Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 04-23-2013, 3:20 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Kyle Defoor 2-Day Carbine Class - Sept 6-7, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

Kyle Defoor 2-Day Carbine Class - Sept 6-7, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

Kyle Defoor
www.kyledefoor.com

Kyle Defoor is a former Special Mission Unit combat decorated Navy SEAL and sniper who served in Afghanistan. He was awarded the Bronze Star w/Valor for actions in Operation Anaconda. Kyle teaches firearms and tactics to military and law enforcement personnel throughout the United States. He offers marksmanship related open enrollment classes to qualified civilians.

Alias Training & Security Services
www.aliastraining.com

****This class will be shooting out to 300 yards and include a low-light portion.****

Kyle Defoor 2-Day Carbine Class - Sept 6-7, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

The 2-Day Carbine course is recommended for those that have attended shooting courses before or who have a thorough understanding of pistol/carbine basics and already have safe gun handling skills. Topics covered will include;

•Accessories,weapon setup, slings, gear, sights, optics, ballistics, cleaning/lube
• safety
• fundamentals
• accuracy
• positions, transitions
• speed
• barricades
• shooting on the move
• reloads
• malfunctions
• multiple targets
• running with both weapons
• shooting under stress, shooting tests
• night shoot
• projection, awareness, land marking, mindset

This class is designed for experienced shooters to fill the void for a class that hits all aspects of carbine shooting quickly and effectively, AND make the most time for those on a tight schedule or those that have limited training days available. Please try and show up with some sort of zero on your carbine. This is a hugely popular class with military units and some LE units.

Some drills require physical exertion and an elevated heart rate. Military and LE members are welcomed, encouraged to wear their gear and weapons as they would for their application. Days are typically 9-10 hours in length with a short lunch break. Certificates are given upon successful completion of shooting tests.

Instructor: Kyle Defoor

Class dates: Sept 6-7, 2013

Cost: $525

Weapon & Gear Requirements:
- Eye and ear pro
- Serviceable carbine with at least 2 magazines per
- weapon mounted light for carbine
-Handheld light
- Minimum 1 mag pouch per gun
- Weapon cleaning/maintenance kit
- Appropriate weather/seasonal items
- Food/water as needed by individual
- Have a rough zero for carbine (email if you have questions)
- Good attitude

- 1000 rounds of carbine (Max) / 400 rounds (Min)

To sign-up for this class please use this link to the Alias Training website sign-up page for this class;
http://aliastraining.com/kyledefoor2...angelesca.aspx

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
Paul@aliastraining.com

Kyle statement on ammo for classes;

"With the recent spike of ammunition prices and scarce availability I have come up with an adjusted round count option of 400 total rounds for my OE 2 day pistol, carbine, or combo classes for those that want to train but supply/cost/availability of ammo is an issue.

Simplistically, some drills are simply cut in half, however there are some factors that many don't consider which I've tried out with some custom and mil classes already this year. I have had no complaints so far, only positive remarks from those who I've done this with. Again, 400 rounds total for both days is possible. Hopefully this will help some out."

***IF YOU CANNOT FIND REASONABLY PRICED AMMO FOR THE CLASS PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT Paul@aliastraining.com. WE HAVE SEVERAL VENDORS LINED UP TO SUPPLY AMMO TO OUR STUDENTS.***
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 04-24-2013, 1:43 AM

I'm in and I can't wait.
Old 04-24-2013, 8:06 AM

If I can scrounge up enough ammo, I am in as well.
Old 04-24-2013, 6:50 PM
Vendor/Retailer

This class is being held at Burro Canyon.

Actual times are up to Kyle but I figure he will stop for dinner and then pick the class back up again for the low-light section
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com