Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 02-08-2017, 1:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Question about out of state c&r handgun purchase

Okay here is my question I have a FFL03 + coe and i will be traveling out of state is it still legal to purchase a c&r handgun from out of state and bring back to ca and is there a limit like 1 per 30 days
Old 02-08-2017, 1:38 PM
CGSSA Associate

Yes, it's legal. You have 5 days to register with this form once you bring the gun(s) into CA.

There is no 1 in 30 restriction for C&R handguns.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance is Duty

"Our policy should not be informed by our collective outrage about one man's conduct." AG Kamala Harris referring to San Francisco's sanctuary policy and 7 time convicted felon and illegal alien Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9CA
...Nor may we relegate the bearing of arms to a “second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees that we have held to be incorporated into the Due Process Clause.”
Old 02-08-2017, 1:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Forget the COE when out of state because it is just a CA requirement.
Old 02-08-2017, 9:46 PM
short bus driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
Okay here is my question I have a FFL03 + coe and i will be traveling out of state is it still legal to purchase a c&r handgun from out of state and bring back to ca and is there a limit like 1 per 30 days
It is still legal. [PC 27565]
Within 5 days of returning to CA, you must report all the C&R firearms you acquired while outside of CA. [PC 27565(b)]

1 in 30 day wait does not apply.

Penal Code 27565
(a) This section applies in the following circumstances:
(1) A person is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.
(2) The licensed premises of that person are within this state.
(3) The licensed collector acquires, outside of this state, a handgun, and commencing January 1, 2014, any firearm.
(4) The licensed collector takes actual possession of that firearm outside of this state pursuant to the provisions of subsection (j) of Section 923 of Title 18 of the United States Code, as amended by Public Law 104-208, and transports the firearm into this state.
(5) The firearm is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(b) Within five days of transporting a firearm into this state under the circumstances described in subdivision (a), the licensed collector shall report the acquisition of that firearm to the department in a format prescribed by the department.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 02-10-2017, 5:35 PM
klaatu barada nikto!
CGN Contributor

You can also create an account and do the reporting online. You will need a credit card as well.

https://cfars.doj.ca.gov/

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)
Old 02-11-2017, 8:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks guys for the helpful responses