Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default The Ultimate Bullet Button Tool LIVES!!

THORDSEN CUSTOMS HAS BEEN ON HIATUS ON CALGUNS FOR WHILE BUT NOW WE'RE BACK!!

WHERE HAVE WE BEEN??

During our time away a lot has been going on. We moved from the crowded and oppressively expensive San Francisco Bay Area to Diamond Springs in beautiful El Dorado County California. Unlike the Bay Area, we were welcomed in EDC with open arms. We retained two of our Bay Area employees and hired an awesome group of highly qualified EDC locals. We have established many ties with local advocacy groups, businesses, and law enforcement and we are currently preparing to move into a larger facility later this year.

California DOJ did not renew our high capacity magazine permit at the end of 2016 which killed our very successful line of blocked magazines. Their reason was that legally blocking magazines to ten rounds was not what the permit was intended for (even though we honestly explained our propose for wanting the permit FOR THE PREVIOUS EIGHT YEARS!!).

In 2017, we saw the decimation of nearly 1/3 of our product lines including the Ultimate Bullet Button Tool, the UBML ambidextrous magazine lock, and our entire line of ambidextrous magazine locked lowers. The cause was the raft of new anti-gun laws (passed by the legislature) and Prop 63 (passed by the voters).

OUR FREEDOM IS UNDER ATTACK!!

The world has certainly changed since my last post on this thread, and in the almost 10 years since our first successful AR product (The Ultimate Bullet Button Tool) was introduced here in California. Many of our freedoms have come under full frontal attack, not just our Second Amendment Rights but the very fabric of the Constitution itself. No longer are anti-freedom forces lurking in the corners and moving in the shadows. They have now infiltrated, infected, and legislated themselves right into our everyday lives.

TC is still as dedicated as ever to fighting these forces, not just here in California but all across the country. Our innovative products continue to help law abiding citizens keep and enjoy their RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS by keeping their “Modern Sporting Rifles” within the new restrictive laws forced upon them. We support and sponsor shooting matches, NRA events, and most importantly we contribute heavily to dozens of the advocacy groups and lawsuits fighting the tyranny that is destroying our state and or country.

Even if our efforts to combat and defeat anti-freedom forces mean the eventual irrelevance of our “compliance products” line of Featureless Rifle Stocks and accessories, TC as a company ( and I personally) will be proud to know that we’ve done our part to save our state and our republic and will move onto other adventures. Who knows, maybe we’ll raise Alpacas??

THE ULTIMATE BULLET BUTTON TOOL IS NOT DEAD!!

In light of the current adversity that we and all law abiding Californians are facing, we realized that there is still a necessity for our UBBT products. The new "Assault Weapon" registration law DOES NOT allow for the removal of the "bullet Button" from pre 2017 full featured semi automatic rifles. For those that choose to register their "BB" rifles, the Ultimate Bullet Button Tool (UBBT) is still, far and away, the most efficient method for fast magazine changes. After much thought and discussion, I've decided that rather than discontinue the entire line of UBBT products, we will continue to support law abiding citizens with newly registered BBAWs.

THORDO

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE ALL OF OUR UBBT PRODUCTS

Last edited by Thordo; 05-30-2018 at 7:59 PM.. Reason: update information
Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM

Cool!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Great idea! I don't (yet) see a downside to installing even on my dedicated Nevada post ban mags.. maybe the bump could snag on a mag pouch but other than that very nice. Any other downsides guys?
'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
Joshua Boston

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato
Old 01-24-2010, 2:09 PM

I've had the pleasure of seeing this great design in person at the last Cow Palace show... simply awesome, looks as good in person as it does online!
Old 01-24-2010, 2:24 PM

I certainly want a couple kits, being a lefty!!!
1972 Scratch Main Event Kern Co. Fairgrounds, Rick Blake #68
Old 01-24-2010, 2:33 PM

Interesting!
Old 01-24-2010, 3:00 PM

Nice Job thordo!!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 3:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Interesting
Old 01-24-2010, 4:12 PM

very good idea!
Old 01-24-2010, 4:50 PM
Banned

I expect a born and raised south city discount!!
Old 01-24-2010, 5:38 PM

I dont use a BB but if i did i would def. go with some of these, also love how the price is affordable. Makes it fun to upgrade when you can actually afford it.
Old 01-24-2010, 8:34 PM
Calguns Addict

I got a kit last week to test out and see what I thought.

