Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 07-08-2009, 9:01 PM

This is the letter that I recieved from the ATF
The upper Left Side that I Marked Out is my Name and Address

The upper Right side that i Marked out is my License numberscan0001.jpg
Old 07-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member

ok , the bug bit me too,
I just ordered the forms online, I am wondering if I should submit the pdf to get the proccess started?
and wait for the, to kick it back to speed things up
-bb

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759

Brand NEW Apple MacBooks and Mini for sale
Old 07-12-2009, 9:31 PM

If I were you, I'd just mail in the green forms right away, and skip the pdf bit. Few folks I know got the actual license about 2 weeks after submitting the green forms. You may actually be waiting loner if you try to beat the system. Just my $0.02.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mievil View Post
If I were you, I'd just mail in the green forms right away, and skip the pdf bit. Few folks I know got the actual license about 2 weeks after submitting the green forms. You may actually be waiting loner if you try to beat the system. Just my $0.02.
I just ordered the forms last night, I dont have a form in hand right now, thats why I am asking if I should send the pdf in.
-bb

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759

Brand NEW Apple MacBooks and Mini for sale
Old 07-14-2009, 7:45 PM

Default Finally got my "green" Form 7CR

Waited 6 weeks to the day. Finally! Sending it in tomorrow!
Old 07-14-2009, 8:05 PM

my suggestion is to send in the pdf version you'll get your license by the time they send you the green form.

just follow my instructions
Old 07-15-2009, 4:57 AM

i'd wait for the green forms. i've been waiting for them to process my PDF formatted file for a long time now. i've even spoken to an examiner on the phone. i'm 1/2 tempted to send in the green form and just let my account be charged again....
Old 07-15-2009, 8:47 AM

I just set out the pdf form on Monday. The green form came yesterday. Do I resend the green form?
"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit -- ever. They're like the Viet Cong. Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote." --Carl Spackler--
Old 07-15-2009, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongfoo View Post
i'd wait for the green forms. i've been waiting for them to process my PDF formatted file for a long time now. i've even spoken to an examiner on the phone. i'm 1/2 tempted to send in the green form and just let my account be charged again....
when you send in the green form your suppose to leave the payment info blank and send it in to a different examiner
Old 07-15-2009, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalguns View Post
I just set out the pdf form on Monday. The green form came yesterday. Do I resend the green form?
dont send in the green form yet, they'll charge your card in about a week in a half and in about 3 weeks they'll send you another copy of the green form that actually has your license Number on it and a letter (like the one i received and posted) telling you to send the green form without payment info so you dont get charged again to a specific examiner... Make sure you send in the Green form they send you because it has your license number already on it
Old 07-15-2009, 6:58 PM

It appears they are handling this differently for different people. Because I got a letter saying that my PDF was not accepted, but they did NOT send me a green form. I was instructed to call the number or go to the website and get a green form.

The green form I ordered back in May finally showed up the other day and I mailed it in.
Old 07-15-2009, 7:15 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiver View Post
It appears they are handling this differently for different people. Because I got a letter saying that my PDF was not accepted, but they did NOT send me a green form..
I figured that that was the next stage in the process. Since people figued out "send in the PDF and they'll send you the green form" method of expeditiing getting a green form, it looks like they may have stopped the process.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-16-2009, 6:42 AM

Thank you!
"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit -- ever. They're like the Viet Cong. Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote." --Carl Spackler--
Old 07-16-2009, 6:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I figured that that was the next stage in the process. Since people figued out "send in the PDF and they'll send you the green form" method of expeditiing getting a green form, it looks like they may have stopped the process.
Too bad, there goes our unintended benefit.

Turby
Old 07-16-2009, 2:54 PM

maybe they ran out?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM

Is this where I send the application to for the ATF?

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Firearms Technology Branch

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25401
Old 07-22-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25401
Nope, the correct address is on the form, the Atlanta, GA address.

