 1943 parts-matching M1 Carbine in cherry condition for $620... cash & carry. Today, I don't think I'd have any trouble getting close to $1,000 for it.

Same year, my girlfriend at the time picked up a pre-war super cherry Winchester 94... for $300. That same gun today is worth close to $1,000. Less than one year later, Winchester went belly up of course, and the value jumped right there. Not a week goes by that I don't wish I had bought that gun instead of letting her get it. Arrrgh! :-(
Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 PM

Default Ventura non-show

Went for reloading components, none there, vendors said the guy that is always there got thrown out. They were pissed, because they were losing money because he wasn't there. Won't be going back.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:47 AM

Actually, more gun vendors attend this show, the only real, legal "Ventura Gun Show". There was another show in Bakersfield this weekend as well pulling vendors. Also, a large number of people in the gun community, still confused by which promoter is putting on which show, stayed very far away from the show this weekend because they knew about the lawsuit the State of California was filing against Crossroads of the West gunshows yesterday and did not want to get scooped up in some sort of Federal raid! Check today's San Jose Mercury news, they are being sued for selling illegal gun parts to circumvent CA law. I would want to be at all of their shows. NOT!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura Gun Show View Post
Actually, more gun vendors attend this show, the only real, legal "Ventura Gun Show". There was another show in Bakersfield this weekend as well pulling vendors. Also, a large number of people in the gun community, still confused by which promoter is putting on which show, stayed very far away from the show this weekend because they knew about the lawsuit the State of California was filing against Crossroads of the West gunshows yesterday and did not want to get scooped up in some sort of Federal raid! Check today's San Jose Mercury news, they are being sued for selling illegal gun parts to circumvent CA law. I would want to be at all of their shows. NOT!
FUD
805-256-1547
www.islandviewent.com
www.instagram.com/IslandViewEnterprises
www.facebook.com/IslandViewEnterprises
www.youtube.com/IslandViewGuns
sales@islandviewent.com
Sun- Th 12-6:30pm
Sat - Sun 12-8pm
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM

San Francisco sues gun companies over high-capacity magazines

Associated PressAssociated Press

Posted: 06/11/2013 08:47:50 AM PDT
June 11, 2013 3:47 PM GMTUpdated: 06/11/2013 08:47:51 AM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco is suing three gun accessories companies and one gun show promoter, alleging they sold disassembled high-capacity magazines disguised as repair kits in violation of California law, the city attorney said Monday.

The companies and the gun show promoter were trying to circumvent a state ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines by calling them repair kits, City Attorney Dennis Herrera said in the statement. But the kits can easily be assembled into high-capacity magazines like those used in recent mass shootings in Connecticut and Colorado, Herrera said.

"The gun businesses we've sued today think they've devised a clever end-run around California law by selling fully functional high-capacity magazines that have simply been disassembled into a few easily reassembled parts," Herrera said in the statement. "Our litigation intends to prove otherwise."

Herrera said the companies named in the suit sold the magazines online. They are Oregon-based 44Mag Distributing, Texas-based Exile Machine and Ohio-based Copes Distributing. Herrera also sued Utah-based gun show promoter B&L Productions.

A representative from Exile Machine declined to comment, while calls to the other companies late Monday afternoon were not immediately returned.

The state enacted a ban on the sale, import, or manufacture of new high-capacity magazines in 1999, according to the city attorney's statement.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:11 AM

Yes they are suing them in civil court... Not criminal. It is the city of SF not the state of CA. Also the feds are not involved in enforcing CA laws or civil matters..
From Wiktionary:
FUD

(derogatory) Fear, uncertainty, and doubt, a marketing strategy involving the spread of worrisome information about a competing product.
805-256-1547
www.islandviewent.com
www.instagram.com/IslandViewEnterprises
www.facebook.com/IslandViewEnterprises
www.youtube.com/IslandViewGuns
sales@islandviewent.com
Sun- Th 12-6:30pm
Sat - Sun 12-8pm

Last edited by islandviewent; 06-11-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:

What a load of crap.....I am guessing this is Lori that runs the show from this weekend. Tons of open tables, most big vendors wont attend. Where was LAX and Miwall? Hell Island view did not even come back for Sunday the attendance was so low.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
San Francisco sues gun companies over high-capacity magazines

Associated PressAssociated Press

Posted: 06/11/2013 08:47:50 AM PDT
June 11, 2013 3:47 PM GMTUpdated: 06/11/2013 08:47:51 AM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco is suing three gun accessories companies and one gun show promoter, alleging they sold disassembled high-capacity magazines disguised as repair kits in violation of California law, the city attorney said Monday.

The companies and the gun show promoter were trying to circumvent a state ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines by calling them repair kits, City Attorney Dennis Herrera said in the statement. But the kits can easily be assembled into high-capacity magazines like those used in recent mass shootings in Connecticut and Colorado, Herrera said.

"The gun businesses we've sued today think they've devised a clever end-run around California law by selling fully functional high-capacity magazines that have simply been disassembled into a few easily reassembled parts," Herrera said in the statement. "Our litigation intends to prove otherwise."

Herrera said the companies named in the suit sold the magazines online. They are Oregon-based 44Mag Distributing, Texas-based Exile Machine and Ohio-based Copes Distributing. Herrera also sued Utah-based gun show promoter B&L Productions.

A representative from Exile Machine declined to comment, while calls to the other companies late Monday afternoon were not immediately returned.

The state enacted a ban on the sale, import, or manufacture of new high-capacity magazines in 1999, according to the city attorney's statement.

You had a few vendors selling the same thing