Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-01-2013, 1:29 AM

Default I want my Pre Ban Gun rights back

Venting,
how can I use pre ban grease gun mags on ar45 pistol going featureless is that legit way to go?

lets all band together n make a bill call it the American Citizen firearms protection bill, get back our gun rights back,reclaim this state from the communists

1.you can have your assault weapons back
2.you need a safe not a trigger lock
3.you have your hi cap mags rights back
4.you are able to apply for a california state CCW valid as long as you keep up with fire arms training classes
5.you swore to defend and protect your neighbors friends family,property, the constitution, and you are required to serve as a member of the ca national guard or other military service part time
6.you are able to defend yourself in case of any imminent danger to self or others outside your house with a fire arm

please add on to this as I will is late and I can't sleep
Old 02-01-2013, 2:57 AM
Veteran Member

1) what's an assault weapon?
2) why do I need a safe?
3) hi cap? You mean standard caps?
4) you are able to apply for a CCW now, getting approval is another matter
5) why do you force people to serve just to own a god given right?
6) why do you need a law to make you protect your family?
Old 02-01-2013, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieP View Post
2) why do I need a safe?
Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "..shall not infringe!"
Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his right to keep and bear arms".
Old 02-01-2013, 5:42 AM

I agree with mike also except the safe part.
Old 02-01-2013, 6:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
2) why do I need a safe?
This ^^
/thread.

ΦΑ
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
2) why do I need a safe?
I love this place sometimes.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM

I want my pre-GCA 1968 rights back!

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt (1759-1806)
Old 02-01-2013, 1:17 PM
Calguns Addict

So is my right to free speech & religion conditional too? Gee please tell me what I need to do in order to be deemed worthy of exercising them!!
Old 02-01-2013, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdtiger View Post
lets all band together n make a bill call it the American Citizen firearms protection bill, get back our gun rights back,reclaim this state from the communists

This probably won't ever happen in this state. I was watching the local news last night and they had a big segment saying that sometime between 2014-2020 latinos will become the majority in CA. They said by 2040 they will be at 60% or more of the population. They then went on to give the results of a non-partisan poll about latinos and thier fear of guns. Saying 65% of the latino population fears guns, and supports strict gun control laws.

If any of this is true, and if the immigration agenda is passed, this will then give all the "ex"-illegals a vote in this state pushing the gun control vote far far left.

Republicans won't have control of this state for many many years to come if the immigration agenda goes through. And I highly doubt gun rights will ever be restored to prior 1994 laws.

I'm working on a 12 month exit plan from CA. And if it involves walking away from my mortgage to do so, so be it.
Old 02-01-2013, 3:45 PM

To my knowledge once gun control is passed its permenant unless it has a sunset date or is thrown out in court. Only in the very deepest hardcore red states have I seen gun control repealed by the legislature or public. Gun control makes non gun owners feel good and safer just like a 4 food fence around a gated community filled with beige stucco houses does!
Old 02-01-2013, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
To my knowledge once gun control is passed its permenant unless it has a sunset date or is thrown out in court. Only in the very deepest hardcore red states have I seen gun control repealed by the legislature or public. Gun control makes non gun owners feel good and safer just like a 4 food fence around a gated community filled with beige stucco houses does!
That's what I've read too. Do your best and don't let them have enough free time to make a well worded legislative bill. I've been writing the lawmakers everyday. Last night i had a bit too much to drink and got automated responses back from Stienberg and Boxer. I had it with being calm, collected and civil. I wrote a few sentences along the lines of "you're ignorant, misinformed.... you'll never take my guns... and peace out and not in the 60's way". Not too cohesive, but these emails aren't for being read, they are to overwhelm their IT systems and hope they acknowledge the amount opposition they face.
Old 02-01-2013, 5:04 PM

Quote:
5.you swore to defend and protect your neighbors friends family,property, the constitution, and you are required to serve as a member of the ca national guard or other military service part time
Because some animals are more equal than others, right?
Old 02-01-2013, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm123 View Post
This probably won't ever happen in this state. I was watching the local news last night and they had a big segment saying that sometime between 2014-2020 latinos will become the majority in CA. They said by 2040 they will be at 60% or more of the population. They then went on to give the results of a non-partisan poll about latinos and thier fear of guns. Saying 65% of the latino population fears guns, and supports strict gun control laws.