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:29 PM

Ah, damn I should have read the back! lol I was just following the steps on the surplus rifle website.
Old 07-23-2009, 8:28 PM

Hey Fellas sorry to be asking this but Im having a lil confusion regarding the CLEO portion of the app. What so I do with this portion? Send it to the Sheriff station? Local PD? Certain person? Sorry I am just not understanding this part. Also is this just a heads up for local PD or do I have to get an approval form them as well? Sorry for my ignorance. And Thanks for your time if you answer this.
Old 07-23-2009, 8:39 PM

you just send the CLEO copy to your CLEO, either the chief of police or the Sheriff. Once you drop it in the mail, you're all set. You don't have to do anything other than note on the ATFcopy who you sent the CLEO copy to. That's it. So, in your case, you would send it to your Local PD attn to the Chief, or if you live in a contract city and the Sheriff's Dept patrols your city, then you would send it to the Sheriff, or could send it to the captain that runs the local substation.

Old 07-23-2009, 9:05 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)

Quote:
you just send the CLEO copy to your CLEO, either the chief of police or the Sheriff. Once you drop it in the mail, you're all set. You don't have to do anything other than note on the ATFcopy who you sent the CLEO copy to. That's it. So, in your case, you would send it to your Local PD attn to the Chief, or if you live in a contract city and the Sheriff's Dept patrols your city, then you would send it to the Sheriff, or could send it to the captain that runs the local substation.
That's it, simple as that.

Just an important note; be prepared to receive a courtesy call from the Chief's staff regarding your app.
In my case they were extremely courteous and down to the point (just listen carefully before you answer).

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 07-23-2009 at 9:09 PM..
Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 PM

thanks guys! And Mr. Lone Wolf Umm answer what???
Old 07-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25401

This is where I was instructed to send my green copy since I have not heard anything about the PDF form. I just got off the phone with a lady named Maria, who was very nice and returned my call within about 20 minutes of leaving a VM. She shows my staus as being processed still, but I told her I had another ATF form and she told me to send it to her attention at the above addy. Hopefully this will speed things up!
Old 07-28-2009, 6:42 PM

I don't want to get in trouble on the board for pimping commercial services, so please take this as an FYI only. I am not affiliated, blah blah.

I did submit my PDF which was rejected and I had to wait for my green forms. My green forms came and I mailed them back. Got my license from the ATF late last week (YEAH!!!).

After getting my C&R I called RK Enterprises to order their bound book. The guy I spoke to on the phone indicated that the bound book came with an app. I told them not to send me an app because I just got my C&R so they should use their apps for someone else (I have a some more coming in the mail because I stupidly kept ordering them two at a time every few weeks from the ATF lol. Giving away two on this forum.) So if you are desperate and in a hurry and are willing to pay them for their book, you can get a form in a few days.

I don't want to pollute the thread and don't want to turn this into a TL;DR, so I will only say that I did get my package from RK and in general it is a decent value. You can make your own bound book for free -- RK does add some value because there is proprietary information in their packet... Time will tell if the proprietary information was worth the money they charged or not. As of today I am on the fence but don't feel that I threw my money down the drain.

Anyway if you need an app that is a backdoor way to get one, if they still have them. You can call and ask and if you are willing to pay them them the money they will send you the bound book, app, and a bunch of other stuff.

I am still planning to take the LEO form that I never mailed into Kinkos to see if I can get them color matched
Old 07-30-2009, 5:23 AM

Guys,

Greetings from VA. I know this is my first post here and its going to be a dusey... I just got a call from the ATF asking me to relay some info to you.

I filled out the .pdf back in May and recieved my rejection letter. I finally got the 'green" form (I ordered back in April) last week, filled it out and sent it to the ATF examiner named in my rejection letter.

The guy calls me yesterday and wanted to know how many people I knew that used the .pdf and actually got their C&R FFL's...

So here is what he asked me to relay to you.

1. IF you (or someone you know) actually got an 03 FFL using the .pdf please call him and he will send you the approved form to fill out.

2. Your 03 FFL is still valid, and everything is OK. The ATF just needs the approved "green" form to put on file.

Contact info:

Examiner Shawn Cook (304)616-4619
Shawn.Cook at ATF.gov

He was a nice enough guy and I spoke at length with him about it. He said it was something with their management and what not. I definatly got the impression that the ATF did not want people taking this little form distribution delay into their own hands any longer. He assured me that all he wants to do is make sure anybody that got their license using the .pdf has the approved application form on file with them to avoid any problems later.