I was thinking why not try it this guy totally thought of something different that follows the needs of us CalGunners...

I think it's a cool idea and I plan on getting more.

It is too easy to pop one out and get a new one in.

They are about as good as it gets having to run the BB...

Thordo great idea and yes I WILL be contacting you soon to get more!!

Thanks for thinking outside the BB.
Old 01-25-2010, 7:40 AM
Calguns Addict

I am a believer.. enough so that I ordered enough to do about +20 pMags. Allan and I had many an email back & a few phone calls back and forth, bouncing ideas and improvements around, talking about separate models - one for Mapuls for example, and in the end, I think this is one of the better BB tool ideas out there, if not the best for those of us stuck in CA having to use a tool to release our mags via the BB.

I was leery at first - mostly as a right hander using these - as can be read in some of the original threads, but now, no doubt in my mind - having used and tested them, that is crushes the GPIK and any hand held tool you have to hold or pick up in terms of (1) ease of use, even for a right hander was no issue (2) price for what you get (3) speed (4) can't be lost or dropped, etc... love this product.

Let me also add.. install is a breeze. You can literally install these on sealed pmags (or unsealed for that matter) - or on the magpuls - in a bout 2 minutes or less per widget.

Here are some photos of the direct mag install and the Magpul install method for those of us running magpuls.

Last edited by glock_this; 01-25-2010 at 7:49 AM..
Old 01-25-2010, 9:49 AM

Nice idea! PM sent to pick up a few kits.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 PM

Hey Calgunners, ordered mine today from Alan!! Great communication and easy payment methods. Just email thordsencustom@gmail.com and they will reply with the proper link for you. Thanks fellas.
Old 01-25-2010, 3:17 PM
Vendor/Retailer

We'll be at the Vallejo Show this Saturday 1/30 doing demos.

Thordo
Old 01-25-2010, 5:07 PM

Not trying to drop a turd in your punchbowl and I certainly am no lawyer. But I was reading quite a bit earlier today about a 'tool' that used a magnet to basically turn a BB into an oversized extended mag release and the concensus was that the product would make 95%+ Bullet button equipped CA legal rifles illegal due to fact that it was basically disabling the point of the bullet button by turning it into an extended larger magazine release button that did not require a tool to use and the fact that it could easily be left on the rifle made it a part of the rifle not a tool.
Anyhow, obviously different situation other than the fact that the tool your offering is attached/stored on the gun. The fact that you have to use a separate magazine to actually release the BB probably has you in the clear but you might want to talk with some folks around here that are knowledgable in this area. I know it is a matter of opinion, but Gene seems to lean toward not having tool attached to your rifle. Just my two cents. I think it's an awesome idea and wish you the best. Just wanted to make sure it's all good and not felonious.
Old 01-25-2010, 6:14 PM

Old 01-25-2010, 6:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbretbeyondthunderdome View Post
Not trying to drop a turd in your punchbowl and I certainly am no lawyer. But I was reading quite a bit earlier today about a 'tool' that used a magnet to basically turn a BB into an oversized extended mag release and the concensus was that the product would make 95%+ Bullet button equipped CA legal rifles illegal due to fact that it was basically disabling the point of the bullet button by turning it into an extended larger magazine release button that did not require a tool to use and the fact that it could easily be left on the rifle made it a part of the rifle not a tool.
Anyhow, obviously different situation other than the fact that the tool your offering is attached/stored on the gun. The fact that you have to use a separate magazine to actually release the BB probably has you in the clear but you might want to talk with some folks around here that are knowledgable in this area. I know it is a matter of opinion, but Gene seems to lean toward not having tool attached to your rifle. Just my two cents. I think it's an awesome idea and wish you the best. Just wanted to make sure it's all good and not felonious.
Wow, way to threadcrap.

These are GTG. once its "attached" to the gun, you cant use it as a tool.

OP, great product, i'm going to buy some shortly!
Old 01-25-2010, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbretbeyondthunderdome View Post
yeah, you do a little research and you will see that these are totally 100% different concepts and much of what you raised has already been hashed out.
Old 01-25-2010, 8:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How do we think the reliability will be of these. How sturdy are they to getting knocked around, banged into, or repeated use?

