Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 01-20-2016, 1:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

that's a terrible weld, kind of scary if that is what they can do.
Old 01-20-2016, 3:12 PM

I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle by the weld. I'm impressed they were able to actually put a complete looking gun on display when just a few weeks earlier all they had were some internal parts and a plastic stereolith receiver.

The rifle doesn't meet my "true repro" standards but I see the company's point for introducing obvious deviations. I wish them success.
Old 01-20-2016, 3:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

maybe atlantic firearms could do a CA version for us.
Old 01-20-2016, 4:09 PM
Veteran Member

Interesting they are using HK trigger packs. I wonder if a transferable sear pack would work.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:55 AM
Veteran Member

I bought one on their website last night after watching the In-range tv clip from shot show. They ship to CA. Going to be interesting if they can deliver by 6/16. I got the 8mm Kurz version.

Looks like a fine gun in the footage, just wanted to see an actually example before I put down the $$$. Still a gamble though I guess, I'll keep the forum updated.

Since it has a STANAG mag then I bet it's going to use a standard AR bullet button.
Old 01-21-2016, 6:58 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
maybe atlantic firearms could do a CA version for us.
HMG already said they will be producing a CA version. (if they get it here before the ban)
Old 01-21-2016, 7:02 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I bought one on their website last night after watching the In-range tv clip from shot show. They ship to CA. Going to be interesting if they can deliver by 6/16. I got the 8mm Kurz version.

Looks like a fine gun in the footage, just wanted to see an actually example before I put down the $$$. Still a gamble though I guess, I'll keep the forum updated.

Since it has a STANAG mag then I bet it's going to use a standard AR bullet button.
I spoke with them, and they indicated that they will be charging cards at time of purchase (not time of shipping). Did you confirm with them before you bought? You may have already "put the $$ down" BTW have you PRICED 8mm Kurtz recently? No less than .75 per round! (when you can find it) Big mistake. 7.62x39 is about a THIRD of that price. What's the point of having a rifle you can't afford to shoot?
Old 01-21-2016, 7:25 AM
Veteran Member

Bullet button and 10 round magazine?

Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

It's not better to safe than sorry: It's better to be right than wrong
Old 01-21-2016, 7:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
I spoke with them, and they indicated that they will be charging cards at time of purchase (not time of shipping). Did you confirm with them before you bought? You may have already "put the $$ down" BTW have you PRICED 8mm Kurtz recently? No less than .75 per round! (when you can find it) Big mistake. 7.62x39 is about a THIRD of that price. What's the point of having a rifle you can't afford to shoot?
Reloading the ammo would make 7.62x39 and 8mm Kurtz virtually the same price.

Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

It's not better to safe than sorry: It's better to be right than wrong
Old 01-21-2016, 7:39 AM
Veteran Member

Plus it is going to be like an AR in that all you have to do is change barrels and maybe the bolt to change the caliber.

I ordered one in 7.92X33 and then picked up 500 rounds of ammo. Next on the list is to get some dies and I will be good for a long time.
Old 01-21-2016, 8:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcassonne View Post
Reloading the ammo would make 7.62x39 and 8mm Kurtz virtually the same price.
Except for Hornady discontinued their 125gr 8mm Kurz projectiles almost 2 years ago and Buffalo Arms' store brand bullets are made from scarily hard solid brass.

Hopefully PRVI Partizan will start importing their 125gr bullets, again...
Old 01-21-2016, 10:35 AM

I plan on getting a 7.62x39 version but after I see firing demos of production models. Of course if the stupid bills in Sacramento pass, that would probably force my hand but it won't be known until it happens.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:06 PM

More coverage of the H&M STG by IV8888
Old 01-21-2016, 1:18 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
Except for Hornady discontinued their 125gr 8mm Kurz projectiles almost 2 years ago and Buffalo Arms' store brand bullets are made from scarily hard solid brass.

Hopefully PRVI Partizan will start importing their 125gr bullets, again...
LOL - yeah, plus you can't reload rifle rounds over and over like pistol ammo. Sooner or later people getting them in 8mm Kurtz will regret getting them in an obsolete caliber.
Old 01-21-2016, 1:22 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Just hand it to Ian and have him shoot the bloody thing on his Web Show already (if it actually works)
Old 01-21-2016, 2:24 PM

Quote:
LOL - yeah, plus you can't reload rifle rounds over and over like pistol ammo. Sooner or later people getting them in 8mm Kurtz will regret getting them in an obsolete caliber.
True, rifle cartridges will eventually end up with split necks or shoulders. You can extend the cartridge life by annealing, if done the correct way. I get at least 10 reloads out of my G43 brass, even without annealing.

The original MP44 and the PTR44 clone are very rough on brass. Sometimes the necks are dented inwards beyond repair. On the upside, 8mm Kurz cartridges can be fashioned from discarded G43 or K98 cartridges with split necks or shoulders. You'll have to trim the top 24mm off anyways. 30-06 and 7mm Mauser cartridges work as good, only the 308 brass refuses to be formed in an 8mm Kurz full size die. Haven't tried 270 Winchester yet.
Old 01-21-2016, 3:00 PM

Quote:
only the 308 brass refuses to be formed in an 8mm Kurz full size die. Haven't tried 270 Winchester yet.
Have you tried annealing the 308 brass before resizing to 8mm Kurz?
Old 01-21-2016, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
Have you tried annealing the 308 brass before resizing to 8mm Kurz?
No, I have not. I suspected the 308 brass to be thicker than the regular PPU/Wolf 8mm Mauser cases. I'm not very experienced with annealing but I know if not done right, it does more harm than good.
Old 01-21-2016, 3:15 PM

