Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 09-18-2018, 4:44 AM

Default Pelican 50 qt Cooler $198

https://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

Other hunting related products “deal of the day”
https://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

Last edited by 21guns; 09-18-2018 at 4:46 AM..
Old 09-18-2018, 4:55 AM
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Seriously, Walmarts Ozark coolers are the best bang for the buck
Old 09-18-2018, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperchasin View Post
Did you mean Bang for your Yin? Seriously though I have heard the same. I prefer to show up in the field with American products that I load into my Japanese truck
Old 09-18-2018, 5:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Rtic coolers are 25% off over $100 on their website.
https://www.rticcoolers.com/
Old 09-18-2018, 6:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperchasin View Post
IMO, the lifetime cooler (sold at Walmart) is much better than the hard ozark coolers. Itís also cheaper at around $97.
Old 09-18-2018, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgseanp1 View Post
IMO, the lifetime cooler (sold at Walmart) is much better than the hard ozark coolers. Itís also cheaper at around $97.
I agree. Just picked up the lifetime for $97. 2 trips with it and I am sold. it is a great cooler. Ice lasts as long as other colors including by yeti and it has a great build quality. Bang for the buck, you can't beat it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 7:19 AM
Elevator Mechanic
CGN Contributor

Ozark coolers don’t hold ice as well as RTIC, but unless you’re trying to store ice for as long as possible without opening the lid, you won’t ever notice the difference in performance.

WTB cheap/used AK MFER.
Old 09-18-2018, 9:39 AM

Another plus for the lifetime, I have one, for 97$ it is good for what u get
Old 09-18-2018, 9:46 AM

Lifetime is made in the USA
Old 09-18-2018, 9:57 AM

I bought a lifetime. My issue was, drain plug leaked and the lid is not air/water tight.
Returned it and bpught 2 rtic

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonrai View Post
I bought a lifetime. My issue was, drain plug leaked and the lid is not air/water tight.

Well you definitely didn’t buy 2 RTIC for the price of the 1 lifetime. At close to half price, even with RTiC 25% off, I think Lifetime is better value. Now if it was defective, that’s one thing. Mine has never leaked, but I have no idea about the lid being air right as it isn’t that important to me.

Either way, to each his own!
Old 09-18-2018, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Well you definitely didnít buy 2 RTIC for the price of the 1 lifetime. At close to half price, even with RTiC 25% off, I think Lifetime is better value. Now if it was defective, thatís one thing. Mine has never leaked, but I have no idea about the lid being air right as it isnít that important to me.

Either way, to each his own!
20 quart was 101. 45 quart 140.00. So i paid a bit more vs the Lifetime.

As for the lid leaking? My cooler at times tips over in the back of the pick up. Some stuff back there I dont like to get wet. I.e. my trap guns .

Btw the 20 quart has held ice for 5 solid days. The Lifetime held ice about the same, but on the 5th day there was mess ice vs Rtic.

I'm happy I guess that's all that matters?

Old 09-18-2018, 2:35 PM

I'm going to have to look into and possibly consider a Lifetime cooler. I was leaning towards RTIC over Yeti after the whole gun fiasco thing, but if Lifetime is just as good as RTIC or better, at the price they're going for, then Lifetime cooler it is.

Thanks for the input! Btw, I don't see a Pelican 50 qt cooler on that link at all.
Old 09-18-2018, 2:40 PM

For me it is Pelican. Don't need a cooler but I sure wish they would make a hard golf case. Made in America though they do have facilities in other countries to service different parts of the world. Quality products.
Old 09-18-2018, 3:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaslayer View Post
I'm going to have to look into and possibly consider a Lifetime cooler. I was leaning towards RTIC over Yeti after the whole gun fiasco thing, but if Lifetime is just as good as RTIC or better, at the price they're going for, then Lifetime cooler it is.

Thanks for the input! Btw, I don't see a Pelican 50 qt cooler on that link at all.
I think lifetime is ďbetterĒ because itís cheaper and a better value... thatís my opinion. It apparently isnít leak proof so if your cooler may tip over, then maybe go with RTIC. Itís a pretty big cooler so tipping shouldnít be an issue under normal circumstances.
Old 09-18-2018, 4:01 PM

Most important is to prechill whatever cooler. Does make a difference.

Old 09-19-2018, 9:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonrai View Post

Lifetime had a couple of those issues when they first came out. They have corrected them.

The other big benefit is the Lifetime is much lighter than most other premium coolers out there and is still bear proof.