I'm going to try to make the Vallejo gun show this weekend to see them in person!

Great product!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefer_bob View Post
How do we think the reliability will be of these. How sturdy are they to getting knocked around, banged into, or repeated use?

I'm going to try to make the Vallejo gun show this weekend to see them in person!

Great product!
personally, they seem solid to me. they tighten down snug and are solid and seem to site well into plastic (I only have pMags). The other version that goes into the magpuls "might" be a little less solid as it is in rubber with washer backing, but they don't take much stress. I think biggest stress on them would be if you drop your mags. I do not, and if I do I have ranger plates or magpuls to take the blow (for the most part).

Anyway, I think they will survive pretty well and that was never a concern of mine. but heck, they are cheap and better then any other alternative I say.
Old 01-26-2010, 5:13 AM
Calguns Addict

pretty neat i knew a video would help!
Old 01-26-2010, 6:17 AM

Truly wasn't trying to threadcrap. I also think this is a really good idea. Just spent some time reading about the mag button yesterday and it got me thinking.
Old 01-26-2010, 6:23 AM

I am sure you will make a lot of folks happy around here with this design. Super affordable and works great, too. Good luck and keep thinking outside the box. People like yourself are the reason we have OLLs and I salute you.
Old 01-26-2010, 3:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Bump...nice job!

I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...
Old 01-26-2010, 3:51 PM

What a great idea!! I want a set of these. Are you guys going to be at the Costa Mesa show on 1/30 and 1/31??

JESUS is the Way, Truth, and the Life - John 14:6
Old 01-26-2010, 4:09 PM
Banned

It's a great idea to put the tool on the mag. The ones I made are sticking out of the bottom base plate, but they snag on everything...lol Good job man.

And to anyone thinking you can't attach the tool to the firearm...where do you think a bullet tip would be....in the magazine.
Old 01-27-2010, 5:33 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default SHOW UPDATE

We'll be at the Vallejo on Saturday 1/30.

Hope you can make it!!

Thordo
Old 01-28-2010, 5:45 AM
Vendor/Retailer

btt
Old 01-28-2010, 8:46 AM

I got mine and love them. I'm a lefty and they work great for me. Super idea!!Thanks for the communication to Thordo, appreciated.
Old 01-29-2010, 8:13 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default btt

btt
Old 01-30-2010, 8:05 AM

Just got mine yesterday! Can't wait to put them on my cali mags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Old 01-30-2010, 2:31 PM
Banned

Damn! That is a friggin good idea!
Old 01-30-2010, 3:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Alan, how did today's show go? Sell some? Get more interest? Are people "getting it" and seeing the value and great idea at the shows?
Old 01-30-2010, 4:37 PM

Got mine installed today -easy install and works like a charm
Installed kit B in permanent 10s that turned in to 9ers, but that was easily fixed with the drill.
- Great idea
/N
Old 01-30-2010, 6:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimoZ View Post
Got mine installed today -easy install and works like a charm
Installed kit B in permanent 10s that turned in to 9ers, but that was easily fixed with the drill.
- Great idea
/N
I've never seen a 10 round PMAG. Where did you get them?

Thordo
Old 01-30-2010, 6:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Vallejo show update

The Vallejo show was the best yet. Several Calgunners showed up that saw this thread and bought some kits. We also had our first confirmed repeat customer. To all of you I say THANK YOU!! This little tool is building up momentum and getting great acclaim.

We teamed up with two other AR parts vendors and together sold 42 kits, 4 preinstalled C-Prod mags, and did probably 100 demos. VERY EXCITING!! Unfortunately, we won't be at the show tomorrow (family gig) but my friends at Triple X Guns and Metal Dog Tactical will be selling them and doing more demos.

Glock_this, I'm sorry I totally spazzed on getting a butt stock. By the time we got done tallying and planning the next move it was getting late and we were exhausted.

Our next show will probably be in Stockton on 13-14 February.
http://www.codeofthewestgunshows.com..._schedules.htm
Old 01-30-2010, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordo View Post

Thordo
IIRC, an online vendor chops up 30 rounders into 10 rounders like these. They are running out of first gen bodies I think tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Old 01-30-2010, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordo View Post

Thordo
MidwestPX.com