If any of this is true, and if the immigration agenda is passed, this will then give all the "ex"-illegals a vote in this state pushing the gun control vote far far left.

Republicans won't have control of this state for many many years to come if the immigration agenda goes through. And I highly doubt gun rights will ever be restored to prior 1994 laws.

I'm working on a 12 month exit plan from CA. And if it involves walking away from my mortgage to do so, so be it.
None of the above matters, due to this state on a path to bankruptcy long before this.
Old 02-01-2013, 5:11 PM

Quote:

I don't understand why gunners let this scare them. It's our job to build our community and if we want to build support for our "lifestyle", "passion", "hobby", or whatever we are gonna have to do it ourselves. We have to be the ones to reach out to these people and show them their rights and that guns shouldn't be feared.

Running from California isn't going to save you from this demographic shift. All you are doing is prolonging the inevitable.
Old 02-01-2013, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Monkey View Post
I don't understand why gunners let this scare them. It's our job to build our community and if we want to build support for our "lifestyle", "passion", "hobby", or whatever we are gonna have to do it ourselves. We have to be the ones to reach out to these people and show them their rights and that guns shouldn't be feared.

Running from California isn't going to save you from this demographic shift. All you are doing is prolonging the inevitable.
Because you're delusional and you'll never convince anyone who has their mind made up already. I'm done trying and I'm out.
Old 02-01-2013, 6:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
So is my right to free speech & religion conditional too? Gee please tell me what I need to do in order to be deemed worthy of exercising them!!
Actually they are conditional. Here are 5 super easy examples:

1. Can't yell fire in a crowded theater
2. Can't have human sacrifice even if your religion deems it part of the religion. Even animal sacrifice has VERY narrow exception.
3. Can't slander or libel people in the name of the First Ammendment
4. Can't marry a 14-year old, no matter what your religion says.
5. Can't practice polygamy.

The list goes on. Every right has a responsibility and a limit. The founding fathers knew this thus they put in a structure of government that could enforce the responsibilities and set reasonable limit

P.S. I don't want my neighbor defending me. He can't shoot worth a damn and might accidently shoot me instead
Old 02-01-2013, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Because you're delusional and you'll never convince anyone who has their mind made up already. I'm done trying and I'm out.
So you signed up for this forum to piss and moan about how you're going to give up? Interesting.

The goal of out reach programs isn't to sway hard liners. The goal is to sway/teach the people who don't know much of anything about guns.

Last edited by Random_Monkey; 02-01-2013 at 6:06 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 6:06 PM
Veteran Member

I want an SBR with a Surefire Mini.

Wait, what was this thread about again?

This thread is now about short barrels and suppressors.
Old 02-01-2013, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Monkey View Post
So you signed up for this forum to piss and moan about how you're going to give up? Interesting.

The goal of out reach programs isn't to sway hard liners. The goal is to sway/teach the people who don't know much of anything about guns.
And you as a college student, signed up to get an agenda across? Don't lecture me. I support the 2A 100%. I do not support the politics in this country and will not tolerate the California agenda with the ultimate goal of gun confiscation. Once you get some real life street experience then you can have a platform to talk.
Old 02-01-2013, 9:31 PM

To those of you advancing the Latino vote as some predictor-don't assume it just goes liberal. Prop 8 (which btw is unconstitutional on so many levels it isn't even funny... equal protection for starters) passed with heavy Latino and black support. The best thing that could happen is immigration reform because once it does it takes that issue off the table and no longer commits votes to the dems based upon it. if the GOP in cali was smart theyd go along with immigration reform just to take it off the table.
Old 02-02-2013, 7:58 AM

I have neighbors I don't want to protect.
Old 02-02-2013, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
To those of you advancing the Latino vote as some predictor-don't assume it just goes liberal. Prop 8 (which btw is unconstitutional on so many levels it isn't even funny... equal protection for starters) passed with heavy Latino and black support. The best thing that could happen is immigration reform because once it does it takes that issue off the table and no longer commits votes to the dems based upon it. if the GOP in cali was smart theyd go along with immigration reform just to take it off the table.
+1. This is obviously the solution.

