Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 10-16-2021, 11:17 PM

Default Clothing to avoid printing?

Iím a jeans and T-shirt shove everything in my pockets kind of girl, I hate carrying anything extra, especially purses- I just prefer to be hands free as much as possible. Backpack is okay I guess since I can still be hands free, but hard to reach a firearm if I ever needed to. Most jeans these days are tight and printing has been kind of an issue for me, especially if my shirt is tight. Does anyone else have this problem or am I crazy?? How do you guys get around this? Iíve started wearing a bigger belt buckle which pushes my shirt out a little and helps some, but not enough for some clothes.
Old 10-17-2021, 5:14 AM
Veteran Member

Not a girl but what are you planning on carrying?

Some guns conceal better than others.

Old 10-17-2021, 5:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post

Good point.

Carrying a full size pistol in a pair of skinny jeans with a form fitting top is going to be a challenge.

Warm weather/climate is only going to be bigger challenge.

Carrying full time requires some adaptation and some change...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 10-17-2021, 6:20 AM
Veteran Member

Check out the Girls with Guns YouTube channel. That channel has vids of women carrying wearing all sorts of outfits, carrying both guns and knives.
Old 10-17-2021, 7:06 AM
Veteran Member

In what position are you carrying? Is the printing REALLY that noticeable, or are you overthinking it?

Ask yourself this, how many times a day are you walking around, looking at other people’s waist lines? Answer is probably very rarely. People nowadays are too busy looking at there phones while walking. The fact that you know you are carrying makes you think that EVERYONE will notice, but in reality nobody will probably ever notice. Of course that is unless the position in which you carry is outrageous, you’re walking funny, or you’re carrying some obtrusive firearm, etc.

Maybe ask for a close friend’s opinion. Don’t tell them you’re carrying and ask them how your outfit looks. If they don’t notice, say, “Does it look weird in this spot (where you’re carrying)?” Chances are they still won’t even realize that you’re carrying.

Many people close to me know I carry, yet I get asked constantly if I am carrying. They look for it on me, but can never tell. To me, it’s obvious that I’m carrying, but again we notice because it’s on our mind constantly.
Old 10-17-2021, 7:30 AM

Try the Phlster Enigma.
Old 10-18-2021, 4:57 PM

+1 for the phlster enigma. I wear athletic shorts and sweats without a problem.
Old 10-18-2021, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Check out the Girls with Guns YouTube channel.
Yep. Or find a local women's gun group or shoot club to talk to. Lady body shapes are so varied compared to men, particularly how your hips and waist are shaped, that make carry difficult. You may have to experiment with pants with a much higher, or lower, waist than you are used to, to get the effect you need. Or try off-belt holster positions, there's some belly-band kind of holsters for women too. There's even one for compact pistols that basically clips to the center of your bra I've seen ads for, the draw is then similar to appendix carry, just up instead of down. Once the weather gets cooler a light jacket pretty much solves it.
Old 10-20-2021, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolocalypso View Post
I’m a jeans and T-shirt shove everything in my pockets kind of girl, I hate carrying anything extra, especially purses- I just prefer to be hands free as much as possible. Backpack is okay I guess since I can still be hands free, but hard to reach a firearm if I ever needed to. Most jeans these days are tight and printing has been kind of an issue for me, especially if my shirt is tight. Does anyone else have this problem or am I crazy?? How do you guys get around this? I’ve started wearing a bigger belt buckle which pushes my shirt out a little and helps some, but not enough for some clothes.

Hi yolo! I'm a female and I sometimes CCW.

Most clothing choices will coincide with your: body shape, weapon and preferred position of carry.

I have hips and a butt; so, outside the the waistband (OWB) does NOT work for me. I carry inside waistband (IWB) at the "cross draw" (11 o' clock) position. I use a Sticky Holster brand holster because it won't jam into my hip bone and it's generally flat. That's what works for ME. What works for YOU might be something else. Some women have a big enough bust to CCW mid-chest with a corset holster or with a Flash-Bang bra holster, I don't.

I like jeans as they will hold my holster in place (without a clip or belt); but, my set-up isn't great for running. Printing is a big issue with tight tops, yoga pants, etc. We women don't typically wear big Hawaiian shirts, bowling shirts, or baggy cargo shorts like men do. We usually want to look cute. I, too, am mostly a t-shirt and jeans girl; but, I still want to look cute sometimes, you know? To cover, flowy tops work for me the best. If I'm just jammin' over to the grocery store, a regular-style t-shirt and jeans is just fine for my IWB carry. The t-shirt covers just fine. However, my body shape doesn't allow me to wear a tight top and tight jeans and carry IWB. I have to move to purse carry in that outfit.

For me, wearing a holster like a Phlster Enigma is waayy too much holster to be sticking into my pants. I'm not fat, but I'm not a rail-thin 115 pounds like most all of the models in the pictures. Jiminy Christmas. Some of us are tall and have curves in all the right places. Though, that brand of holster looks secure and could be an option for you.

9mmContagion makes some good points about not over-thinking it too hard and maybe asking a friend to look at your outfit (with CCW) and give an opinion. Though, I respectfully disagree with the idea that people won't look. Men look at women's bodies. It's what men do. Men will look at your chest. They will look at your hips. They will look at your butt. Women's bodies are enjoyable to look at. So, a lump of a gun sticking out under your clothes could indeed be noticeable.

sbo80 shared some good insights - you basically have to do trial and error until you find a combination that works with your gun, body and preferred clothing style.

If you browse through our Ladies Forum, you will find a bunch of other threads discussing the same topic. In them, there have often been product links posted, which may help. Good luck!!

Last edited by BadKitty; 10-20-2021 at 8:35 PM..
Old 10-20-2021, 8:36 PM

Try a muumuu.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post

Iím carrying a Kimber K6S.
I have my Glock 19 registered on my permit but I havenít carried it simply because itís even harder to conceal.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Wife often uses a belly band.
Like these

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bellyband...s_ts-doa-p_5_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 10-24-2021, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Wife often uses a belly band.
Belly band is what I use when my Sticky Holster may not stay put in loose pants, etc.
Old 10-24-2021, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post

Ask yourself this, how many times a day are you walking around, looking at other peopleís waist lines? Answer is probably very rarely.
She's a woman.

Ask that of any guy....you will probably get a much different answer!
Old 10-25-2021, 7:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Ask yourself this, how many times a day are you walking around, looking at other peopleís waist lines? Answer is probably very rarely. People nowadays are too busy looking at there phones while walking.
You aren't trying to conceal from Joe Public. You're trying to conceal from potential criminals who are sizing you up to see if you could be their next victim. Those people usually have more situational awareness and are actively looking for potential weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
We women don't typically wear big Hawaiian shirts, bowling shirts, or baggy cargo shorts like men do. We usually want to look cute.
I don't know about cute, but Linda Hamilton's getup in T2 was sexy as hell. (https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...Hamilton-a.jpg)

yolocalypso, search for some of BadKitty's earlier posts. She did a good writeup of her experiences trying out different holsters. Everyone is different and women have greater variations in body types, but I think you'll find her posts useful.
Old 10-26-2021, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Kraft View Post
I don't know about cute, but Linda Hamilton's getup in T2 was sexy as hell. (https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...Hamilton-a.jpg) .
I'll give you that! She's pretty bada**!