Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 02-04-2019, 7:18 PM

Default Anyone have an Accuracy International Rifle near Sacramento?

Iím considering dropping some serious coin on an AT or AX. I would love to handle one and put a few rounds through it if someone would be so kind. I could meet you at a Range in the Sacramento area. Ammo of your choice is of course on me and you can keep the brass.
2A Foundation Life Member
Cal Guns Foundation Member

"If you live in California and you value your firearm rights then put your money where your mouth is!"
Old 02-04-2019, 7:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The AXMC have dropped price. New ASR (Sold only as a kit $19,500) and AXSR coming out soon.

I would purchase another one if I had the $. What caliber are you looking to buy?

Only regret is, kinda wish I got the AXMC instead of the AX308 (Short Action in 6.5CM)
Old 02-04-2019, 10:55 PM

Yeah I saw those discounted prices. I was going to get an AT im 6.5 Creedmoor, but Iím probably going to be picking up an AXMC in .338 Lapua and get the barrel and conversion stuff for short action later.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_nor_cal View Post
Yeah I saw those discounted prices. I was going to get an AT im 6.5 Creedmoor, but Iím probably going to be picking up an AXMC in .338 Lapua and get the barrel and conversion stuff for short action later.
DO IT!!!!! IMO you won't regret it.

I was hoping they would offer something in the 300 PRC.
Old 02-05-2019, 9:03 PM

They make some 300 PRC barrels

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
Old 02-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Calguns Addict

No way you’ll regret an AI.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:55 AM

If you lived closer and I had some time, kid's sports, I'd let you try all 3 rifles. All Accuracy International rifles, old and new gens, feel like shooting a precision AR platform. The reoil seems to be a push straight back. It's not softer, just the way the rifle pushes against you.
If you mainly shoot short action calibers, I would buy one of the short actions. I know the price is tempting but you may be happier with the short.
When I received my PSR years ago, I sighted the scope in in all 3 calibers it came with. after a few years, I mainly shot 308 and 260 through it. So I bought the AT and AX 308 so I wouldn't have to switch. I shoot the short actions more than the long. I haven't shot the long in years.
Something to think about, you will have to spend another $1500 to shoot 6.5 Creed and pay an extra $100 over the regular barrel price every time you need a barrel. The long action uses a 1.35 inch diameter barrel where the short uses a 1.2 or 1.25 breech. 6 and 6.5s go through barrels a little quicker than 308s do. Then if you have primer problems that's another $300 to $800 to have a small firing pin. All the later AX and AT rifles now come with a small firing pin. Part number ends in SP.
The rifles are worth every penny. I haven't touched my customs since I got my PSR.

Which ever you buy, you should be totally happy. The good thing with the AXMC, if you plan to only have 1 bolt gun, this is the one to buy. Well until they come out the Cheytac capable action. But that's another dream for me.

Last edited by cocorador; 02-06-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Old 02-11-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorador View Post
If you lived closer and I had some time, kid's sports, I'd let you try all 3 rifles. All Accuracy International rifles, old and new gens, feel like shooting a precision AR platform. The reoil seems to be a push straight back. It's not softer, just the way the rifle pushes against you.
If you mainly shoot short action calibers, I would buy one of the short actions. I know the price is tempting but you may be happier with the short.
When I received my PSR years ago, I sighted the scope in in all 3 calibers it came with. after a few years, I mainly shot 308 and 260 through it. So I bought the AT and AX 308 so I wouldn't have to switch. I shoot the short actions more than the long. I haven't shot the long in years.
Something to think about, you will have to spend another $1500 to shoot 6.5 Creed and pay an extra $100 over the regular barrel price every time you need a barrel. The long action uses a 1.35 inch diameter barrel where the short uses a 1.2 or 1.25 breech. 6 and 6.5s go through barrels a little quicker than 308s do. Then if you have primer problems that's another $300 to $800 to have a small firing pin. All the later AX and AT rifles now come with a small firing pin. Part number ends in SP.
The rifles are worth every penny. I haven't touched my customs since I got my PSR.

Which ever you buy, you should be totally happy. The good thing with the AXMC, if you plan to only have 1 bolt gun, this is the one to buy. Well until they come out the Cheytac capable action. But that's another dream for me.
Thanks for the post. I sent you a pm
2A Foundation Life Member
Cal Guns Foundation Member

"If you live in California and you value your firearm rights then put your money where your mouth is!"