Edit: I see yours leaked when tipped over. I'm not sure how many coolers wouldn't leak in that situation. I don't think I've seen any independent tests that check for that.

ďI would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!Ē - Senator Barry Goldwater

Last edited by k1dude; 09-19-2018 at 9:27 AM..
Old 09-19-2018, 2:58 PM

The lifetime is a good value, the rubber feet keep it from moving around a lot better than a regular ice chest. The lid seal is basically a large rubber band that is not meant to keep it watertight. If you wanted to use some glue and an additional band you could probably make it like that but then it would make the lid hard to close. It's basically a great ice chest that is a good rectangle shape that is easy to store other things around it. My drain plug has been 100% And I think it is more based off of how you take care screwing it on and off. I wish I had tie down points that were independent of the handles or my only other option is putting a strap over the top. I don't feel attached eating a tie down to the handles is a strong enough location and when you put a top strap you limit your ability to get into the ice chest. It's not perfect but it's a darn good ice chest
Old 09-20-2018, 9:20 AM

I was at Walmart in person yesterday looking at the Lifetime 55qt. It was $137! And online it is $97! WtF!?

I was impressed with it, until I saw the gasket seal and noticed how easy it just comes right off. I was going to go with an RTIC 65qt but honestly, for me and my wife only, and at most a 3 day weekend camping trip, I can't see myself needing to spend $200 plus on a fancy cooler. I think the Lifetime will provide us with enough room and hold ice long enough for our needs. My only concern is it spills water out during washboard roads when overlanding, but it's not like we're driving with it full of water to the brim. I'll most likely be pulling the trigger on the Lifetime through the site. Free shipping and cheaper than in store.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:37 AM

aaaslayer - For a weekend trip, I would get a Coleman xtreme and save your money.

I'm going camping this weekend so I'm going to see if my buddy's yeti leaks on Sunday when we get back.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I was at Walmart in person yesterday looking at the Lifetime 55qt. It was $137! And online it is $97! WtF!?

I was impressed with it, until I saw the gasket seal and noticed how easy it just comes right off. I was going to go with an RTIC 65qt but honestly, for me and my wife only, and at most a 3 day weekend camping trip, I can't see myself needing to spend $200 plus on a fancy cooler. I think the Lifetime will provide us with enough room and hold ice long enough for our needs. My only concern is it spills water out during washboard roads when overlanding, but it's not like we're driving with it full of water to the brim. I'll most likely be pulling the trigger on the Lifetime through the site. Free shipping and cheaper than in store.
Iíve got an ozark trail 52 that doesnít leak. It seals really well.
Old 09-20-2018, 2:29 PM

Thank you guys for the tips, I'll take a look at both and check reviews on youtube
Old 09-20-2018, 4:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thank you guys for the tips, I'll take a look at both and check reviews on youtube
Not sure if anyone mentioned, but Walmart will price match online price.
Old 09-20-2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Not sure if anyone mentioned, but Walmart will price match online price.

Thanks! I looked into the Coleman Xtreme, but it leaks everything! Not good. I plan on using it on my overlanding adventures so washboard roads and rocky roads will likely cause it to spill water all over the place. I guess I'm just going to lean towards the RTIC 45qt. Best quality for the money. It was the RTIC 45 or the Lifetime 55qt but I'd rather just pay a bit more and stick with RTIC knowing that the seal is much better than Lifetime's seal.
Old 09-20-2018, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I looked into the Coleman Xtreme, but it leaks everything! Not good. I plan on using it on my overlanding adventures so washboard roads and rocky roads will likely cause it to spill water all over the place. I guess I'm just going to lean towards the RTIC 45qt. Best quality for the money. It was the RTIC 45 or the Lifetime 55qt but I'd rather just pay a bit more and stick with RTIC knowing that the seal is much better than Lifetime's seal.
Today my artic 20 toppled over. Dang woman on phone pulls out in front of me.
Well, no leaks not a drop. I got 6 days on the ice in the rtic. I think I can get 2 more days on the ice.

Old 09-23-2018, 1:03 PM

Yeti - doesn’t leak
Cabelas polar cap - doesn’t leak
Old 09-23-2018, 2:47 PM

Another option is Canyon Coolers. Made in AZ, lifetime, no questions asked warranty. Less expensive than Pelican and Yeti. Supposedly better ice retention than yeti as well

https://canyoncoolers.com

Weapons Case Hotwire Foam Cutting
Quote:
We can't help you ignore yourself. - CGN
Quote:
Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz