Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > The Target Man - AR500 Shooting Targets
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 4:26 AM

Default "Do-It-Yourself" Dueling Treek Target Kit! $110 SHIPPED!!

I have received several PM's about dueling trees. Though I do not assemble/ship dueling tree targets because they are large and heavy (very expensive to ship), I do offer a kit for the "do-it-yourselfer". This is a Target Man ORIGINAL!

Your dueling tree is extremely easy to make with the use of my kit. Simply fabricate a simple base, use 1.5" angle iron for the riser, and weld on the pivot tubes. Insert the paddles in to the pivot tubes and you have a nice kit for 1/3 the cost of most manufacturers.

This kit comes with 6 paddles and 6 tubes. Each paddle is 5" in diameter. You supply the angle iron and base material!

***Recommendation: Use 1/4" angle iron (1.5" angle). When welding on the riser, always have the top of the riser slightly leaned towards the shooter (approx 10-15 degrees). This will ensure the paddles positively stay to the left or right side during your duel and they will NOT get stuck. It also helps deflect frag toward the ground.

I sell these online for $129.99. I am offering (exclusively through Calguns) them here for $110. That is the price TO YOUR DOOR. Remember, this is coming from AZ, so sales tax does not apply! If you would like to make this an 8 target kit, figure $150 to your door!

Here are some of the pics. Let me know what you think. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I will send you out an invoice.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by TheTargetMan; 08-30-2012 at 4:30 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 8:01 PM

Could you give me some quick dimensions/ ideas for the base and perhaps a description of the angled piece and hinge arrangement in your pictures? I don't want mine to fall over when hit...I'm sort of struggling over how to build the base... I'd really like to be able to easily separate the vertical riser from the base for transport.
I bought your 8 piece target on eBay before the group buy( best price on eBay by FAR and instantaneous shipping! This guy is awesome, highly recommended guys)

Last edited by TheTargetMan; 09-17-2012 at 5:32 PM..
Old 09-17-2012, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Could you give me some quick dimensions/ ideas for the base and perhaps a description of the angled piece and hinge arrangement in your pictures? I don't want mine to fall over when hit...I'm sort of struggling over how to build the base... I'd really like to be able to easily separate the vertical riser from the base for transport.
I bought your 8 piece target on eBay before the group buy( best price on eBay by FAR and instantaneous shipping! This guy is awesome, highly recommended guys)
Thanks for the kind words...glad you like my product.
My hinge arrangement is very simple. It is just a piece of tubing that the steel slides in to. Moves very freely. I have never had an issue on my tree with the paddle getting stuck.

I would make the legs 3-4 feet in length. Also, the cross bar that goes between the legs is better if it is not actually centered and here is why. If it is moved further back (as the shooter is looking at it), you have to take in to consideration the forward angle up the upright. The angle iron should always be slightly angled toward the shooter (maybe 10-15 degrees) so gravity will keep the paddles to either the left or the right side. I have my tree angled and will honestly tell you that I have only one time had the paddle get stuck. I have thousands of impacts on my tree. So, please excuse my crappy paint drawing below (this computer does not have my CAD program), but this is how I would build the base and orient the angle iron...

Old 09-18-2012, 6:50 PM

Got my kit yesterday, pics don't do it justice. Will post pics next week after it is done.
Old 09-19-2012, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyruiz View Post
Got my kit yesterday, pics don't do it justice. Will post pics next week after it is done.
Looking forward to them. Thanks!

TTM
Old 09-25-2012, 6:13 PM

Here it is, I just finished painting my $170.00 dueling tree, why $170.00, because the kit was $150.00 and my friend only charged me $20.00 to build the stand. He is a welder so he had scrap steel laying around, he did not charge me for that. I wanted to give him $50.00, but he would not take it. This tree also comes apart for easy transport, the angle iron is bolted to the base with two screws. There is also holes on each corner of the base in case I want to spike it down. Well, LMK what you guys think?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-25-2012, 7:52 PM

Fantastic job! Nice, easy design that is extremely affordable! You would pay in excess of $400 for that tree should someone decide to buy one.

Everybody loves these kits. They are affordable and make the task of building the tree a piece of cake.

Again, excellent job! Now post some videos of you slapping those paddles around!
Old 09-26-2012, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTargetMan View Post
Fantastic job! Nice, easy design that is extremely affordable! You would pay in excess of $400 for that tree should someone decide to buy one.

Everybody loves these kits. They are affordable and make the task of building the tree a piece of cake.

Again, excellent job! Now post some videos of you slapping those paddles around!
Thanks, but I can only take credit for painting it. I wanted a dueling tree for a long time, but they were all out of my price range till your kit, so thank you fo making it so affordable. Unfortunately, I will not be using it for a while, but when I do, I will get some video for you.
Old 09-27-2012, 7:41 AM
Veteran Member

Tagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
Get a DILLON...
Old 09-28-2012, 6:26 AM

What steel is the paddles made of ?
Old 09-28-2012, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareform View Post
What steel is the paddles made of ?
The paddles are made of 3/8th AR500 Steel.

Any chance of making some rimfire paddles?
Old 09-30-2012, 7:27 PM
CGN Contributor

Nice looking final product there Jyruiz! Man, I want one, but I dont have any buddies with welders here in San Diego. I Guess that means its time to buy a cheap welder and learn how to weld!
Old 10-01-2012, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalXD View Post
Nice looking final product there Jyruiz! Man, I want one, but I dont have any buddies with welders here in San Diego. I Guess that means its time to buy a cheap welder and learn how to weld!

If I didn't have this friend, I was going to ask a maintenance guy here at my work, don't know if your work has a maintenance department, but if you do, maybe you can ask one of the guys there.
Old 10-04-2012, 8:21 AM

Is 3/8" AR 500 strong enough to stand repetive shots from high powered centerfire rifles, or is 1/2 a better way to go. Like the kit. Just trying to for my needs.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM

3/8" will do if you shoot it no closer than 100 yards, 1/2 would be better for inside 100 yards.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Jyruiz is correct. I have shot the tree from 40 yards +/- with .223 and you do get some pock marks, but I would imagine the paddles can withstand thousands upon thousands of impacts from closer range. I always suggest 100 yards for 3/8" AR500, but you can shoot closer. Just expect reduced life.

1/2" is better of course, but considerably heavier.