Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 11-16-2012, 1:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sapper View Post
So, uhh, what's going on in here? We measuring cocks or something?
Ill hold the tape!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 6:35 PM

Until we have a shortage of qualified males needed to fill these combat MOS's, why are we even entertaining women in these roles?

Scubasteve, I agree with you on that dude. Every rifleman I know has agreed that women in combat are more of a liability than anything.

Bring up the hygiene issue.

Also FYI, the first 2 females allowed into Marine Infantry Officers Course (IOC) FAILED a couple weeks ago. They voluntarily washed out, couldn't hack it. We've been fighting the majority of wars for thousands of year... men. I don't see that it should be any different and comparing it with blacks and racism is ridiculous, there is no comparison there.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 PM

So you guys are telling me that GI Jane is fake? I though it was based on a true story.

I know I'm no expert on women but I heard that they don't have to spend some many days in the field. Don't if that's true, didn't care to look up the regs and never been to the field, my unit deployed when I arrived.

But hey if they can pass the same standards then I don't see a problem.
Old 11-18-2012, 7:28 AM

Default 101st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
The 101 isn't even an airborne unit anymore. They keep the tab for the history.
You are right they are more air assault with the nick name dope on the rope. When I was in there were only 3 airborne units left, 82nd Fort Bragg, A unit in Alaska, and I believe it was 113th in Italy.
Old 11-18-2012, 9:09 AM

When I was in combat I did not want women there. The Israeli experiment failed miserably.

Now the attached video shows a female force that could make it in any of todays front line units. Why it was successful I have no idea but they were very good at war.

This video is not in english but you won't have any trouble understanding what is being taught and said if you were in the military

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD1K9gNErwA

This is down in the Delta where I was at Bin Thuy just outside of CanTho.
Old 11-18-2012, 9:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATER313 View Post
You are right they are more air assault with the nick name dope on the rope. When I was in there were only 3 airborne units left, 82nd Fort Bragg, A unit in Alaska, and I believe it was 113th in Italy.
I still don't get how they are air assault. I did AA school at Drum but we don't call ourselves that. It's not like the 101 gets extra AA training, they simply have their own qualified school there. The airborne unit in Italy is the 173rd. When I was thinking of reenlisting that was my second choice if I couldn't get a RIP (RASP now?) contract.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
I still don't get how they are air assault.
Watch the beginning of "We Were Solders" or better yet, read the book. It goes into a bit of detail of how the 101st was transitioned from a classical airborne division into this new concept of "air mobile" then "air assault." Then look at how they were used in Desert Storm - that's what sets them apart from other infantry divisions.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Watch the beginning of "We Were Solders" or better yet, read the book. It goes into a bit of detail of how the 101st was transitioned from a classical airborne division into this new concept of "air mobile" then "air assault." Then look at how they were used in Desert Storm - that's what sets them apart from other infantry divisions.
Wasn't We Were Soldiers 1st Cav? My point is they don't do anything different to be an "AA unit". It's not like every soldier stationed at Campbell goes through AA school. Plus most infantry divisions do plenty of air assault missions in Afghanistan. The same could even be said about the 10th Mountain. Not everyone goes to Mountain Warfare school (although we do ruck march three times a week and go to Vermont a lot for mountain style training- at least my unit did). Hell even having a tab isn't required to be in a Ranger batt. I dunno I just don't get their emphasis on being an AA division other than losing their airborne designation.

I'm not bashing the division or anything and if the entire division became AA qualified I think it would be very beneficial to the Army, especially in modern warfare.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 AM

This thread is hilarious everyone is arguing over spilt milk lol. I think this point was brought up and it has a lot to do with it. Females can't to a lot of things got hygienic reasons. When we went to the cop for a week or jss we would leave our females behind because we would not have access to showers. In the field sanitation fm it states that females need showers every 3 days if not it can effect their health
Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcity View Post
Israelis let women serve in special operations with great success.
They don't. The only unit where women can be said to participate as typical combat soldiers is Karakal, which has been tasked with patrolling a god-forsaken, quiet strip of desert on the border with Egypt (which is probably much less quiet these last few weeks). It's not a special forces unit, really, just a unit with a less mainstream task. They do generic infantry training from what I've heard.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3239 View Post
That is because their roles are extremely limited. Most of the claims of female IDF SF is either in support or medical roles, the exeptions being the border police's SF unit and canine handlers at vehicle checkpoints. Make no mistake, they are not on the front lines, kicking in doors, and forcing terrorists by hand to eat the dirt.

And Israel is in a much different situation than us anyhow.
This may be the only instance of a female Israeli soldier in actual combat since the war of independence:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=263_1...657&comments=1

One of the soldiers hid during the firefight:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...ident-1.466584

Last edited by Chontkleer; 11-18-2012 at 11:40 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjeusmc View Post
Until we have a shortage of qualified males needed to fill these combat MOS's, why are we even entertaining women in these roles?
Because until we stop operating in Muslim countries, we will need our uniformed women to talk to the local female populace.
Old 11-26-2012, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomkt View Post
Because until we stop operating in Muslim countries, we will need our uniformed women to talk to the local female populace.
Oh, the FET teams. LOL! Other than having them feel up the local women for weapons and contraband, the local women (Afg) are about as willing to give up their [talib] relatives to a Wook as they are to a Dude. Their presence being a necessity is questionable at best.

I can quote a gunny addressing a group from a FET team on their way to a mission (week or 2 outside leatherneck)... "Take what you think you are going to need, your Marine brothers will help you carry it!"

I think that about sums it up.
Old 11-26-2012, 3:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Calguns has gone to hell! Back in the day someone would of posted a pic of a hottie with a m4.
Old 11-26-2012, 3:59 PM
Calguns Addict

I spent 11 years in Civil Affairs, deployed with SF here and there. Never saw a SF female but there were female trainers for the SF classrooms. That's the closest it got. However I recall seeing a bunch of Navy types training for Afghanistan which is a land locked country. We are getting closer to ONE force.
Old 11-26-2012, 4:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i remember seeing plenty of women in the SF compound in Iraq. they were there for recreational activities. sometimes i would see the guys pick up on the females on the FOB and i would shake my head and it was guilt by association since we worked with them. it was quite fun to see it. there was nothing anyone could do 11B you have no chance when the SF guys are hounding the females.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 12-14-2012, 9:04 PM
Banned

maby its like what the marine scount snipers do if they bang a girl they give the girl their teeshirt that has SS on it.... Possible the sf do the same and she took it to heart.