Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member

Default Test Shield Mag Extension

Those on the forum who know me, know that I own a concealed carry store, and that I am very conservative in offering products. They have to work. We have just added a new to us product to our line up. Testing went great, and the product solves a problem that anyone who has purchased a Shield has faced. For most of us that 7 round mag that comes with the gun, is short, great of concealment, but provides a lousy purchase on the grip for those of us that have large hands. The usual solution is to add a pinky extension which is OK, but you still only have 7+1. Mine has sat in my range bag, and I carry with an 8 rounder in the gun.

Strike Industries is producing a +2 contoured mag extension for the Shield, G42 and G43. After our testing we decided to stock the Shield (I will be carrying it on my personal weapon) and G43 in our Orange County store and will be adding it to our website.

It is available directly from Strike Industries, and other vendors, we just happen to have them in stock.

The purpose of this post is to say if you have a G42/G43/Shield this is a product worth buying. Inexpensive, functional. For the Shield the extended 7 round mag is now a 9 round mag giving me a 9+1 capacity, feels so much better in the hand than either the 7 or 8 round factory mag. Makes for a much better feeling draw well moving, functions perfectly as it uses your original 7 round mag, spring and floor plate. When installed it's essentially the same length as the 8 round mag, only much better grip.

The link below is to a video I found on you tube that does a great job of showing the E.M.P. Enhanced Magazine Plate (no that isn't me in the video).

I have tried this unit on an 8 round mag, making it a 10 round mag. It feels great in my hand, but it is as long as a stock full size M&P grip, makes it harder to conceal and would require a little sanding of the insert piece carried over from the 8 round to assure proper seating, so I would not recommend using them with your 8 round mag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBZ4pJffWDI

Last edited by grantar2; 09-22-2017 at 11:17 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 12:27 AM
Veteran Member

Strike Industries M&P Shield Magazine Base Plate Enhanced Extension +2 Rounds https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0757XBKHN..._YPHXzbEQRE57Z

Check out the review. Did this guy put it on his 8 round mag?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATEWA View Post
Strike Industries M&P Shield Magazine Base Plate Enhanced Extension +2 Rounds https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0757XBKHN..._YPHXzbEQRE57Z

Check out the review. Did this guy put it on his 8 round mag?
It will fit on the 8 round mag, it's not very concealable, and during rapid reloads may not seat well unless you do some grinding on the plastic insert. Feels OK in the hand, Strike Industries doesn't recommend it.

The Amazon price is a little on the high side. We have them in store for $14.99, 10% off that for active LEO and Fire.

Strike Industries is having trouble keeping up with demand but we will have them at the Ontario Gun Show, along with a sample for people to feel.

Great improvement over the stock 7 round with a pinky extension. Even better for a couple of dollars more than the pinky extension you can add two rounds.

The extension for the G43 works every bit as well.