Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 07-19-2010, 2:01 AM

Arrow best ar15 80% lower receiver

im looking to start working on a 80% receiver.... i was wondering who makes the best quality receiver for the price? thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 2:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
im looking to start working on a 80% receiver.... i was wondering who makes the best quality receiver for the price? thanks
The majority of the 80%s out there are similar so it doesn't matter that much where you get it from.

Just making sure that you are aware of the work to complete the 80% right? It takes a good amount of time and you should have at least a mill to do it. People do it on a drill press too but yeah, a mill would be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Old 07-19-2010, 2:11 AM

yeah i bought a jig, should be in tomorrow, and my buddy has a mill that hes going to let me use! so the lowest i see the receivers selling for is $80... is that the lowest i will find?
Old 07-19-2010, 6:51 AM

I have seen finished lowers for that price. Why would you want to do all that work when you can buy one already done?
Old 07-19-2010, 7:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddvilleHustler View Post
I have seen finished lowers for that price. Why would you want to do all that work when you can buy one already done?
1) Paperless gun for the paranoid
2) One legal route to an AR pistol in CA.
Old 07-19-2010, 6:56 AM

If you call Nathan at Tactical Machining and mention Calguns he will sell them to you for $75. You have to call though, not order off of their website.
Old 07-19-2010, 7:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm-bill View Post
If you call Nathan at Tactical Machining and mention Calguns he will sell them to you for $75. You have to call though, not order off of their website.
He might sell it for that price but shipping from TM is about $13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Old 07-19-2010, 7:05 AM

Personally, I like the look of Quentin Defense's integrated trigger guard and threaded bolt release mount (whatever you call the two ears that traditionally have a roll pin pushed through to affix the bolt release tab). I would go that route with an 80% build. However, some jigs need to be modified to accomodate the chunkier bolt release, IIRC.
-g
Old 07-19-2010, 2:19 PM

yeah i really want a ar pistol....
Old 05-07-2013, 9:38 AM

With all the 80% lowers available now, I'm not sure which one to get. Any advice. I've read that the billet lowers are supposed to be heavier as well. Would you guys know which 80% billet lower in the market now is the lightest and best bang for the buck. I know they are all pretty much priced the same. What features should I look for when getting one of these.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I know I'll get flamed but if you can get a billet lower over a forged one without paying too much more then you should go that route. I own a forged TM and a Billet QD lower and like the look of the billet one a lot more. It's a sharper cleaner look in my opinion. Unfortunately, most companies charge a lot more for the billet ones.
AR #1: BCM4, 556 Tactical EVO 15, Rainier XTC. PICTURES AND PROGRESS