Thanks for the effort on this anyway.
Will

Last edited by rklessdriver; 07-30-2009 at 5:26 AM..
Old 07-30-2009, 1:59 PM
Administrator

Will, thanks for coming on here to let us know.

Folks, please make note of this!!

Turby
Old 08-11-2009, 3:13 PM

Does anyone know if the mailing delay on the forms has improved? I'm at 5 weeks and counting since my request.
Old 08-23-2009, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie613 View Post
Does anyone know if the mailing delay on the forms has improved? I'm at 5 weeks and counting since my request.
I called the ATF in the first week of August to request the forms (the nice lady suggested I get two sets in case I mess one up), and got them within about 10 days. If you still have not received them, I suggest you call again.
Old 08-25-2009, 9:21 PM

Yesterday, I called the local ATF Field Office for L.A. (Glendale), spoke to a lady who transfered me to an investigator. I simply asked the investigator for the green form...and guess what came in the mail today...the green form. YEFF!!! Thanks for everyone that provided all the useful help. I'm gonna get this sucker sent in and I'll report back on time and outcome.
Old 08-31-2009, 9:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Got a call from Marsha Wadsworth from the ATF last Wednesday saying that my application had been misplaced. Marsha said she would send me a new one to fill out and that there was no need to pay the fee again. Very nice lady to speak with and sure enough about 2 days later I received my green forms in the mail.

I wonder if the pdf version is not a problem but the fact that we have printed them on white paper instead of the green paper that the original was printed on.

The reason I mention this is that I would imagine that those that are responsible for processing the applications are instructed not to take xerox copies of the form and the green form is a visual indicator that it is indeed legit.

That being said the copy that was posted by turby is the most recent version the only difference being that the words

Copy 1 - ATF Copy
Copy 2 - CLEO

are in red ink at the bottom of the form I have in hand. It might be worth a shot to try printing these on the correct color paper and with change I mentioned above to see if they will accept them.

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 09-12-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
ATF has been scheduling pre-license inspections for C&R FFLs on occasion, and are doing more audits of C&R FFLs as well.
If they did a pre-inspection, what would prevent you from getting a C&R?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 AM

I ordered the form online on Friday, it came in Monday's mail! Anybody know if I can use the PDF I printed online for the COE?

*** UPDATE*** My FFL03 application came back - I'd put "06" as my birth date and they figured it was wrong, asked me to correct it. Musta been pretty excited to make that mistake.

TLCGunTrust@gmail.com
Nothing I post here constitutes legal advice, nor can it establish an attorney/client relationship.

Last edited by Grendl; 11-17-2009 at 8:09 AM.. Reason: update
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM

Yes, you can use the COE PDF. CADOJ are the ones that PDF'ed it and host it for your use.

Old 09-30-2009, 6:19 PM
Veteran Member

I'm sending in my app tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 10-14-2009, 9:59 PM

Just so you know, I had to call the ATF forms center in Atlanta three times in order to get my app. package. Ultimately, I got three sets, months apart.
Old 11-09-2009, 6:19 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yes, you can use the COE PDF. CADOJ are the ones that PDF'ed it and host it for your use.
Can't figure this our for my self. What is a Certificate of Eligibility and what are the advantages of having one?
Old 12-02-2009, 9:26 PM

I ordered the form online and it came in the mail within a week.

I sent the filled out application today. Let's see how long this will take.
Old 12-29-2009, 9:58 AM

Any updates on this? I have my form filled out and will send out today. Just wanted to see if any recent appliers have received their license.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotAmmo? View Post
Any updates on this? I have my form filled out and will send out today. Just wanted to see if any recent appliers have received their license.
you must use the original green form that ATF supplies. You can't use the PDF version that Turbo created.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/20...-of-forms.html

Old 12-29-2009, 10:39 AM

I should be ok then if that was the issue. I did have a license before and it expired so I'm attaching a seperate sheet with a copy and an explanation of what happened since I answered "Yes" to having a license before. If that doesn't sound right, let me know.