You have to make sure that the brass is heated between 700-750 degrees Fahrenheit for a maximum of a few seconds, any more and you could also make the head of the case too soft when it's supposed to be hard. Annealing would help to resize thick cases without cracking before you resize, that's what I did when I chopped .270 Winchester cases to 56mm to resize to 8mm Mauser and it worked fine without any neck cracking.
Old 01-21-2016, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
You have to make sure that the brass is heated between 700-750 degrees Fahrenheit for a maximum of a few seconds, any more and you could also make the head of the case too soft when it's supposed to be hard. Annealing would help to resize thick cases without cracking before you resize, that's what I did when I chopped .270 Winchester cases to 56mm to resize to 8mm Mauser and it worked fine without any neck cracking.
That sounds like a project to work on during El Nino when I can't go shooting.
Old 01-21-2016, 3:47 PM

It helps to have an annealing machine to make the annealing process consistent, but barring that, just get some 700 degree Tempilaq so you know when to stop heating a case manually before it gets overannealed.
Old 01-21-2016, 6:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I did not talk to them, already charged the card.

I'll pay extra for the Kurtz and reload, not going to be shooting this like crazy anyway. They indicated they would sell conversion kits for other calibers eventually.

It's a gamble without knowing anything but I have been watching the In-Range videos on it and I broke down with excitement watching the shot show videos.

The originals where blued or cellulose covered (bare metal) so any finish, park or paint, is not really original. The Germans would have parked them eventually had they not been obliterated.
Old 01-21-2016, 8:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
No, I have not. I suspected the 308 brass to be thicker than the regular PPU/Wolf 8mm Mauser cases. I'm not very experienced with annealing but I know if not done right, it does more harm than good.
There is a guy on Calguns (killshot44) who will clean and anneal your brass for .10 cents per case. He has gotten several rave reviews for his service. It might be worth it if you don't have the proper annealing setup. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=670665
Old 01-21-2016, 8:35 PM
Veteran Member

iv moved on from this, got my fix with the 22 version, yeah I know its not the same, but that one is where this would be after a trip or 2, in the back of the safe, and it was $1000+ less

on to the next adventure
-bb

NRA Life Endowment Member - CRPA Member

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759
Old 01-24-2016, 8:42 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yes we will be a distributor for the line and be offering these and their mags and acessories
Old 01-24-2016, 10:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

i just hope the price will drop, like half. lol
Old 07-30-2016, 1:35 AM
Veteran Member

any word on these
Old 07-30-2016, 1:47 AM
Veteran Member

I talked with them about a week ago and they said that they where especially aware of the California issue, and that we take priority because of the new laws. They also said that 8mm Kurz versions would be the first ready off the line. They said in a 2 month timeframe, no specifics.
Old 07-30-2016, 2:10 AM
Calguns Addict

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if these make it by the end of the year. Hell, end of next year would also surprise me.
Old 07-30-2016, 2:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishMike View Post
I would be EXTREMELY surprised if these make it by the end of the year. Hell, end of next year would also surprise me.
Did you call them and ask? They assured me it would be California first, latest late August.
Old 07-30-2016, 2:30 AM
Calguns Addict

They don't even have a working prototype that I have seen in one caliber, let alone 4. I've been around the block a few times with stuff like this. They will need at least 3-6 months of testing/adjusting before even tooling up for production,which takes months as well.
Old 07-30-2016, 4:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
With current law on the books,wouldn't these have to be purchased by
12-31-2016?

Pete

Since 1971 using/abusing my Colt ARs(thru thousands of rds) some Full Auto----no spares required.

I had a commission/USNR from 71-77 but neverconsider myself a Veteran.MyDad+4uncles/USMC/WW2/Korea/Vietnam. My Grandfather US Army WW1. No heroes,just regular folks--they were Veterans.
Old 07-30-2016, 4:57 AM

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
Old 07-30-2016, 7:48 AM
Veteran Member

I keep looking for a video or a review where they actually shoot the rifle, but keep coming up empty.

Maybe I am just a cynical a-hole, but sure seems like just a lot of hype so far.
Old 07-30-2016, 8:35 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

I'm STILL waiting to see a SINGLE video of a SINGLE one of these actually firing a mag full of live ammo. They keep claiming they are "right around the corner" on this, but seems to me they are MILES away.
Old 07-31-2016, 1:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4spd View Post
12-31-2016?

Pete
Past that they would have to be featureless.
209 833-9100
For sales Questions please email Sales@tracyrifleandpistol.com
Old 07-31-2016, 1:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm STILL waiting to see a SINGLE video of a SINGLE one of these actually firing a mag full of live ammo. They keep claiming they are "right around the corner" on this, but seems to me they are MILES away.
Exactly, and even at that point you need MONTHS to make sure it keeps working. Especially in different calibers. The internals of this rifle are not simple and extremely minor difference will prevent the gun from working.
209 833-9100
Old 07-31-2016, 3:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Past that they would have to be featureless.

Featureless ruins the whole purpose of how the STGW44 looks and works. That
isn't going to happen. Pete

Since 1971 using/abusing my Colt ARs(thru thousands of rds) some Full Auto----no spares required.

I had a commission/USNR from 71-77 but neverconsider myself a Veteran.MyDad+4uncles/USMC/WW2/Korea/Vietnam. My Grandfather US Army WW1. No heroes,just regular folks--they were Veterans.
Old 07-31-2016, 9:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Featureless ruins the whole purpose of how the STGW44 looks and works. That
isn't going to happen. Pete
This HMG version already ruins the whole purpose of how the STGW44 looks and works
209 833-9100
Old 07-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
12-31-2016?

Pete
That's why I called them after Brown signed the bills. They said they where very aware of the issue, and would prioritize the California customers. "no problem" for December 31st.

I hope my early order and the fact that they charged my card in January will put me on top of the list.