It's true that many hispanics and african americans are afraid of guns because they tend to live in high crime urban areas where guns are already regulated heavily and few people have CHL's or are legal gun owners. Because of this the only "gun owners" these populations know about are the gangsters and criminals. But because of this, these two populations are ripe to be avid 2A supporters if they are reached out to and the immigration issue is taken off of the table.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM

I work in a factory that's 60-75% Latino. The only anti-gun discussion I heard post-Newtown was from a straight white male ranting about "assault weapons" and "hi-capacity clips" (his words not mine). You never know where people actually stand on guns until they open their mouth. I'm the absolute last person anyone would think is an AR-15 and Mini-14 owner. If there's one thing I enjoy personally proving wrong, it's stereotypes.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
Actually they are conditional. Here are 5 super easy examples:

1. Can't yell fire in a crowded theater
2. Can't have human sacrifice even if your religion deems it part of the religion. Even animal sacrifice has VERY narrow exception.
3. Can't slander or libel people in the name of the First Ammendment
4. Can't marry a 14-year old, no matter what your religion says.
5. Can't practice polygamy.

The list goes on. Every right has a responsibility and a limit. The founding fathers knew this thus they put in a structure of government that could enforce the responsibilities and set reasonable limit

P.S. I don't want my neighbor defending me. He can't shoot worth a damn and might accidently shoot me instead
I never said that the right was infinite and the exercising of it could be used with impunity to harm others. There is a difference between the lawful exercise of a right and an unlawful one. The critieria is "show me the victim!". In the theater/"FIRE" example, the victim is the guy who gets trampled. A 2nd Amendment analogue would be shooting your gun off wildly at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, and some little girl a quarter mile away catches one of your random stray bullets.

You can't make it against the law to whisper the word "fire" or have the word fire removed from the dictionary. The difference? A just law makes harmful actions illegal and punishes the perpetrator when harm occurs. An unjust law tries to negate even the potential for harm, even if no harm has been done, which precludes other lawful and unharmful conduct.

Do not put preconditions on the free exercise of my rights, but please feel free to hold me accountable for harm that I actually cause.

Last edited by bruss01; 02-04-2013 at 11:54 AM..
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdtiger View Post
You can't require people to serve. And being prior military, active duty members don't WANT someone who "has to be there". We just don't. Besides, selective service pretty much covers that one up. I encourage people to serve, but it takes a little something extra that most people aren't willing to give (note I say "willing" and not "capable"). Hate it if you want, but every American wants to enjoy their rights, and not all of them are willing to give up their lifestyle to defend those rights until they are backed into a corner. It doesn't matter the reason, and I don't look down on the people unwilling. Even I was hesitant before I signed up.

Quote:
2) why do I need a safe?
You don't need a safe. In my opinion though, every gun owner should have one. Not for locking them up when you're at home, but to lock them up when you're away. If nothing else than to protect your investments, but it's peace of mind to think some jerkoff can't just take my weapons easily. Should it be mandated? Absolutely not. But I believe a responsible gun owner would do themselves credit to have one.

And maybe he DOES mean hi cap mags? I mean if we agree that 30 round is standard, are there not mags that hold more than 30? Just having standard would be an awesome start, why not more?
Old 02-04-2013, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejake View Post
I want my pre-GCA 1968 rights back!
I vote for pre-NFA 1934 rights being restored.

-Ruskie
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)
Old 02-04-2013, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post

me too!

A.W.D.
Old 02-04-2013, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post

This is just common sense for personal protection

Give me a suppressor or I'm removing all of my mufflers and catalytic converters......... lol as if I had any

Last edited by 650proof; 02-04-2013 at 3:06 PM..